another thrilling nordicvps story

First post, go figure, never actually felt the need to register to give my two cents about a provider until now. I signed up with nordicvps about a week ago. Three days later I was contacted threw email by a member of their support team, "Sean" to be exact. The email stated that they no longer accepted orders in their chicago d.c. however the box was online and I was actively using it. With the box only costing $5/month I wasn't upset and replied to the email accepting the change, just asking for time to transfer my most current work. Go figure, box goes offline with no reply from support, and before I'm able to even log in. It's been a few days now and my attempts at reaching a support member have thus failed, which seems to be a common pattern on here. To prevent from writing a short story, whenever someone suggest a provider, do your homework, and steer clear of this company. Yes $5/month is a great bargain, but is it really worth the headache. Customers drive business, shouldnt be the other way around.

What kind of business is this?

Leaving and getting customers when you want?
    You are their customers does not matter you pay $5 or $500, they must care for your data and every thing.

Sorry to hear about your experience and hopefully you didn't have anything to valuable lost.

Quote Originally Posted by PogiWeb View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experience and hopefully you didn't have anything to valuable lost.
    I hope to but its their duty to take care for their data, and if its some thing very important then who will care for this?

Sorry for your poor experience with them, I hope next time they will accept customers/orders that are advertised on their site.

That guy likes to spam his clients/former clients. I still receive mail from him when I am no longer a client and there is no unsubscribe link from his poor announcements.
    How can you factor in VAT when comparing since you are subject to VAT on everything? Obviously purchases made outside the EU are not going to be collected with VAT, but are you not still responsible to pay it on your own? - Tim Flavin from "Hostigation.com"

Sorry to hear that you got into these troubles. I hope they will reply and let you get your work.

Yet another hosting company gives the hosting trade a bad name. I guess they are right when they say, if an offer is too good to be true, it aint true.

<snipped>

Quote Originally Posted by theguywhoknowstheguy View Post
    First post, go figure, never actually felt the need to register to give my two cents about a provider until now. I signed up with nordicvps about a week ago. Three days later I was contacted threw email by a member of their support team, "Sean" to be exact. The email stated that they no longer accepted orders in their chicago d.c. however the box was online and I was actively using it. With the box only costing $5/month I wasn't upset and replied to the email accepting the change, just asking for time to transfer my most current work. Go figure, box goes offline with no reply from support, and before I'm able to even log in. It's been a few days now and my attempts at reaching a support member have thus failed, which seems to be a common pattern on here. To prevent from writing a short story, whenever someone suggest a provider, do your homework, and steer clear of this company. Yes $5/month is a great bargain, but is it really worth the headache. Customers drive business, shouldnt be the other way around.
    Hello

Please supply your ticket number(s)?

And please provide your VPS IP as well.
    Last edited by HUGOBLUE; 03-19-2011 at 06:53 AM.
    Fast & Reliable Unmanaged VPS w/SolusVM ★★ Sandy Bridge E3-1270 @ 3.40Ghz pr Core
    OpenVZ | XEN | KVM | VPS Reseller Hosting Program | Semi-managed VPS
    Manchester, UK | Fremont, US | Falkenstein, DE | Native IPv6 | OpenVZ w/VSwap | TUN/PPTP Enabled
    www.nordicvps.com/wht

Quote Originally Posted by HUGOBLUE View Post
    Hello

I'll wait for HugoBlue side of story before commenting
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanel®
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

Hello

And please provide your VPS IP as well.
    Sure, though wouldn't it be a good idea to just reply to every support ticket you receive, versus the ones that make their experience public by posting on this forum. Just a thought.

Sure, though wouldn't it be a good idea to just reply to every support ticket you receive, versus the ones that make their experience public by posting on this forum. Just a thought.
    I still have not received any ticket number or IP so we can verify your case and that your are a customer
    Fast & Reliable Unmanaged VPS w/SolusVM ★★ Sandy Bridge E3-1270 @ 3.40Ghz pr Core
    OpenVZ | XEN | KVM | VPS Reseller Hosting Program | Semi-managed VPS
    Manchester, UK | Fremont, US | Falkenstein, DE | Native IPv6 | OpenVZ w/VSwap | TUN/PPTP Enabled
    www.nordicvps.com/wht

I still have not received any ticket number or IP so we can verify your case and that your are a customer
    To: **** <****@*****.com>
    Sent: Wed, March 16, 2011 8:26:22 AM
    Subject: [Ticket ID: 952070] Regarding your order

Hello

We no longer accept orders in Chicago, can we transfer/create your VPS in California or do you want a refund?

Best regards
    Sean
    Wed, March 16, 2011 11:17:51 AMRe: [Ticket ID: 952070] Regarding your order
    To: NordicVPS.com Sales <sales@nordicvps.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you create it, and give me 24hours to setup on the new vps before you close the current one? thanks.
    vps
    To: support@nordicvps.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

account is offline, received an email asking if I wanted to switch to the dc in ca, however havent received a response from nordicvps since I replied, now the vps is offline, please fill me in on whats going on.

Package: OVZ512-CHICAGO

Main IP: 216.38.1.195

I wouldn't consider myself a customer, i believe you treat them a bit better, anyhow due to me being unable to send private messages because of my post count, and your inability to check emails, I just decided to paste the entire ordeal. Believe me now?

I wouldn't consider myself a customer, i believe you treat them a bit better, anyhow due to me being unable to send private messages because of my post count, and your inability to check emails, I just decided to paste the entire ordeal. Believe me now?
    The support terminated the VPS in response to massive SPAM abuse reports. Normally we suspend a server and get in touch with the customer -- in your case, your VPS was provided a "bad" IP, from a previous customer.

I am sorry for the loss of any data but the support reacted fast on this case since we received a large amount of abuse reports in short time.

We will get in touch with you shortly over the ticket system.

Please note that I fail to find your response to the tickets in the ticket system or the logs. We never received your response/tickets.
    Last edited by HUGOBLUE; 03-19-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Hmm.. I recommend finding another provider, Best wishes!

The support terminated the VPS in response to massive SPAM abuse reports. Normally we suspend a server and get in touch with the customer -- in your case, your VPS was provided a "bad" IP, from a previous customer.

I am sorry for the loss of any data but the support reacted fast on this case since we received a large amount of abuse reports in short time.

We will get in touch with you shortly over the ticket system.

Please note that I fail to find your response to the tickets in the ticket system or the logs. We never received your response/tickets.
    Personally, I don't think that is right. Spam reports or not, there was no reason to terminate the VPS. It could be taken offline until the issue is dealt with, but there was no reason to delete all of the data.

Just my 2c.

- Daniel

That's impossible! Your support never react fast. Infact it's miracle when react at all. Find some better excuse next time... as this excuse don't suit to your reputation.

still no communication from nordicvps via ticket system or email, decided to just move on.