Thread: Blurstorm

Blurstorm

HI All,

I am considering moving my sites to blurstorm.com and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them.

Do you use them and if so what has been your experience of them?

Does anyone have anything negative to say about them?

Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Take care, Keith

Try searching WHT http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php or try your luck on Google to search for reviews on them. Obviously you will most likely find one or two negative reviews (that is with any web hosting provider)

Do they offer a money back guarantee?
    Does their plans fit your needs?

If so, then go for it.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Hello Keith

Welcome to WHT, Never hear of them, however try googling about their domain.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Hi HostFrog,

I already did a search of this forum but nothing much came up

They do offer a money back guarantee but offering one and actually getting one are two different things.

Yes they do meet my needs.

I am just after some personal experiences of people who may have used them.

Research is everything in my book, hence my post

Take care, Keith

If you can't find anything on WHT nor anywhere else yet you're still considering them, then give it a shot.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Hello keith, and welcome to WHT! I remember hearing some not so good things about them here on WHT, are you sure you tried other possible search strings to find them?

Good Luck & Best Regards,

-Shaun-

HI Shaun,

I am not saying I did not find anything on them here, I did but not a lot

There were some bad and some good

Just looking for some more input.

Take care, Keith

Hi sTag-Dan,

Research is everything my friend.

It is not a case of give them a shot, I would not be doing myself or the people I work for any great service by just giving them a shot and hoping for the best.

I am considering them yes but I want all the info I cant get on them before making a decision.

Take care, Keith

If you don't mind that I ask you, why are you considering them over others if you don't hear much about them?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    If you don't mind that I ask you, why are you considering them over others if you don't hear much about them?
    Like I have said I am just researching them at the moment, trying to find out more about them and there service.

I have looked at others and I went through the same process with them.

I don't just go for someone just because they are cheap or offer great packages or because they have a flashy web site, I look at the whole package.

I just want to find out more about these people before any decision is made to see if they make it to the next stage, a short list if you like.

Take care, Keith

If everyone would think like that, wouldn't that mean absolutely no webhosting company (or many others throughout the world) would get off the ground? Pretty much all innovation and competition would be stifled.

Quote Originally Posted by WK-Anthony
    If everyone would think like that, wouldn't that mean absolutely no webhosting company (or many others throughout the world) would get off the ground? Pretty much all innovation and competition would be stifled.
    I don't want to hijack the thread, but I would choose a well know host instead of one that I never hear about it, also, I can't see anything special on their site that may call my attention on the packages even the design looks amateur.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I would choose a well know host instead of one that I never hear about it, also, I can't see anything special on their site that may call my attention on the packages even the design looks amateur.

How you, me or anyone else like or dislike how a site is designed, is subjective. It's a storefront, and how people feel about it, is up to them.

While I agree on the reputation aspect, if it weren't for consumers taking some amount of risk, not many companies would come off the ground. I've seen many small hosting companies, without reputations, bring innovation and competition to the industry, and only then do they get well-known. It's a catch-22...

How you, me or anyone else like or dislike how a site is designed, is subjective. It's a storefront, and how people feel about it, is up to them.
    I never said beautiful or ugly, I said, amateur.

While I agree on the reputation aspect, if it weren't for consumers taking some amount of risk, not many companies would come off the ground. I've seen many small hosting companies, without reputations, bring innovation and competition within the industry, and only then do they get well-known. It's a catch-22...
    Sure thing, but you usually try a new product when you find something special about it. And that's the reason of my question, never hear of them, I can't see anything special on their plans, plus their site looks amateur.
    But, of course, that's just me.

But, of course, that's just me.
    Well, there we go, that's what I wanted to hear

What's good for me, can be bad for you, and vice-versa. Same thing could be said about amateurish

Anyways, sorry about the thread hijacking..I hope the OP finds what he's looking for.

Keith, HostFrog is right. There are positive reviews and negative reviews with almost any host you choose. You have to find the one that is right for you. If there are any questions you may have you can email me at XLR8@blurstorm.com. If you have any doubts about what others think about Blurstorm then try going here and look for us near the top of the screen.

Thanks for your interest.
    XLR8
    www.blurstorm.com
    update: 12-5-2007
    www.ZowneD.com - The Ultimate Gaming Community

No worries guys, a good healthy discussion and points of view are always a good thing.

As I said I am only in the research stages at the moment so if anyone can recommend someone I will be happy to check them out.

Thanks for everyone's input so far.

Take care, Keith

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8
    Keith, HostFrog is right. There are positive reviews and negative reviews with almost any host you choose. You have to find the one that is right for you. If there are any questions you may have you can email me at XLR8@blurstorm.com. If you have any doubts about what others think about Blurstorm then try going here and look for us near the top of the screen.

Thanks for your interest.
    Hi XLR8,

We have already comunicated via email I believe.

Take care, Keith

Yes we have.
    XLR8
    www.blurstorm.com
    update: 12-5-2007
    www.ZowneD.com - The Ultimate Gaming Community

Keith,

I've happily been with Blurstorm for 3-4 months now.

I have a running review thread of sorts that you can find here