Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudstra View Post
    The clock sure is ticking and we sure are busy! We will be specializing in managed clouds so our pricing will reflect this. We certainly will not be the cheapest but will be running a rock solid setup.
    I dont mind it's costlier/cheap, provided getting a trial like Zurigo, so that I can try easily, add it as another provider we can suggest to our customers...!

Is there an easy solution / planning to have more than one IP per VM on cPanel ?

They told me to use a LB (that I'm not able to do, it's just say "Provisioning..." and run in circle), but as I understand, this LB will only LB one port (I would need at least 80 and 443...) and will only provide 1 more IP, so, I'll have to pay for 1 core and memory each time I want to have one more IP ?

Wondering why they do not allow to have more IP per VM. Many other OnApp provider does it.
    - nka

Quote Originally Posted by excessnet View Post
    Is there an easy solution / planning to have more than one IP per VM on cPanel ?

They told me to use a LB (that I'm not able to do, it's just say "Provisioning..." and run in circle), but as I understand, this LB will only LB one port (I would need at least 80 and 443...) and will only provide 1 more IP, so, I'll have to pay for 1 core and memory each time I want to have one more IP ?

Wondering why they do not allow to have more IP per VM. Many other OnApp provider does it.
    cPanel and load balancing DO NOT go together.
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support • Enterprise Grade Hardware • Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.

You know, we might not consider the # of DC's as a requirement for the cloud. But I bet soon you will see some cloud providers claiming their cloud is better because is spans across multiple locations.

There really isnt a definitive answer to what constitutes a cloud, but to me it would include no single point of failure, singe a single DC is a single pint of failure, is it really a cloud?

Quote Originally Posted by EndServer View Post
    yeah... I know...

I'm really sad, Zunicore was the only good provider in Canada I found yet!
    - nka

I have setup two LVS load balancing with 4 cpanel real servers for a customer. It is working fine for over 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by garconcn View Post
    I have setup two LVS load balancing with 4 cpanel real servers for a customer. It is working fine for over 6 months.
    I had a conversation with Ditlev (CEO of OnApp) who told me that it would not work...

I had a conversation with Ditlev (CEO of OnApp) who told me that it would not work...
    How long ago was this conversation?
    Cloudstra - Join the cloud revolution!
    Provider of SSD powered Clouds! Visit our Facebook page for discounts!
    Full redundancy | Auto-failover | Enterprise Hardware | Instant scalability
    8 Cloud locations: Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Sydney & Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    you sir, have no idea what you are talking about
    boy do I need to agree with Ditlev

# of datacenters has no play in this what so ever....

onapp does not allow you to seamlessly replicate and failover across multiple datacenters - nor does anything else out of the box. If you want to replicate and failover across clouds, you need to build applications and integration layers to accommodate..

I havent tested zunicore, but, peer1 has been a good colo partner for us.. its a strange company though offering colo and offering managed hosting and now cloud hosting - they are competing with their customers, which is unusual... they are also a bit behind on virtualization, just launching these sorts of solutions now..

having said all of this, many companies have built their own management layers to manage their clouds. Options like openstack and cloudstack are also prominent out there.. onapp is quite nice as well - we test drove it lately...

Ditlev - if you could get more hypervisor neutral, we would consider your solution as well...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudstra View Post
    How long ago was this conversation?
    Within the past seven days.

well, you can make cPanel web/https work behind a LB, but you wont be able to use the rest (login, etc...).

You can only have one cPanel as master server and the rest will only serv for web content, no configurations.

btw, would be much more easier if Zunicore had the option for more than one IP per servers like other providers do.
    - nka

Quote Originally Posted by excessnet View Post
    You can only have one cPanel as master server and the rest will only serv for web content, no configurations.
    When I tested their cloud offering a month/two back, Zunicore doesn't even have an image with cPanel. Not sure about now..!

Also, I would agree with the other user that if a cloud provider doesn't have more than 1 data center location, it's not a cloud at all. Diltev might suggest as his product OnApp doesn't support it.

Quote Originally Posted by bhuvabhuvi View Post
    When I tested their cloud offering a month/two back, Zunicore doesn't even have an image with cPanel. Not sure about now..!

Also, I would agree with the other user that if a cloud provider doesn't have more than 1 data center location, it's not a cloud at all. Diltev might suggest as his product OnApp doesn't support it.
    You can easily deploy OnApp clouds across several DC's - that is not the point. It's just the usual "what is a cloud" discussion that is a bit silly and pointless.

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

We have onapp clouds in 5 locations, each location is a cloud in it's own right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123