Server for Audio/Video Website?

Hey guys
    I am having an Audio/Video website where I am giving facility to the users to watch online videos and use Audio Service, also with a download feature (It is not Live service)

Now I am very much concern where to get started from, currently I have hosted a website with hostgator on a trial basis as it is shared so it took me 30 minutes to upload a 20-25mb files and I checked on youtube I uploaded a 13mb file only in 4 minutes, is it because of fast servers?must be! (and yeh with same speed, same internet connection, so internet speed not an issue here)

Here are the details.
    New website so not sure what will be the traffic like, could be like hundreds of users (not thousands I think) initially per month.
    Data to be uploaded aprox 200GB
    Video files can be like 15-20MB (or 20-30 minutes)
    Audio (3-5MB files)
    Target users (Could be from anywhere, europe or u.s mainly)

Now do I need a streaming server or dedicated server with streaming service from the provider? Any fast streaming service I could get under $100?

Please suggest which service would be better as for a starter?

Best regards

I would recommend increasing your budget a tad bit and have a look at either SoftLayer.com or EGIHosting.com who specialize in streaming.

You probably need some ffmpeg type software and you need more ram, good cpu and good drive on this.

So, 100 is not that much and you need to increase it a little.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

I would say, you need to increase your budget a bit. You can go with a Core2Quad with 500GB Harddisk, 4GB Ram and definately 2TB bandwidth to start with.

You will always have room to expand in the future. Where are your customers mostly located?
    More than decade with webhosting!

audio/video site

well I am not sure but mainly could be from U.S and Europe its just a beginning thats why I do not want to pay higher for the server and then not too sure about the service of providers as well. What if I go for 100GB Storage initially ? but the main thing is I need a good upload speed because data is in big quantity and I cannot wait for 5-10 files to be uploaded in an hour because I have like thousands of files.

You will probably find the upload seed probem is at your end - not the server..

My two pence worth..
    http://www.1mix.co.uk Its all about the music..

If you're running a video and media website, your primary concerns will be bandwidth followed by encoding. For bandwidth, I recommend that you look into unmetered servers available from various hosts, such as FDC. Upload speeds are especially good on FDC (not as much so downloads).

Note, though, that it's much more likely for your upload to be limited by your own upstream, especially if you're uploading from home. Getting better servers may help, but only to a certain degree.