Laptop for intense usage

Hello,

I need a laptop for home and my office since i don't like to have two computers.

I need a laptop that can be used 14-16 hours per day without any problems.

Usage: Internet surfing, Microsoft Office, and some gaming.

Recomendations please...

Any new laptop will do. However those with a desktop processor are likely to get hotter so if you have it on your lap a lot that could be an issue.

Take a look at Dell as they have a decent range.
    Steve

The only problem I've heard regarding Dell laptops, is that the keys fall off rather easily. Otherwise they seem to be pretty reliable.

I'd get a Sony VAIO, or something by Acer.
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

I would strongly reccomend and Alienware. I have one and love it. They are cheaper than dells, and packed with more features and power. As for it being "too hot" i'd suggest a Targus cooling pad or something of the like. You wont feel an oz. of heat with that little thing under it, plugs into the USB port. Alienware does both desktop processors and mobile ones, I have a P4 3.4 desktop one in mine. They can handle any game without a problem. Best of luck in your decision.

Originally posted by Jeff - Exceed
    The only problem I've heard regarding Dell laptops, is that the keys fall off rather easily. Otherwise they seem to be pretty reliable.

I've never heard of that as being a problem for Dell, but maybe in the USA it is. I've just got a Sony VAIO S4XP. Very nice laptop, fast and powerful, was just expensive.
    Steve

14 - 16 hours?

I believe dell do one called 'get a life and get out more'

Its part of the 'lifestyle' range.

Originally posted by jamesaspey
    14 - 16 hours?

I believe dell do one called 'get a life and get out more'

Its part of the 'lifestyle' range.

If you don't have anything productive to say about the topic, I suggest you refrain from clicking the reply to post button.

As for me, I have a Sony Vaio FS640/W and it does what I need it to fairly well, and I run it as a desktop replacement.

About $1500, though.

I use a Toshiba for all the needs you listed. It's been great!

Thank you all!

It was a light hearted joke, i think somebody needs a sense of humour transplant .

I use my laptop for around the same time each day, I recommend compaq

I have a Dell laptop and the whole keyboard has worn out (eg. i reguarly smash it to get it working). Nothing more annoying than typing out something and then realising the whole time that the 'i' key hasnt been working etc.

Probably a combo of intense usage and poor craftsmanship (its an old peice of junk, pentium 3 i think)

I have Compaq Presario with centrino 1.5ghz , 512 mb ram and it works great. I use it same way as you describe. office, home, little gaming (hardly play any games though) and it works great. Go for HP Compaq they are also good.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

You will be doing yourself damage working with a small keyboard, monitor for that period of time.
    zaax

I got a sony vaio vgn-s260 and its been working great... i ise it all day at work and it keep up with me all day long.

almost everyone in the company i work at uses laptops...
    • Max Wilson •