Post Wordpress Theme Development

I have a design and an HTML file. How can I convert it to be a wordpress theme? I am a newbie with wordpress

any help will do

If you do not have any HTML/CSS knowledge this will be very difficult to be quite honest unless the design you want to port over is extremely simple. There are plenty of guides out there on how to design a wordpress theme but it will require a lot of patience. If you simply want to port your design over, try perhaps hiring a freelancer to help you do the job, it should be simple and not cost much if the design is not too complex itself.

Good luck.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Find a programmer who can convert it into a Wordpress theme (for example here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103) or find a tutorial on how to do it and you can try to do it yourself.

How to convert file into a Wordpress theme

Only a programmer can convert it into a Wordpress theme. My personal suggestion is not to do the task by yourself otherwise you will lose some important data.

you can search youtube for great lessons for wp. there are quality video there.

All the best
    Pramod

Quote Originally Posted by phpforum View Post
    I have a design and an HTML file. How can I convert it to be a wordpress theme? I am a newbie with wordpress

any help will do
    html to wordpress required strong knowledge of css and php + wordpress basic code follow like functions files etc..

This kinda things required time to learn and then implement good luck.
    Build your dream otherwise someone will hire you to build their dreams.

I would try find an existing theme that looks similar to your design and use that as a starting point.

There are some great YouTube videos out there if you search on this.

Creating a Wordpress template from an HTML file can be a daunting task, even for experienced developers. If you do not want to hire someone to convert the site for you, check out some of the readily-available YouTube tutorials. Many of them do a great job of explaining the basics. Another option would be to copy the default theme folder and modify that to your liking. It's a great way to learn the workings of Wordpress's template system, and you should be able to convert your file once you're more familiar with that system.
    Hostabilities | Affordable Shared Hosting
    Domain Names
    Superb Customer Support

As others have said, it can be done, but it can be tricky. Depends on how complex your original template is. You don't have to be super proficient in PHP (but it helps), but you do need to know the basics of what each WordPress PHP call is doing. You DO need to be proficient in HTML/CSS to make it all work out.

You can either look for tutorials on how to do it or hire someone to do it for you.

There are some great tutorials out there and also, just another thought, you might also want to start out with a blank WordPress theme and integrate your design with it.

Good luck!
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Hi all. You may create a WordPress website, install a simple themе , and change your WordPress files.

Find a programmer or a software where you can convert this....