Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My bad arvixe review, still not resolved.

I have an adult website in arvixe for more then 1 year.
    It's long but please read it carefully and help me. My english is not perfect but im sure you will understand. Here I start:

On 1st October they sent me e-mail about DMCA complaint. I was on tour so I couldn't see it. My site was blocked when I returned from tour. I asked them to unblock my site so i can delete that links from my site. After they open it, i logged in to my site and thats DMCA complaints were false. No links were there. All I see was "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you"
    They blocked me for 2 days for a FALSE complaint. Its ok. Everyone can make mistakes. They opened my site.

05 October. They sent another mail:
    Hello,

We have received further such complaints, see below. Please contact us within 24 hours specifying that you have resolved this, as the specified links are indeed active.
    Further such complaints? Really? 1st one was wrong!
    So I deleted 3 links which was not even hosted by me. It was still ok for me.

Now comes the baddess thing.
    12 October
    Sent another mail which is:

Hello,

We have again received complaints in regards to the URLs below. You need to find a steady way to keep this from occurring, as these complaints are coming from our datacenter, and they will take severe action, blocking the server's shared IP if such complaints continue. As such, any further complaints, and the site will need to be removed from our services. Please address this immediately.
    They put 14 sources with my site name, 14 individual filepost links. All 14 sources were same, "blabla.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=20731ccca0f045260a94bb1faca23d87&action=recent"

No other information was given. All sources were same url. When i clicked that url it went to my site. I couldnt find filepost links to delete. Right now im going to give you all ticket informations.
    Nevzat Senozdil: that is me
    Arvixe: Arvixe

here we go
    Nevzat Senozdil:
    Hello again,

I don't understand what to do. You want me to resolve this and sending me 14 links with sources. All sources are same. Please check them. They are same urls. Why showing it like 14?

What they want is me to delete that posts. But where is posts? I can't see them. What you are sending me is same page over and over again. Which has 100+ of posts inside.
    They are all hosted by FILEPOST.COM and uploaded by a user which is filepost.com user. Links are still alive and can't be deleted by me.

I would also like to know who is sending this complaints? Because i checked and downloaded that filepost links. They are all korean/chinese/japanese videos. As I said they are all hosted by filepost.com and more upload sites. Which is not controlled by me.

As I said above all i see is this links over and over again " blabla.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=20731ccca0f045260a94bb1faca23d87&action=recent "

What am I going to do in this page? Please click it and enter. Tell me what you see here? Lots of pages with lots of posts. No information of which videos are compaint. No information of company who is complaining.
    They want me to resolve this so it wont happen again. But they dont give me any information. Who is sending complaints. What to filter so it wont happen again. Here it continues.

Arvixe:
    Hello,

You need to isolate the offending filepost.com links being posted, and remove them. As this is a recurring issue you need to come up with better filtering as to the content that can be linked to, or the site needs to be removed from our services. These complaints are sent from the datacenter that your server is located at. As to the origin they are receiving the complaints from, we do not have that information.
    Nevzat Senozdil:
    You didn't answer my questions.

I need movie names, company names for filtering. Right now im only seeing links. Movie, picture or site name is not included. Only thing is the filepost links. But it doesn't says which video it is or which company it is. How am i going to filter and delete them?
    Arvixe:

We are giving the exact information provided by the datacenter, even after asking for any further clarification they may have. I apologize that it will be difficult for you, however, it is your own responsibility to keep infringing content off of your site in the first place.
    Nevzat Senozdil:
    In this page "blabla.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=20731ccca0f045260a94bb1faca23d87&action=recent "

This is only thing i see and the 14 links you send is not there. That is the problem. I need correct links & pages so I can delete them.

If i don't have more information about company details who is complaining, how am I going to stop further complains? I don't know what is wrong in my site, you are just saying me to delete and filter. But the main question is, what am I going to delete and filter? If your datacenter wants me to delete something and stop future complaints like this, I need to know what am i going to filter these.

I can search my site and find those FILEPOST.com links and delete them. But this will not help me to solve future problems.

Just think you are blabla.com owner. Someone is saying you delete "123.com/1.rar" and giving you wrong page, plus saying "if it happens again your site will be removed". How are you going to stop future DMCA complaints with such of low information?

My site has been running since 2004 and its my 1st time recieving complaints.

I can solve todays and yesterdays complaints by deleting them. But with this information I just can't make it not happening again. Cause I dont have any information to filter out. For example if i knew company which doesnt want their movies, pics in my forum. I could filter them out. Its not fair that your datacenter is not giving information and wants me to make something that is not going to happen again.
    Aftera all this I checked 14 filepost links they sent me using advanced search option in my forum and reply to them.
    Only link i can find in my site was 1st link which is "blabla.com/files/859398df/ "
    Other 13 links are FALSE. If you have pictures that showing my site containing that 13 links. Please do send me.
    I deleted that 1st link. You can check logs if you need.
    No answer... I was really angry and went to livechat 1 hours ago.
    Look at chatlog they are talking like robot:

Nevzat Senozdil: Lemme tell you something.
    Nevzat Senozdil: I really like arvixe and have no problems
    Nevzat Senozdil: but as you see datacenter wants me to delete complaining files
    Nevzat Senozdil: and wants me to not happen that again
    Nevzat Senozdil: but giving me no information about what to filter
    Nevzat Senozdil: so it wont happen again
    Nevzat Senozdil: plus false complaints
    Nevzat Senozdil: i have all proofs
    Nevzat Senozdil: anyway i want this to be resolved
    Nevzat Senozdil: im ready to cooperation and solve this
    Sandeep Krishnan: I understand
    Nevzat Senozdil: Nathan is keep saying me "infringing content"
    Nevzat Senozdil: but when i ask what is that content
    Nevzat Senozdil: he gives me no answers
    Nevzat Senozdil: but he wants me to delete them
    Nevzat Senozdil: but what are they?
    Nevzat Senozdil: its simple question with no answer
    Nevzat Senozdil: i understand him but it doesnt helps me
    Sandeep Krishnan: If we receive such complaints the content should be taken down
    Nevzat Senozdil: right now im going to tell you delete my domain name, but im not going to tell you which domain you are going to delete. and im going to say if you dont delete ill leave
    Nevzat Senozdil: what will you do?
    Sandeep Krishnan: The files that needs to be deleted are already mentioned in the ticket Nevzat. You just need to move them or delete them from the account so that we do not get more complaints regarding this
    Nevzat Senozdil: That files are not in my site
    Nevzat Senozdil: only 1 links was in my site
    Nevzat Senozdil: plus, blabla.com source is wrong. i found 1st filepost link in different URL
    Nevzat Senozdil: i checked that 14 links and found only 1 in my site. Main problem is not this
    Nevzat Senozdil: i need to solve future problems. thats what you want from me
    Nevzat Senozdil: how am i going to solve future problems?
    Nevzat Senozdil: http://blabla.com/index.php?PHPSESSI...&action=recent
    Nevzat Senozdil: this is not correct source
    Sandeep Krishnan: If the files are deleted you just need to update the ticket Nevzat. Ther wont be any issues
    Nevzat Senozdil: "You need to find a steady way to keep this from occurring, as these complaints are coming from our datacenter, and they will take severe action, blocking the server's shared IP if such complaints continue."
    Nevzat Senozdil: You still dont understand
    Nevzat Senozdil: if it happens again my site will be blocked
    Nevzat Senozdil: and you want me to find a steady way
    Nevzat Senozdil: how am i going to keep that complaints without knowing what to filter out
    Nevzat Senozdil: and you still dont understand
    Nevzat Senozdil: you are also saying "if the files are deleted." What im saying is "that files were not in my site"
    Sandeep Krishnan: If you believe that your account is being hacked and the files are automatically getting uploaded. Please make sure to follow the steps to make your account more secure
    Sandeep Krishnan: 1. Always update thirdparty softwares, script, plugin installations to the latest stable version. 2. Only use verified scripts, themes etc 3. Remove unused files, plugins etc. 4. Maintain strong passwords for all logins (cpanel, email accounts, database users, ftp etc). You can use a combination of alphabets, numbers and special characters for this, as I have done for your main cpanel login. Ensure that it is a long one and is rotated frequently. 5. Check and tighten the permissions of all your files and directories in your account.
    Nevzat Senozdil: My site is forum
    Nevzat Senozdil: nothing uploaded
    Nevzat Senozdil: files are uploaded to filepost.com
    Nevzat Senozdil: My site is not hosting anything
    Nevzat Senozdil: I dont think you read the ticket properly
    What a joke. Look at livechat... It's really annoying. Forgot to mention. That answers in live chat came after 15 minutes. Each time i ask. And answers are like automated... Waiting 15 minutes, asking lots of things. Still no answer...
    It's really long. Thanks for reading it. I need help on this. Willing to listen everything from all users.

Regards,
    Nevzat Senozdil.
    Last edited by DjProgressive; 10-15-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Editing quotes

So were all the links on filepost? Were ANY of the links on your site?

Courts have generally said that linking to copyrighted material does not in itself constitute infringement.

HOWEVER...

It is possible to create contributory infringement by linking.

Here's a very simple illustration of the difference:

#1) I post a movie on my site. I fill the site with details about how I made the movie and released it into the public domain. Any normal person looking at my site would come to the conclusion that I made the movie and that I released it into the public domain. You think "hey this is cool" and link to the movie on my site. A few weeks later, I get busted because that movie isn't really mine, it's a copyrighted work from someone else. You probably haven't infringed any copyright, because you had a reasonable belief that the material was public domain.

#2) I post a copy of the latest Hollywood blockbuster on my site. I fill the site with details about how I ripped it straight out of the theater. I literally say "this movie is illegal! this movie is pirated!". You link to the movie on my site. You've probably just committed contributory infringement, because any reasonable person would have arrived at the conclusion that the movie was infringing on someone else's rights.

So in your case, if the links were to content that was blatantly infringing, you may be guilty of contributory infringement, and the DMCA may be a valid complaint. If you run a forum or similar site, it's your job to police your content and keep things like this under control. It's not the host's job to tell you how to do this.

If we felt a complaint to be valid, we would do the same thing: we would pass it on exactly as-is to the customer. That's regardless of whether they list one url 14 times or 14 different URLs.

Were the links to infringing content?
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

Hello,

I've reviewed your ticket and even updated it.

However, since you made this issue public, I would politely ask that you find another hosting provider.

We are not interested in hosting, or even linking to pirated content (movies) from your domain: warezt***.com (removed for privacy reasons).

We will be more than happy to provide you will a full account backup, which is currently being generated and sent via your support ticket.

The content you are hosting and linking to in your forum is highly illegal in the United States, and as previously mentioned in the TOS/AUP not permitted.

If you have any further questions, feel free to update the ticket or email qa [at] arvixe.com.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Yes 14 links are filepost. But only 1 of them was in my site and i deleted it.
    My problem is they are saying me to solve it for future complaints.
    But when i ask them what company is this? No answer.
    So I can filter that company so my users will be not able to post it. Or I can watch it.

I just deleted that 1 link without looking at it. Who knows if it's a true DMCA? No information givin to me.

My main problem is not about DMCA. It's about them to not help me to solve and cooperate it together.

They want me to delete something. That is ok. But they dont tell me which company is this. They dont show me any copywrite copy. How will i know if its true complaint or not?

My problem here is mainly about their support. Who doesnt understands you and doesnt care about you. Please check livechat. Support read all the tickets. At the end of talk he/she said

If you believe that your account is being hacked and the files are automatically getting uploaded. Please make sure to follow the steps to make your account more secure
    You understand what I mean? Nothing is uploaded to my site. He/She knows that. But they can't answer or help me. So they do automated texts. Which is after 15 minutes... I was really having zero problems with them. But this situation... They are just like wants me to go and can't say it directly...

Quote Originally Posted by adam-arvixe View Post
    Hello,

I've reviewed your ticket and even updated it.

However, since you made this issue public, I would politely ask that you find another hosting provider.

We are not interested in hosting, or even linking to pirated content (movies) from your domain: warezt***.com (removed for privacy reasons).

We will be more than happy to provide you will a full account backup, which is currently being generated and sent via your support ticket.

The content you are hosting and linking to in your forum is highly illegal in the United States, and as previously mentioned in the TOS/AUP not permitted.

If you have any further questions, feel free to update the ticket or email qa [at] arvixe.com.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Sorry but nothing is updated. You could say it from the begining that if you are not interested in hosting my site. It has been more then 1 year. All I want was information of what content got recieved complaint and from which company. This was to make sure it wouldnt happen again. But got no answer from you. Eachtime I ask, refused to help me. Please read LIVE SUPPORT CHAT. Can you really say it's good? Read the post i sent right after you.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for a copy of their copywrite and other proofs such as that links were in my site with dates and true url. It can be an image or a video proof.

Thank you for your not-cooperation. I'll move my site. It's 5:40 am here. Tomorrow I'll contact live chat for domain transfers and stuffs.

Hi,

One of a key to resolve it here is very simple. Did you choose an offshore hosting provider (outside of US) or not? If Arvixe do not offer this type of hosting, it seems you made a mistake.

Regard,
    Founder CODE TOT - Web Development Agency.

Quote Originally Posted by UpReseller View Post
    Hi,

One of a key to resolve it here is very simple. Did you choose an offshore hosting provider (outside of US) or not? If Arvixe do not offer this type of hosting, it seems you made a mistake.

Regard,
    That is my mistake. But when i choosed arvixe, i told them everything about my site. All details about my content and my forum. They said it's ok. I just said i was with them for more then 1 year. This is true date 09/06/09.

But as i said too many times. My problem is not this. My problem is they don't care about me. They are acting like, theyre trying to get rid of me. All I want was cooperate and get information about complaint. So I could do something. But they refused. Their datacenter did.

really...

Your domain name has the word WAREZ in it and you are attempting to convince us that you are a legitimate user?
    I said in another post either contribute to the quality of the internet or PLEASE GET OFF THE INTERNET!
    Nexxterra.com Web Services
    MassiveServers.com
    Web Hosting, Dedicated servers and Domain Registration - Miami, Florida, USA
    BuyAWebName.com Domain name registration

Quote Originally Posted by nexxterra View Post
    Your domain name has the word WAREZ in it and you are attempting to convince us that you are a legitimate user?
    I said in another post either contribute to the quality of the internet or PLEASE GET OFF THE INTERNET!
    I don't remember saying my site is legitimate. Plus I dont think you know what my site is. I do not have any kind of apps games movies etc. I'm guessing you didn't read anything. It's an adult forum only. You are getting all this wrong. Not going to write anything to you. Thanks for your comment.

stupidity

I do not care what your site is or does, but when your name contains the term warez, this is a section of the Internet that is disgusting and in no way makes the world a better place. the term is based on theft, and dishonesty.
    Nexxterra.com Web Services
    MassiveServers.com
    Web Hosting, Dedicated servers and Domain Registration - Miami, Florida, USA
    BuyAWebName.com Domain name registration

Hello,

I apologize for the delay. I was waiting for your backup to complete.

The full cPanel move file has been provided in your ticket.

I'm sorry for any issues you've encountered, however I can assure you that we didn't agree to any warez related content or DMCA complaints.

Everything you have requested is clearly in the ticket.
    You can login to our support suite and view the ticket in it's entirety.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Question

A question to Arvixe (since it was interesting to me). Let us imagine I have a forum blabla.com where users can post links to videos.
    UserA posted a link to video depicting his poodle and him, hosted on Youtube.
    UserB posted a link to a trailer of "Terminator 2", hosted on WarezMovieHost.*
    UserC posted a link to "Terminator 2" hosted on SomeTubeHost.*

Question: would Arvixe take anyt actions for UserB actions? And would blabla.com be punished for UserC actions? If blabla.com is a big forum and one user posts a link to video hosting site - is it that bad?

---
    *imaginary services.

12 months is quite sometime for a host to know what is happening on their servers.

Not able to provide the client with detail information from complainant has result in this.

Not sure what's happening but it could have been dealt with in a more professional manner. The OP posted here as arvixe failed to provide information requested and now he needs to find a new host since he made the matter public.

In the case where he never posted on WHT, he probably would have been lied to for the another 12 months
    Managed Hosting Services with 24hrs Support and 100% uptime. Locations: USA - CA - EU
    Contact us now to experience the difference

Quote Originally Posted by JonaHost View Post
    12 months is quite sometime for a host to know what is happening on their servers.

Not able to provide the client with detail information from complainant has result in this.

Not sure what's happening but it could have been dealt with in a more professional manner. The OP posted here as arvixe failed to provide information requested and now he needs to find a new host since he made the matter public.

In the case where he never posted on WHT, he probably would have been lied to for the another 12 months
    Thanks for your comments and trying to understand me. Correct date is: 09/06/09

For 3 years I tried to solve it between arvixe and me. It was perfect till this happened.

Edit: If you see they still refuse to tell me or give me copy of their copywrite and other proofs about that Complaints. I still don't know who did complaint and what content got complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by JonaHost View Post

There is a lot of gross and to be frank, uneducated, assumptions being made here.

Please, lets be reasonable. How do you know he has been ignored for 12 months? How is that even possible? We have, on this very day, 63,000 active accounts. With over 200 calls and 1000 chats/tickets going through our call center daily. So you are saying all of these people are getting ignored? So are the 25 people simultaneously working right now twiddling their thumbs?

Let's get real. The guy's domain name has warez right in it. What are you saying again?

If there was one mistake that was made and I will definitely apologize for is the fact that we hosted him to begin with.

A question to Arvixe (since it was interesting to me). Let us imagine I have a forum blabla.com where users can post links to videos.
    UserA posted a link to video depicting his poodle and him, hosted on Youtube.
    UserB posted a link to a trailer of "Terminator 2", hosted on WarezMovieHost.*
    UserC posted a link to "Terminator 2" hosted on SomeTubeHost.*

Question: would Arvixe take anyt actions for UserB actions? And would blabla.com be punished for UserC actions? If blabla.com is a big forum and one user posts a link to video hosting site - is it that bad?
    Let me actually make this really easy for you. Let's say you have a website named, "Postyourwarezhere.com" and we receive a complaint about a picture of a poodle on there. I'm personally going to suspend the site and make sure its never unsuspended again.

Are you seriously diving deep into a case where the customer is hosting a warez forum?

Thanks to the more veteran members who understood this and made the appropriate comments. At this point, the customer has had contact with every possible manager at Arvixe and has had the chance to work with us. Therefore, neither myself or my staff will be responding to this ridiculous post from this point forward.

To the OP - I'm personally offering a full refund of the $8 if I can completely remove the account and that our services are never used again by you at any time in the future. If you would like to get the refund, please PM adam above/myself.

I do not want any refunds from you. You still dont get it. My problem is not about you not about my site or content etc. My problem is that you did not give me any information. I requested dozens of times and got an automated reply.

This was what you should say from begining. We do not want site that gets DMCA complaints. We appologize for this but kindly please transfer your host. That should be enough for me.

But, if you say solve this problem for future, you need to help me solve them and give me information and proofs for me to solve it. You know what that means? You want me to continue hosting it in arvixe. Because you are offering me to do something for not getting blocked. When I try to do something, you dont help.

June 2009 that is the date I started with you. Now you are saying your only mistake is accepting me. Where were you for 3 years? Why saying it now? Where were you when this issue started @1st october? Why saying all this now? I know the answer. I made it to public that is why. I did not beg you to accept me. It has been 3 years and 4 months. To clear something out they did not ignore me 12 months. They just ignored to help me and give information thats all. Its what they are still doing. Not sending me details and proofs.

Anyway im transferring my host. Most of the contents are done. But keep host for my other personal domain for mails. I need backup my mails. I do not host anymore adult in your site. Only personal hosting is active now. It's the best for me and for you.
    Last edited by DjProgressive; 10-16-2012 at 06:05 PM.

yes they blocked my site too but they send my working link to delete

and i did so my site back online again

My problems with arvixe hosting

I have permanent problem with arvixe:

Two my sites are blocked :
    new-freeware .com /` 200 unique visits/day/
    ur-social .com /600-700 unique visits/day/--> installed from arvice's c-panel ...

The reason : CPU USAGE

The answer from arvixe is:
    Disabled /***public_html/ur-social .com/modules/boonex/ as it was using high CPU and which caused high load spike on the server. Please find the following URL as a proof, h**p://stats.dolphin.arvixe.com/******.txt. As lot many other users also using the same resources we cant allow such number of connections in shared hosting. Please do take necessary actions with the help of your programmer and let us know the measures that you have taken to avoid this in future, so that we can assist you further on this.

I don't care how many users using that resources...

I want to have WORKING SITES... I buy PERSONALpro plan - 8$/m for WORKING SITES

They keeps bandwidth ....

I have loosed one free domain registered from arvixe /for life .../

When your site reaches visitors -> they block it!!

This hosting IS NOT FOR VISITED SITES

Now I looking for another hosting provider....

I'm sorry but your English is hard to understand.. are you using Google Translator?

If you're meaning to say that your site gets DMCA complaints, then you should have used some common sense - If they're a US-based provider, OF COURSE they would be complying to DMCA laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon N View Post
    I'm sorry but your English is hard to understand.. are you using Google Translator?

If you're meaning to say that your site gets DMCA complaints, then you should have used some common sense - If they're a US-based provider, OF COURSE they would be complying to DMCA laws.
    Sorry for my English...
    Nothing about DMCA:
    If you install a script from your c- panel /provided from arvixe/ and if you have visitors more that 5/day -> your site will be blocked from arvixe.
    This is the true... check: ur - social .com and will see...
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by isto777 View Post
    Sorry for my English...
    Nothing about DMCA:
    If you install a script from your c- panel /provided from arvixe/ and if you have visitors more that 5/day -> your site will be blocked from arvixe.
    Regards
    If that's true then Arxive wouldn't be in business right now. I'm sure there's a different reason - a more logical reason. Have you tried calling them?

Hello,

I'm sorry for your issues. We certainly don't want to block our customers websites without merit.

I would suggest replying to the ticket that was created on your behalf regarding this issue and we'd be delighted to work with you to resolve this issue ASAP.

Furthermore, our QA department is reviewing every action that was taken to ensure that it was done correctly, and fairly.

Thank you!

Sorry for my English...
    Nothing about DMCA:
    Regards
    Are you using Elgg?
    That can use a ton of resources.
    Just because something is installable from cPanel one-click installer doesn't mean that it's appropriate for a big site, on shared hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon N View Post
    If that's true then Arxive wouldn't be in business right now. I'm sure there's a different reason - a more logical reason. Have you tried calling them?
    Uffff ....
    Just provide me one e-mail and I will send copy of my tickets...
    I CAN'T BELIEVE ALSO ...
    I will not contact more with that support....
    I will write reviews to prevent another people from troubles.

Uffff ....
    Just provide me one e-mail and I will send copy of my tickets...
    I CAN'T BELIEVE ALSO ...
    I will not contact more with that support....
    I will write reviews to prevent another people from troubles.
    Let me tell you something. I was with them month ago. Used their services for 3-4 years. What I can say is their service is almost perfect. Never had problems about their service. I had 10k users. But when it comes to support, its not good as before. When you ask something they answer quick and neat. But when you have problems with them you get no answer or automated answers. Not trying to solve something etc. Anyway good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast