Exclamation UFOhost.net scam. beware.

Hi all, I found the offer in shared host offer by UFOhost.net

I thought they were ok because they are from alienvps, I went to their website http://ufohost.net/support/faqs/ and knowing that they have a 5 days money back. so I went ahead. Found out in a while their post were deleted.

I asked for refund because they could not change my username for some reason. I dont see a reason.

This is the reply i got from them.

The username request cannot be done by our terms as we run a different setup and operations as most hosts. We are not your other providers, We are Alienlayer.

I also would like to inform you, as you have checked and clicked that you understand and agree to our terms of service when ordering our services, That we do not offer any type of refunds - all sales & transactions between the client and us are final.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you,
    The username follows your domain name - it shouldn't be that hard to remember? If you know your domain name, you know your username. The reason this is done for our servers is so your able to view your domain and your account even without your domain incase anything happens by viewing your shared IP address (or dedicated IP address) by going to it http://IP/~username/.

Thank you

---
    Donald Burnett
    AlienLayer - Abducting the competition!
    [email]: donald@alienlayer.com

So they advertise 5 day money back but then tell you you can't have a refund because they don't offer refunds?

*cough* false advertisement, sue them *cough*,

If you can't uphold what you display, you are effictly breaking the law and puts the law in favour of the other party, ie. the customer.

How long ago did you start with ufohost?
    FusedServers.com - Shared and Dedicated Servers
    █ Softaculous, CloudFlare, cPanel, 99% Uptime, MySQL, PHP, Dallas, Tx.
    Sales@FusedServers.com - Shared and Dedicated Web Hostin

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar-HostPort View Post
    How long ago did you start with ufohost?
    2 days ago? yesterday asked for refund. And lastly, their reply is SLOW! or maybe not bother.

look! how about this? just incase they remove it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2011-10-29 at 3.37.00 AM.png  

Apparently they are also not very good with coming up with their own company mottos.

Sorry to hear about your problems ngky, it seems pretty clear cut here if what you say is true.

We are not your other providers, We are Alienlayer.
    Jay Weissman
    LeopardHost.com | Modern and affordable hosting solutions
    Powered by LiteSpeed and CloudLinux | Cpanel/WHM | Sitebuilder
    Free .COM or .NET for life! | Expert Support | 7 Years in Business

Did you point out that it was on their website?
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Quote Originally Posted by ngky7 View Post
    look! how about this? just incase they remove it
    The verbiage AlienLayer is quoting is on a link in a reply on their community forum. Cannot find that link on their website.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

I am gathering everything comes under the terms of "AlienLayer"... safe to assume?

If so, they are falsely advertising the money back term of 5 days for no refunds as according to their AlienLayer policies to where I cannot see a policy on the UFOHost end.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Yeah, I was skeptical at first but went ahead. But now I know and want to warn people here about them.

I replied them that I would post a thread in WHT and contact PAYPAL.

They replied

Hi,

Can you please provide me this information where you were provided that information at?

---
    Donald Burnett
    [email]: donald@alienlayer.com
    Joke, joke and joke. They don't even know. And I don't like their reply at all. Take too long to reply and the worse is, they don't really know how to please customer. Good luck alienlayer. I will update you guys about the refund, if they still don't and paypal doesn't take my money back. I will give them a letter even though it's less than $20USD. It's all about trust. It's more to scam now.

I would not recommend them at all. That's for sure

ok guys, They finally refunded. I paste them this link and also the screenshot. Guess they are afraid. But however, I would not recommend them still. Just by support, it's not good enough. Thanks all for the reply and support!

Great to see ngky7.

If they advertise it on their website, especially as (5 days) as a money back guarantee they should follow by their advertisements.

Unfortunate event but great to see they did refund you.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Sean, the owner replied me.

Hi Ken, I am the owner of AlienLayer. I am very sorry that you had a poor experience with us. I've been out of the office for the past few days and your issues would of normally been addressed much sooner if I was around.

I have gone ahead and refunded your payment for your hosting. You can also keep the account for the next year for free. Please be aware that we are not a scam company. UFOHost.net is a new service from AlienLayer and we have a different refund policy on UFOHost versus AlienVPS. I apologize for the confusion, I take full responsibility as I did not clearly inform our staff about this.

I have also gone ahead and changed your username as you requested. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
    How would you rate this reply?
    well, as least I have a free account now. They should make things clearer before launching a new service. But those who is with them, it's up to you to rate them. I had bad experience. that's all.

Well, calling their company "scam" is a bit hard word.
    You should allow more time for refund process, because most of the companies do not provide 24/7 Billing Department, Billing department doesn't work during weekends, or for some reason staff who is in charge for billing issues isn't available.
    Looks like it was issue in this case as well.
    // AltusHost - European Web Hosting Provider
    // Dedicated Servers & Managed Hosting that your business can depend on.
    // Multiple Locations: Netherlands | Sweden | Bulgaria | Switzerland
    // Superior 24/7 Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Turelio View Post
    Well, calling their company "scam" is a bit hard word.
    You should allow more time for refund process, because most of the companies do not provide 24/7 Billing Department, Billing department doesn't work during weekends, or for some reason staff who is in charge for billing issues isn't available.
    Looks like it was issue in this case as well.
    I have to agree with you,personally I don't like calling people or companies "scam",although the OP in this case has some point. He posted here after he got a reply from them that they are not giving him a refund.
    Coming soon...

Yes, the OP is in the right here, regardless of wording. Luckily he posted here on WHT or he probably would have never gotten that type of service and resolution. Not really a great sign for that host in my opinion.
    Jay Weissman
    LeopardHost.com | Modern and affordable hosting solutions