Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, here's my review for hostv.

Been with them for about 5-6 months.

Had a few issue with my VPS, they manage to fix some issue. Support replies are usually within 10 minutes. They have very smart people in their staff, especially Patrick, the others usually delay my ticket. For a managed VPS I was expecting better support, but then again I require special attention, and I'm the worst customer for web hosting companies. I don't think I ever experience downtime, if my VPS did, it was fixed instantly.

This isn't a good nor bad review. Just my experience with them. If your looking for a cheap VPS w/ decent support, this is the place.

Thank you for your kind review and feedback, we'll continue to do our best

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyk View Post
    Well, here's my review for hostv.

Been with them for about 5-6 months.

Had a few issue with my VPS, they manage to fix some issue. Support replies are usually within 10 minutes. They have very smart people in their staff, especially Patrick, the others usually delay my ticket. For a managed VPS I was expecting better support, but then again I require special attention, and I'm the worst customer for web hosting companies. I don't think I ever experience downtime, if my VPS did, it was fixed instantly.

This isn't a good nor bad review. Just my experience with them. If your looking for a cheap VPS w/ decent support, this is the place.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Would you allow me to Host my Game hacking community ?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMumford View Post
    Would you allow me to Host my Game hacking community ?
    Hi

Please contact us with more details so we can let you know, typically if it's just game cheat codes etc.. that shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams

Re:

Hello,

I like to check out the Unmanaged Linux VPS, but it says i must pick a domain i chose one then asked me it's $15.00 can i order without one.
    Last edited by unknown68; 08-01-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown68 View Post
    Could this be good with game servers?
    Hi

We have great latency for US East & European players.

Read more at www.hostv.com/infrastructure.shtml

Re:

im ordering a package but i like to get the Unmanaged Linux VPS with no domain

Hello,

I like to check out the Unmanaged Linux VPS, but it says i must pick a domain i chose one then asked me it's $15.00 can i order without one.
    im ordering a package but i like to get the Unmanaged Linux VPS with no domain
    You can just order with a RANDOM Domain, it doesn't need to work.
    Just pick use existing domain and type in any domain.

Signed up to HostV VZ1 yesterday, so far so good, support has been pretty quick. I'm a total VPS newb so I'm probably the customer from hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Vazza View Post
    Signed up to HostV VZ1 yesterday, so far so good, support has been pretty quick. I'm a total VPS newb so I'm probably the customer from hell...
    Glad to hear

Please private message me if anything specific you need.

Also you can catch me as "HostV Admin" on our http://forums.hostv.com via PM

Got some great offers I may consider purchasing I've Seen some good reviews about your company.

Quote Originally Posted by zFastJames View Post
    Got some great offers I may consider purchasing I've Seen some good reviews about your company.
    Hi,

Feel free to contact us and we can easily show you few of our happy customers or even hop on our forums or various review sites

If you have any other questions also feel free to contact us!

Cheers

any plans for an off shore vps mate, some where around UK ? My friend already has 1 vps with u, we are looking for one more in the UK region

Hi,

We currently do not have any VPS around UK but our VPS are located on the US East Coast in NJ, right outside of New York City and it has great connectivity to UK

You can see more: www.hostv.com/infrastructure.shtml

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by koolnhot View Post
    any plans for an off shore vps mate, some where around UK ? My friend already has 1 vps with u, we are looking for one more in the UK region

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Hi,

We currently do not have any VPS around UK but our VPS are located on the US East Coast in NJ, right outside of New York City and it has great connectivity to UK

You can see more: www.hostv.com/infrastructure.shtml

Cheers!
    actually servers at UK, give good speed for both the end of the traffic for us, we get traffic from US and Indian sub-continent, and UK speeds are looking impressive at both ends. Servers in US are faster for only US and UK users, and a little slow for indian sub-continental users - its the reason I had asked about it

Quote Originally Posted by koolnhot View Post
    actually servers at UK, give good speed for both the end of the traffic for us, we get traffic from US and Indian sub-continent, and UK speeds are looking impressive at both ends. Servers in US are faster for only US and UK users, and a little slow for indian sub-continental users - its the reason I had asked about it
    Ahh, understood. If you contact me via private message with some details on who exactly you're targeting and latency to India from our servers I can definitely look into it with our network engineer.

Overall we've had good feedback from customers in India on our network

Cheers

Hi do you allow proxy hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by firefoxie View Post
    Hi do you allow proxy hosting?
    If it's private proxy it should be fine but we do take these into consideration on a per case basis depending on usage purpose and what is being done with it.

Best to just signup and try as we do have 30-day money back guarantee.

Cheers

Hi the prices stated on this post are for 36 month sign ups is that correct? When I goto your site its $39.99 for the VZ1 for 1 month?

Quote Originally Posted by clickfive View Post
    Hi the prices stated on this post are for 36 month sign ups is that correct? When I goto your site its $39.99 for the VZ1 for 1 month?
    Hi

Yes you get more and more discount as you increase your payment cycle term.

Cheers

Is there automatic backups included in the basic VPS package?

I'm looking to move from FutureHosting to save some money.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ntfu2 View Post
    Is there automatic backups included in the basic VPS package?

I'm looking to move from FutureHosting to save some money.
    Thanks
    Hi

Yes it is, however we still recommend customers to also keep full backups on their own locally just in case.

Cheers

Cirtex,
    I Just signed up to WHT due to interest in your servers. I currently use shared hosting for an independent web design business and am looking to move to a VPS for faster speed and more flexibility.

I am fairly tech savvy and a linux user so i was looking initially at unmanaged servers, what exactly is the added bonus of using a managed server aside from CPanel.

Also, with either unmanaged/managed would I be able to offer my clients individual billing services and personal cpanel accounts? This would be ideal for clients who prefer to pay monthly and one of the main reasons i would like to move off of shared hosting.

Hi energeebuzz,

Unmanaged will require you to install everything yourself including a control panel if you need one. However you do have Virtuozzo Power Panel free for unmanaged + managed vps.

I would recommend Managed as not only do you get free cPanel license which alone is $10+/month for VPS license, you also get free management from us. You can click on the "Fully Managed" link to read more on our website. If you have further questions please email sales@hostv.com.

You can resell to clients in either scenarios, but it'll be a bit harder for unmanaged.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by energeebuzz View Post
    Cirtex,
    I Just signed up to WHT due to interest in your servers. I currently use shared hosting for an independent web design business and am looking to move to a VPS for faster speed and more flexibility.

I am fairly tech savvy and a linux user so i was looking initially at unmanaged servers, what exactly is the added bonus of using a managed server aside from CPanel.

Also, with either unmanaged/managed would I be able to offer my clients individual billing services and personal cpanel accounts? This would be ideal for clients who prefer to pay monthly and one of the main reasons i would like to move off of shared hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by chanhope View Post
    offer look great, but after using cirtex shared hosting am feared to use cirtex products .. i got bad experience with support person while using shared hosting
    yes offer looks great indeed but, same here i too had bad experience with with cirtex not with the support team but due the downtime.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12