Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Burstnet review - Burstnet / nocster experience

I used Burstnet dedicated service for more than 2 months & would like to post a review here:

Initially I ordered a server before two months from Burstnet, Burstnet (Nocster) took more than a week to setup. After waiting for a week I got the server. Never received remote reboot port , though they billed me for it every month.

Initially it was working fine. After 7 days approx , my server was inaccessible , I added a support ticket to reboots & got reply that my server was suspended due to lack of reply of the abuse warnings they sent me , while I had got an abuse alert before a day informing me about spam mails somebody sent from a vps, I had already replied to the alert that I suspended the vps of spam mail user & had also got email from Burst saying: " Thank you for taking the time to contact the BurstNET Abuse Dept.
    BurstNET in no way condones any spam related........"

it was confirmed that they had received my reply for abuse alert. I informed them this in ticket, they replied they did not receive any reply from me. I provided them email headers & it was clearly showing that the mail was delivered to burst, later they said that the mail was delivered but was not reached to their support desk & they reactivated my server. There was 5 - 6 hrs down time , while there was no fault from me.

See the screen shots below:

http://i26.tinypic.com/apgsxg.jpg
    http://i28.tinypic.com/280rrbc.jpg
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2zswbbr.jpg
    http://i27.tinypic.com/34o96w9.jpg
    http://i27.tinypic.com/jkym38.jpg
    http://i28.tinypic.com/2nibaf5.jpg
    http://i25.tinypic.com/292nvkl.jpg
    http://i29.tinypic.com/2rh62yp.jpg
    http://i26.tinypic.com/2dq8tz.jpg
    http://i27.tinypic.com/2rmskdy.jpg

after some days my server was down again.. I added support ticket & got replied that the server was suspended due to lack of reply to the abuse alert they send me, while I had not got any abuse alert from them, I asked them for email headers & they said that from the email logs it seems that yahoo rejected our email & the alerts were bounced & you did not receive it. Again they reactivated the server but there was 9 hrs down time without any fault from me. I requested them to contact me through any other communication method for any abuse alert , even I provided them login of my server & requested them to suspend any account from the server if there is any abuse issue & if they did not get reply from me for any reason but it didn't work.

After some days my server was again suspended & I had no alert from them , I added a ticket as usual & got reply the server was suspended, The details of the abuse issue they had provided me was already resolved before some days & they suspended the server for already resolved issue, I provided them the old issue ticket no & the server was online again. This was going constant & I was getting lose in business, I added support ticket to customer cared dept. about the problem with abuse dept., but did not get any solution

http://i27.tinypic.com/bij8tt.jpg
    http://i30.tinypic.com/4rxf0n.jpg

it is clear their abuse dept. was not working properly, sometime they were saying they did not receive reply from me & sometime they were saying the email they sent me were bounced / rejected & I did not get it & one more time the server was suspended for already resolved issue due to lack of communication between their abuse dept. technicians.

Finally , my server got suspended before 5 - 6 days , I had not received any email from them , they said the email could be bounced but its not our problem when you are not getting our abuse alerts & asked me to pay $50 reactivation fees , this is totally unfair as I did not received email from them about abuse & they suspended the server & also I already requested them to contact me through any other communication medium if they do not receive reply from me or even I told them they are free to suspend the abuse account directly instead of suspending whole server.

One more strange thing is that I was getting all other emails from Busrtnet except abuse. This seems strange & fraud to me . I believe that Burstnet was not able to provide unmetered server with the cheap prices they have. Hence, my server was getting suspended each & every day. Any good data center will not do such with their clients. I have seen may DC they call urgently their client for any issue if they are not able to contact through email but seems Burstnet people were just wanting some reasons to suspend my server.

Also except the abuse issue there were lot frequent down time & many time the ping was showing packet loss. support tickets takes long time to respond & network is not so reliable. Servers takes 10 days approx to setup.

Burstnet is fraud company who cheats their clients with cheap prices dedicated servers. I suggest you to stay away from this fraud / scammers.

ANother two victims:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...9&postcount=40
    http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/s...5&postcount=12
      0 Not allowed!

The words pot kettle and black come to mind.
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com
      0 Not allowed!

We've had nothing but amazing support and a (reasonably) good network from BurstNET, they're upgrading their DC a lot at the moment, with new power systems, new switches and new fibres, this *might* explain the slow support.
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!
      0 Not allowed!

Wink

Looks like you need a admin to managed your server you clearly don't know how to stop the spam abuse.

Burstnet is a good dc nothing but good things there
      0 Not allowed!

burst is alot of things but I doubt that they would suspend your account without a good reason. It's clear from your message that you accept that someone that had a VPS with you has been seending out USCE...and that there definitely were multiple complaints.So i'm not surprised that they suspended you due to the spam complaints coming in etc.

Obviously the issue is whether you got the abuse notices or not...but after the first time wouldnt you have conducted an audit on all of your user accounts.

Its sounds to me that there really isnt any fraud going on but more than likely a communication breakdown between you and burstnet and also maybe a bit of lack of knowledge on your behalf on how to monitor for client abuse etc.

Maybe a fully managed service would be better for you.

Anyway, my experience with burst has been fair and i dount they would screw you out of their network.
      0 Not allowed!

They arent fraud, as far as I know and have used them.
      0 Not allowed!

Please see other threads about this individual for full details, including this one:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=690156
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors
      0 Not allowed!

Have you given any thought as to why you have so many customers that are abusing your server? What actions did you take to deal with the repeated abuse (and suspending accounts is not enough)?

I'm not saying that Burst didn't do anything wrong (I just don't know if they did) but you really have to take a look at your actions (or lack of) and ask yourself why anyone would want you as a customer? It's your responsibility to properly secure and manage your server and if you can't do so I have no problem with Burst suspending your account.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    Have you given any thought as to why you have so many customers that are abusing your server? What actions did you take to deal with the repeated abuse (and suspending accounts is not enough)?

I'm not saying that Burst didn't do anything wrong (I just don't know if they did) but you really have to take a look at your actions (or lack of) and ask yourself why anyone would want you as a customer? It's your responsibility to properly secure and manage your server and if you can't do so I have no problem with Burst suspending your account.
    One thing you will learn, especially about the people that complain, will never take the blame themselves. It's always someone else's problem.

0 Not allowed!

Why didn't you change ur e-mail address in first one?
    From Hell to Heaven..
      0 Not allowed!

I am not blaming Burstnet but the issue here is they suspended the server every time with out informing me or by misunderstanding once when the issue was already resolved.

They send me apology through email today but I have lost my servers & business.

Hello.

I am very sorry for all of the inconvenience. It seems this was an unfortunate set of circumstances.

When the issue came up in March, your ticket was deleted from our system (in error). Therefore, your response was not recorded and the situation was treated as an issue with no reply.

Last week, it seems you were the victim of human error. We are working to address what happened, so this does not occur again.

Please note that (except in emergency situations such as phishing cases) we do give 24 hours to the client. The issues here prevented the proper parties from seeing your responses.

Again, we do apologize.

Abuse Department
    BurstNET Technologies, Inc.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-05-2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: replaced [code] with [quote] for easier viewing
      0 Not allowed!

think burstnet should compensate because they did stated it was due to human errors
      0 Not allowed!

<< think burstnet should compensate because they did stated it was due to human errors >>

This was just regarding an abuse suspension, and has nothing to do with the fact that the client canceled the server thereafter, and their end-users therefore did not have their data.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors
      0 Not allowed!

But I paid for the server & the server was suspended due to human errors, is this fair ?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mdshah View Post
    But I paid for the server & the server was suspended due to human errors, is this fair ?
    It's not fair if it was setup like that and you had yet to touch the box
    Jason
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mdshah View Post
    Fair? Don't know but if it was important you should have placed a call.

2 You should not have canceled the server before getting your data our finding the cause of the problem and researching a solution.

3 I saw some of your clients post and I can tell you something refund if the client is right our not refund if he did the abuse (But since you cancelled the server it's really impossible to find out who abused).

Next time lock down (Secure it) your server so you can track what customers perform the abuse.

I recomend PSM.
      0 Not allowed!

Me and The Stealthy One are still waiting for our refunds mdshah. How can you expect a refund when you won't even give us ours?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ericn View Post
    Me and The Stealthy One are still waiting for our refunds mdshah. How can you expect a refund when you won't even give us ours?
    I don't approve the way you two handle the refund "tatic".

For the looks he tried to get his biz up again, if you still wanted a refund I don't see why one cold not be given in a timely matter way.

But I don't know if there is a will for him to due this after the negatives threads/post.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BudWay View Post
    I don't approve the way you two handle the refund "tatic".

For the looks he tried to get his biz up again, if you still wanted a refund I don't see why one cold not be given in a timely matter way.

But I don't know if there is a will for him to due this after the negatives threads/post.
    I tried being civil with him and he just ignored me. After the other guy starting posting negative reviews about his host on other sites, he got angry with us and decided to not give us refunds at all. I had nothing to do with these reviews and yet he continues to act like I did.

Look, I see what mdshah is going through, but what I'm going through is bad too. My sites been down the longest its ever been down in 4 years and believe it or not, I'm losing money because of that. I feel like because of the way mdshah handled it, it's mainly his fault.

I can't get past the fact that he canceled the server before moving our data off of it. Yeah it's my fault for not having a more recent backup, but intentionally canceling the server is not something I would forgive (I could see if the hard disk failed or something).
      0 Not allowed!

First off, you can complain all you want if he didn't give you warning that the box was going off. If he gave you warning it's your own fault.

Have you ever thought he was going to get his stuff up then reply saying hey its back up ...?
    Jason
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by whmanaged View Post
    Have you ever thought he was going to get his stuff up then reply saying hey its back up ...?
    Absolutely, I thought he would get the server back online after the 3 days of being down.

And no, there was no warning when he canceling the server.
      0 Not allowed!

How long were you hosting with him? You can't get your money back if you were hosting longer then the "money back" terms.. PayPal will not get your money back if he can prove you were hosting longer with him then the "money back" terms
    Jason
      0 Not allowed!

How long were you hosting with him? You can't get your money back if you were hosting longer then the "money back" terms.. PayPal will not get your money back if he can prove you were hosting longer with him then the "money back" terms
    I was hosted a month and then paid for May the day the server went down.
      0 Not allowed!

Well the only real money you could get back is the money you just had paid for not the month you had the service but the month you paid and your not going to be getting.
    Jason
      0 Not allowed!

Well the only real money you could get back is the money you just had paid for not the month you had the service but the month you paid and your not going to be getting.
    All I was asking for was a refund on May.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast