Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SEO Software, opinions?

Has anyone got any experience with software packages that help you improve your websites SEO? Were looking at improve the SEO on our E-Commerce website at work. At the moment were not the first result on Google for our target key words but are near the top, and have managed to get up to second for a couple of key words over the last couple of months for some of the key words. However there is one site that beats us all the time.

Anyway i have been looking at some software packages that help you improve your websites SEO.

Traffic Travis is the one we like the look of at the moment, it does appear to be quite a good package from what i have seen.

http://www.traffictravis.com/ - $97 for a full licence.

I have seen a few other packages too when looking for alternatives.

I Business Promoter appears to be a popular package, however is 200 Euros for a standard licence

http://www.ibusinesspromoter.com

Web CEO appears very expensive at $50 a month for a web based version, or $500 for a desktop version.

http://www.webceo.com/

As we are a small business we cant afford to be spending £1000's on SEO at the moment, however have identified areas we know we can improve in.

Has anyone had any experiences with the above packages, or maybe another we have not looked at.

Any input would be great.

Cheers.

Traffic Travis used to be good. When they went to the 4.0 version I stopped using it as too many things changed
    IBP - stay away. For the price, it's just not worth it. Lots of info, and will generate a 72 page report for your keyword on ONE page - but really, who has the time to read through 72 pages for a single keyword. It's so much information, it's overkill
    webceo I used to use and like. I still have a version that I play with from time to time.

Others that I recommend are -
    MarketSamauri - not as good as they used to be, but great for niche information
    link-assistant - website auditor & ranktracker and the rest of the collection of tools is nice.
    seomoz - Site Explorer can be a wealth of information
    raventools - great for reports, research and monitoring
    xenu - verify all the links in your site work

There's a handful of others that I've used and use currently, but the link-assistant is probably the best money investment that one can make based on the tools you get.

Hi,

Site explorer majesticseo.com is also good and there are lots of free features available with them.

After doing some reading on SEO, I found out that the best SEO tools are keyword tools. One of the most popular is WordTracker.com (which is pretty pricey) and I went with KeywordEye.co.uk which is alot more cheaper and does pretty much the same things as WordTracker. I also found another tool called "WordPress Automatic" which seems to help with content and links by automatically pulling articles off article directories.

Thanks for the oppositions guys, i have looked at a fair few of them.

link-assistant looks pretty good, the collection of tools they offer looks really useful, and not bad at all for the price.

Might go with them.

Thanks a lot.

In my 13 years of doing SEO, I have never used any sort of tool to help my websites and clients sites with SEO. Knowledge is power. Gaining that knowledge is way more important than any tool. Get an understanding of whats required and run with it.

Just don't believe everything you read out there. Test, test, test and test again. Trial and error. Refine. Patience. Refine again. What is inside your head will always be better than any tool, when it comes to SEO. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nuthin View Post
    In my 13 years of doing SEO, I have never used any sort of tool to help my websites and clients sites with SEO. Knowledge is power. Gaining that knowledge is way more important than any tool. Get an understanding of whats required and run with it.

Just don't believe everything you read out there. Test, test, test and test again. Trial and error. Refine. Patience. Refine again. What is inside your head will always be better than any tool, when it comes to SEO. :-)
    I agree , I think you should 1st set up your SEO plane that match your site better , may be you will find some features in the offered packages that can`t really help you.

I used ibusinesspromoter but free version. It is a good software. My website already was on first page so I did rest seo promotion manually.

Yes,tools can only help to make your analysis work easy but any software or tool can not help you to make quality link building or any seo work by itself.To do quality work you need to do it manually so I will recommend you to do seo work manually by analysing each website before placing links of your website on it.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneNutter View Post
    At the moment were not the first result on Google for our target key words but are near the top,
    ... However there is one site that beats us all the time.
    That being the case, it suggests that there is little (if anything) wrong with your site, but that your competitor is doing something
    better (but having said that, just because they are above you it does not necessarily mean that they are getting more traffic than you).
    I would spend some time looking at their site to see if there is anything to be learnt.

What these tools can do for you? I think not much but it can make more convinience to track your SEO campaign. Compare to there price, it's very overpriced IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by multiplecloud-zid View Post
    What these tools can do for you? I think not much but it can make more convinience to track your SEO campaign. Compare to there price, it's very overpriced IMO.
    I agree with you regarding the price, and have only ever tried free versions. When I first started and knew nothing, I did find them useful in pointing out some of the basics to me. However, on other things different softwares offer different advice and once I got to that stage, I asked my own questions about these things and came to my own conclusions.

We can't depend on software as on some we can't trust and it will be way to expensive as we cannot predict when will we get results.

I Do much of SEO work using tools not from softwares.

Also tools for link building is almost spam with bulk backlink which you should avoid nowadays.

In-fact its despond on your requirement that what kind of software you are asking. But Google did not like work on software.

In my opinion SEO software is not beneficial for website ranking and visitors. I only believe manually and naturally SEO.

I think SEO software refers to use black hat seo techniques. i don't like to prefer the SEO software, Manually work is better than automated. Because it is well known to us.

A lot of people seem to be making the assumption that using SEO software means automated link building, and this is not necessarily the case.
    In many cases the software can be used purely for research purposes.

Tedsmiths
    You are right their is no need to use any kind of seo software.
    Because its gives us improvement for some time these software are not for long time seo . And not judge as a white hat seo also.

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinclark View Post
    Tedsmiths
    You are right their is no need to use any kind of seo software.
    Because its gives us improvement for some time these software are not for long time seo . And not judge as a white hat seo also.
    What is the difference between using a tool and using software?
    Also please explain what is black hat about using something to help check for on-page errors, keyword research etc?

How do you do seo work without software?? Dont software help you a lot??

I have been using MarketSamurai for two years now and really help get traffic. It also improve my rank in search results. The beauty about this product is taht you can spot which page you would like to add your link

majesticseo.com
    raventools.com
    marketsamurai.com

However most good SEO's dont do much work with software these days especially since the recent google updates .

If one site beats you all the time, you need to find out why -- and beat them at their game! Tools for building seo I dont use, but I do use tools for finding out where I rank and how my competition does it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast