D2Hosting - 3 Month Review

Over 3 months ago I began hosting a couple small websites with D2Hosting.com. I was attracted to them because their low price, and ability to pay monthly without paying extra. It seems like this is the first time they have been reviewed at WHT. Here is my experience with them:

Uptime: No problems, I haven't noticed any downtime in the past 3 months. Loading speed has been okay.

Features: Nothing fancy, just the basics. You don't get too many extras like some hosts offer, but it includes everything I needed.

Support: I only had to contact support once, because my awstats was not working. It took over a day for them to respond to my email, but the problem was fixed.

Price: At $2.00, billed monthly, very cheap. Most hosts require long contracts for a low price, but here you can pay month by month. Their smallest package is very limited, but enough for my needs.

Bottom line: For the money, D2Hosting is a great value, as long as you are only hosting small simple websites and you do not need too many extra features or very fast support. Their larger packages are much more pricey, and if I had to, I would prefer switch to a different host rather than upgrade. I would say I am satisfied with the service, it's nothing awful, nothing amazing. I probably would use them again in the future for hosting small, low traffic websites.

I will report my domain via the "Report" button.
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com

Nice review and glad you are happy, support seems to need some work but other than that they seem to be doing a good job

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad4 View Post
    Over 3 months ago I began hosting a couple small websites with D2Hosting.com. I was attracted to them because their low price, and ability to pay monthly without paying extra. It seems like this is the first time they have been reviewed at WHT. Here is my experience with them:

Uptime: No problems, I haven't noticed any downtime in the past 3 months. Loading speed has been okay.

Features: Nothing fancy, just the basics. You don't get too many extras like some hosts offer, but it includes everything I needed.

Support: I only had to contact support once, because my awstats was not working. It took over a day for them to respond to my email, but the problem was fixed.

Price: At $2.00, billed monthly, very cheap. Most hosts require long contracts for a low price, but here you can pay month by month. Their smallest package is very limited, but enough for my needs.

Bottom line: For the money, D2Hosting is a great value, as long as you are only hosting small simple websites and you do not need too many extra features or very fast support. Their larger packages are much more pricey, and if I had to, I would prefer switch to a different host rather than upgrade. I would say I am satisfied with the service, it's nothing awful, nothing amazing. I probably would use them again in the future for hosting small, low traffic websites.

I will report my domain via the "Report" button.
    Well I guess if you are paying $2.00 per month, there really isn't much you can complain about. My only concern would be how long is a company that is only charging $2.00 per month going to be around for?

In any case, glad you are happy with them and thank you for sharing your experience.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Well I guess if you are paying $2.00 per month, there really isn't much you can complain about. My only concern would be how long is a company that is only charging $2.00 per month going to be around for?

In any case, glad you are happy with them and thank you for sharing your experience.
    They charge more for their larger plans. Their website says they have been around since late 2003 and their domain was registered in early 2004, so I'm hoping they won't disappear.

They charge more for their larger plans. Their website says they have been around since late 2003 and their domain was registered in early 2004, so I'm hoping they won't disappear.
    How did you hear of this company? They seem to be relatively unknown. But I did check they're website, what they offer for the price they offer sounds reasonable ($2.00 for 100mb of diskspace). However, I dont see how many clients are going to go for the bigger packages (seems a little over priced).

In any-case, keep us posted!
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    How did you hear of this company? They seem to be relatively unknown. But I did check they're website, what they offer for the price they offer sounds reasonable ($2.00 for 100mb of diskspace). However, I dont see how many clients are going to go for the bigger packages (seems a little over priced).

In any-case, keep us posted!
    I actually don't remember how I found them, probably somehow through Google, maybe some directory.

I actually don't remember how I found them, probably somehow through Google, maybe some directory.
    If you are happy with them I believe that does not matter at all how have you found them at all.
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

Thank you for sharing always nice to hear a positive review.

Nice to hear positive review. Their plans seem to be realistic, non overselling. Only one question: do they offer any pre-installed scripts, like Fantastico? I did not find it on their page, but it may be in a magic phrase "and a lot of more"....

When I log into cpanel I see a few pre-installed scripts like phpBB, but no Fantastico.

I'm happy you're satisfied with their service and thank you for sharing your review.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

I'm currently using the same host. No complaints, if you know what you're doing and don't need support. I registered hosting there almost a week ago but never got a confirmation email with my access codes.

So support is lacking but if you're looking for cheap hosting, this place is bomb. $2/month, good speed, and you can have subdomains which other places dont give you.
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••
    | | | |**The Top Web Hosts**
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Cheap Hosts Quality Hosts Coupons Save $$$