Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warning: WHT Member G-RaZoR

I have had G-RaZoR on my staff for several months now creating a network of games, movies, and more. He bought some domains for me and I was going to pay him back for them. We recently had a fight and he recieved an offer on the domains and now hes not selling them to me. I was arguing on our forums and 5 minutes later hes goes and deletes the entire forum directory. I'm in the process of forwarding any logs that my webhost may have to get his isp shutoff. I would like help trying to find out his home phone so I may phone his mother and father of his activities. I will be contacting him shortly about what he has done, but as for now I am deeply pissed off.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member...o&userid=72129
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Uh Oh! Time to call the WHT Police
      0 Not allowed!

Do you have backups?

Also never trut anyone whos name is spelt LiK3 ThiS
      0 Not allowed!

chances are he is underage and he really did nothing illegal regardless.
    Actually, he really did delete my entire forums. I didn't understand why he asked me if I could see the page. It was until I got done writing a post that I get a 404 on my very own forums. I'm probably going to see if my webhost has a 24 hour backup.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by OKIHost
    Do you have backups?

Yes, and always do backups no matter who it is. Even if it is some one trustfull they might on accident delete something important (not talking about the G-RaZoR ). I might not agree with Kerry on certain stuff, but no one should have this done to them...

G-RaZoR
    I am back....

0 Not allowed!

How old is he? Based on the fact that you want to speak with his parents, I'm guessing he is quite young.

Unfortunately, this is one of the inherent dangers of dealing with someone still in diapers. You never know when they're going to go "adolescent" on you and your business.

(I know, I know, not all young people are irresponsible, but the ratio is certainly much higher...)

Sorry to hear your troubles, Kerry. Hopefully you will be able to gain access to some backups. I'd be surprised if your host didn't have any.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by vito

Unfortunately, this is one of the inherent dangers of dealing with someone still in diapers. You never know when they're going to go "adolescent" on you and your business.

Vito

Not just young people, but older people as well. Some just cant be trusted.
    I am back....

0 Not allowed!

How old is he? Based on the fact that you want to speak with his parents, I'm guessing he is quite young.

(I know, I know, not all young people are irresponsible, but the ratio is certainly much higher...)

Sorry to hear your troubles, Kerry. Hopefully you will be able to gain access to some backups. I'd be surprised if your host didn't have any.

Vito
    I don't have a problem trusting young people as I know there is some good hearted people who aren't blinded by greed. He isn't wanting $32 for the four domains that he owns. The other day he told me someone offered him $30 per domain, which means I would have to raise another $120 which is ********. I already paid $85 for someone who cybersquatted one of our domains.

I will defiantly listen to the back of my brain when I get that feeling about something. I realized that when something negative is being focused on me or talked about me it feels like the back of my head is bulging in some way. I guess maybe its a sign of upcoming trouble.

Hes currently 15 as I recall.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, trust your gut. More often than not, it gets you out of the path of oncoming trouble/disaster/grief.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials
      0 Not allowed!

Why did you let him buy them? Why didn't you buy them yourself and avoid all these problems?
    Greg Lubbelinkhof
      0 Not allowed!

I'm 17, If my parents recieved a call like that, they would laugh. Think of a new attack method..
      0 Not allowed!

Why did you let him buy them? Why didn't you buy them yourself and avoid all these problems?
    Jobs are short in my town which means its hard to get my hand on some cash. We needed the domains and the time and he bought them. He knew i'd get around for paying him and making alittle profit off it.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Carp
    I'm 17, If my parents recieved a call like that, they would laugh. Think of a new attack method..
    Why would they laugh, Carp? Do they not feel (even partially) responsible for their children's actions?

Vito
      0 Not allowed!

"Your son messed with my website becuase I game him access to edit it, ground him"

Yeah....ok.
      0 Not allowed!

Why would they laugh, Carp? Do they not feel (even partially) responsible for their children's actions?

Vito
    Its actually a very serious offense of what he did despite the minor illegal destruction of data he caused. I recall a youth hacked into our server and I had already filled out 7 pages on the incident and was ready to fax it over. I couldn't however because he was under 18 and couldn't be extradicted to face criminal charges.

I know parents can have a affect on the teenager because what he did could cause a lawsuit and were in the process of becoming incorporated under that name and he was saying there is labor laws that make it illegal for him to work for free blah, blah, etc. When I have mentioned numerous times that this is voluntary until we begin generating a decent amount of revenue.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Well, you could trivialize it that way, Carp, but that just shows your age.

Instead, you could think that responsible parents would be genuinely concerned that their son has caused damage to someone's business/property.

Vito
      0 Not allowed!

One word, Ethics.

The main problem is that with the fast development of the web, it's getting harder and harder to prosecute and solve such a case.

It's clearly a shame. Not to mention irresponsable parents.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Lorand M
    One word, Ethics.

The main problem is that with the fast development of the web, it's getting harder and harder to prosecute and solve such a case.

It's clearly a shame. Not to mention irresponsable parents.
    Well it is not always the parents fault . I mean when I was younger I was a bully to a few kids. Though my father has always taught me to not fight with people (also is a church person). Now look at me now.. I am a very nice honest person, and only would hit someone if they tryed to hit me first.
    I am back....

0 Not allowed!

Bottom line is, You shouldn't give access to someone so young. Younger people get angry and don't care about others sometimes..

HORMONES
      0 Not allowed!

Couldn't have said it better myself, Carp.

Vito
      0 Not allowed!

If something similar would happen to me and the damage would be quite considerable, I would sue the HORMONES out of him or his legal tutors.

These are serious issues and should be handeled as appropriate.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli
      0 Not allowed!

Can you really sue if you give him full access to the site like that? He had control over what went on....or at least the access to...
      0 Not allowed!

lorand the damages dont seem to be high dollar amount, just important to kerry. What legal action could you take if someone purchased the domains themselves, have fun explaining that in court along with why he was given access, as well as being lucky and getting a judge who knows anything about this kind of stuff.

Not saying the dude isnt wrong, just saying it wouldnt realy hold up in court,
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by OKIHost
    Do you have backups?

0 Not allowed!

Can you really sue if you give him full access to the site like that? He had control over what went on....or at least the access to.
    Actually its called destruction of data, but i'm not going to sue for it. I am pissed off that 300 of constructive posting of the network is gone.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast