Exclamation Attn Enom Resellers!

Give me your urls, tell me your experiences.

One problem I have that makes me very wary of going ahead with them is that, for some reason, I can not access their site very well from here (Sydney using bigpond.net). Site is either unreachable, or just increadibly slow or times out - don't know why but this is always the case (this has been so for months for me).

Especially interested in hearing from anyone using their API with the CC billing option (forget what they call the package) - you know, the one where they handle the CC billing (their rates are cheap too, if you compare to other third party providers such as revecom.com!).

I want to use an API because I want the domain reselling to tie seamlessly with with the rest of my site (its in my profile).

But like I said, my biggest problem is that for some reason, I have big problems accessing the site from Sydney - and that makes me weary. You want your domain name provider to be on a damned good network (hmm, will go and do a traceroute now)...

Yeah, they are slow here too. I have a love/hate enom feeling. If I could find something comparable I'd choose it.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Funny how bad news start pouring in once it's too late for ya! I just signed up with eNom today..

nah, it's fine - I have loaded enom.com and played around with it on atleast 10 occasions today, and I am from Sydney too.

I think bigpond is having one of its usual downtimes - check www.whirlpool.net.au - I believe the entire Aussie bigpond network had died ..

So that could be that ..

I didn't even notice any slowdowns either today, could be that Chicken is having a bad connection too

Oh well, more good news .. I just found out they can't host name servers that end in com.au. @$%$U What am I gonna do??!? *cries*

sssllllloooowwwww............

I connect from Sydney, among other places, and yes the enom site is often slow.

This is likely because of..

1. they have a complex and heavy site which has many features that are often created quickly and using that dreadful .asp, it is slow as a wet week.

2. they run a T-1 directly to their offices which gets overwhelmed sometimes when it's busy.

The DNS servers are quite seperate and they have several placed around the globe. I have never had any problem regarding any domains in their DNS being unreachable for that reason, it's only their web site and data base access.

After a while this can get annoying but now I don't stress, I just try again an hour later and mostly it's fine.

Bigpond also sux, aDSL or not.. I have multiple connections from Sydney and frankly the most *reliable* is an old ISDN line I still use followed by, believe it or not, a 56k dial up through ozemail.

So to avoid a whinge session about ISP's and networks...

----------
    papillon.. enom can certainly allow domains to have .com.au as name servers.. they just aren't able to register the name servers. You need to go to your Aussie registrar to do that, as is normal.

Cheers..

I have an account with dotregistar.com and enom.com.
    Never had a problem loggin in or getting enoms site to load(same with dotregistar)

Enom seems excellent so far, their transfers are ultra quick. I will only use enom for transfers especially transfers from netsol

OK then - well I am officially in the market looking to become a sub-reseller under a reseller. If you look at my site in my profile you will see that my site is perfect for domain reselling. I also emailed enom as per felix220's suggestion.

I can't outlay for a large bulk pre-purchase because I am constrained by there being another party with financial interest and the arrangements we currently have about expenditure, etc. But the relationship terminates soon (hehehe ). That and I also have a very bad cash flow month coming up this month and next

Cheers

OK then - well I am officially in the market looking to become a sub-reseller under a reseller.
    How can you do that with enom?

You can give each sub reseller their own enom's "registry rocket" and you could keep track of their sales.

Thumbs up Happy with enom, couple hundred names

I buy and sell dot coms each and every day, and yes enom may take a second to load, but the security behind it is worth it. If your having complete problems loading, it is because their security features and also the design of thier site.

I sell an average of 10 names per week, and to be able to do over 300 instant, perfect, transfers through enom over the internet makes everything simple.

Between enom.com and CrazyHostGuy.com hosting, our sales were in excess over 600 names in 2001. I buy names on a daily basis, and most times if I buy the name at 7amand want it live by noon, I order the account through CrazyHostGuy and the name is live typed in by domain name capable with a sales page within hours.

Enom has an extremly fast propogation system to it. You can change dns, and if a hosting account is already propogated to the name, the dns change at enom will put the site live instantly.

<edit>

You can't beat either of these two companies when your in the business I'm in. Domain Names make the internet what it is, these guys just add to the security and function of them.

Besides, we hold over 500 top 10 placements for our names, and a site that is there each and every time a spider hits it, is what keeps us in those top spots. We do not take a chance on our hosting, I have personally been with CrazyGuy hosting for almost a year, and they have shown be the best in response time and account setup time.

I have floated through hosting companies and registrars building my company to what it is today, my final stops are both what I have found to be the best in each. Enom.com has it, if you can't get them, sorry, but they are it when it comes to a registrar. As for hosting, I love where I am at, and if you read through this entire post, I think you would take a look at what you may be missing out on.

Any questions, feel free to email me, I am around more times than I'm not.

Dana
    sales@topsellingnames.com
    Last edited by Chicken; 01-07-2002 at 12:51 AM.