Thread: Support.

Question

How beginner reseller can manage to provide high quality support? I mean if you have money for providing 24/7 support, then you can buy server and sell space on your own server.

And is it so necessary phone support?

Maybe they dont want to deal with technical isssues
    http://dynastyhost.com -Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Plans
    Web Hosting Since 1999
    Toll Free 1-866-307-HOST

Quite a few hosts rely solely on email for support (even pair, at last look, with their 100K+ domains). And even though some smaller hosts don't give true 24/7 coverage, you can come pretty darn close, even with one or two people - if that one has pc access throughout most of the day, that is. Even some hosts who go to school during the day or evening can usually provide pretty good coverage, if they're small. Of course, once you reach a certain point, it only makes sense to get another body in on the support angle. If you're lucky enough, you might be able to find someone in a different timezone to cover your sleep (sleep? what's that?) time.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.

First, many people are satisfied with 24 hour support which really isn't that difficult to provide (24 hour meaning replies within 24 hours). This may not be true of many of the people on this board, but surely for the general hosting population at large.

Phone support isn't needed IMHO, and although it is nice, if you can't provide it, don't offer it. Getting a machine doesn't make people happy. In fact, I think it annoys them more.

Instant gratification is always nice, but if you can't do it, you can do it. You might gravitate towards better support when more money is coming in, or partner up with someone in a different time zone (that brings other ugly issues into the picture though).
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

LOL I love your sig. chicken..

you should put "chicken's soup for a host's soul"

http://dynastyhost.com -Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Plans
    Web Hosting Since 1999
    Toll Free 1-866-307-HOST

I think I've changed the sig about 60 times in the last two days... this one I'm gonna keep for a bit
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

chicken run

Have you guys seen Chicken Run the movie??? If so you may have seen the machine they used to make Chicken Pot Pies.
    Im building one as I type this, ANY QUESTIONS CHICKEN?

JJK, I like the sig too
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST