Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question How important are backlinks?

How important are backlinks?

I find them to be VERY important especially if they are used correctly. To correctly use backlinks, IMO they need to be targeted and from high traffic / high PR websites.

Doing this will give you a steady flow of targeted quality traffic. This will help lower your bounce rate greatly, and increase pageviews, sales, and overall income.
    We Bring Good Things to Life!
    www.pctank.co.uk
    - Web Design - Search Engine Optimization - Graphic Design -

Question and answer in the same post?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Looks like a very short tutorial or some kind, so moved to a better fitting forum.

But i want to know your reviews after you guys have listned to mine
    We Bring Good Things to Life!
    www.pctank.co.uk
    - Web Design - Search Engine Optimization - Graphic Design -

My opinion is pretty similar to yours.

I don't go for the bulk approach, but rather try to focus on a handful of quality links. Submitting to some weird directories bores me!
    Selling: W3BSPACE.com domain - please get in touch (see profile) to make offers!

This is very important if you want to have a good or high ranking on different search engine. But you must have a good content for them to visit your site again that's the most important

Back links gives you ranking on major search engine and also give pagerank to your website. it mean i give you two profits by doing same thing.

Traffic links are not the same as your everyday, run of the mill, common, garden back links which are needed to improve your serp's. And when one is taking about quality links a quality back link is not necessarily a quality traffic link. Building links for the search engines is easy. Simply take every opportunity you can get and fine tune the results by submitting deep links and targeted anchor text to blogs and directories that are not gong to fall over or get devalued by Google.

Backlinks are important, but if Correct Anchors are used these backlinks become much more important.

Anchor Texts should be varied to give some variety to the search engine spiders.

Not all backlinks should come to the home page. Some of them should go to important internal pages as well.

Backlinks should be developed in a paced and regular manner. Sudden backlink jump may ring negative bells for the search engines.

Make sure "nofollow" is NOT used.
    Logo Design Team - Custom Logo Design for an affordable $149 Only.

Holiday Logo Design - Don't envy Google and its fun logos! Now, have your own set of exclusive holiday logos.

You have to know how to use them, but for the most part your site won't go anywhere in the search engines without proper incoming links.

It's not just a matter of having backlinks, there is so much to learn about this, it's incredible how delicate you have to be, so do your research first but yes, it is a definite route you will want to take with your website.

Backlinks and content are vital for SEO. If you want to rank on the search engines you need quality, keyword rich content that is backed with relevant, one-way links

What is quality? What is relevant? Were do you find them? How much do pay to get your ste reviewed? What is reasonable? What is not? Key word rich is just anchor text so thats the easy one.

Relevant backlinks and keyord rich, fresh content is what will get you top SERP

Yes, Google looks for the backlinks to decide the importance of your site. The more links your site get, the higher it will be.

I agree with what you have to say. With no backlinks there's no traffic. I think backlinks are the most important thing when it comes to making money from your site.

Directory links rarely work anymore. Google has become smarter and smarter. The only way to stay ahead of time and possibly make your site to promote itself and the only way that will not be out-fashioned in future is to provide good content, consistently.

You don't know what you talking about. Any idiot can get a blank page to rank. Content might very well add value to everything else you do but its not really needed. Who have you been speaking to?

Interesting topic. What's the best way to go about getting backlinks from important sites?

Backlinks (or back-links (UK)) are incoming links to a website or web page. In the search engine optimization (SEO) world, the number of backlinks is one indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page (though other measures, such as PageRank, are likely to be more important). Outside of SEO, the backlinks of a webpage may be of significant personal, cultural or semantic interest: they indicate who is paying attention to that page.

Today search engine optimization greatly depends on quality of inbound links to increase your serp rank and ultimately increase affiliate or ppc adsense.

In basic link terminology, a backlink is any link received by a web node (web page, directory, website, or top level domain) from another web node. Backlinks are also known as incoming links, inbound links, inlinks, and inward links.

Backlinks from authoritative sites on a given topic are highly valuable. If both sites have content geared toward the keyword topic, the backlink is considered relevant and believed to be have strong influence on the search engine rankings of the webpage granted the backlink. A backlink represents a favorable 'editorial vote' for the receiving webpage from another granting webpage. Another important factor is the anchor text of the backlink. Anchor text is the descriptive labeling of the hyperlink as it appears on a webpage. Search engine bots (i.e., spiders, crawlers, etc.) examine the anchor text to evaluate how relevant it is to the content on a webpage. Anchor text and webpage content congruency are highly weighted in search engine results page (SERP) rankings of your webpage with respect to any given keyword query by a search engine user.

you can also refer this url
    http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=1151743

Thanks for the information. Can I ask how to make inbound links? Is Backlinks and Inbound links the same?

One and the same

Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    One and the same
    Thanks for your urgent respones. Hmmm... You know how to make inbound links?

Check out the thread SEO Workshop. All you need to know in there.

You can use http://www.freeprchecker.com to check total backlinks for your web site.
    In2net Network Inc. ( www.in2net.com ) : Providing Service Since 1996!
    Quick Sales Response - info@in2net.com
    Virtual Private Servers : VPS Hosting - Ask us about our Managed Hosting services, too!
    30-Day MoneyBack Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by yangyang2036 View Post
    Directory links rarely work anymore. Google has become smarter and smarter. The only way to stay ahead of time and possibly make your site to promote itself and the only way that will not be out-fashioned in future is to provide good content, consistently.
    I 100% agree with this. They have just been spammed and about 70% of them will be just linkfarms in googles eyes. Using digg can have more effect than 100 directories.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast