Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

balticservers.com?worst experience

i'm not good at english.so i may make some mistakes in writing.

i bought my first vps 5 months ago.the main purpose of my vps is for torrent.and i bought several vps,such as burst,buyvm,ovh,nothing happened.but when several days ago,i bought vps from balticservers.com,it become the worst experience in my internet history.

i am new registration here,but i usually brows wht to see whether there are some vps good for me.some days ago,i saw balticservers have very good price.so i decided to buy it.i know some vps provider forbid torrent.so i read their aup(Acceptable Use Policy) carefully and didn't find a word about torrent(now you can see torrent is prohibited,i will explain later).even i search "balticservers allow torrent" with google.i found
    i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu33/qqmilk54188/qwe123.jpg

so finally i bought it.but about three day ago my vps didn't work without any notice,i asked online help but he didn't figure out the problem.so he told me to write a email to info@balticservers.com(they even don't have a ticket system).i
    wrote.and to this day i have no response.so i asked online help again.finally somebody knew what happened.

he told my vps was stopped for the reason of torrent.

i said why not tell your customer what is prohibited in advance.

he said torrent is written in aup.

so i gave their aup link and said there is no description about torrent.

so he charged his word and said torrent is illegal so the aup include。

i said you make me laugh,maybe i'm forign but i konw torrent is legal except some have copyright issue.
    finally tired arguing with him,i ask refund because they have 30 days unconditional refund.

he said no for the terminated/cancelled account can't bu gave refund but he can get my vps back.

so i said if my vps is back it means my account is not terminated/cancelled.so why not give my money back immediatelly.

he said there is no dispute about refund.that's all.

i said ok.i will get my money back from paypal dispute center and write what happened in wht.

maybe he got angry and said torrent is illegal activity.he may collect proofs and my ip to police.

i don't care because i didn't donwload some files that have copyright issue.but from this we can see they care more about money than their customers.sometimes they even threaten customers.

in the end i gave tens of eurs and nothing for me except for threat.maybe it's not much money but the way they deal with whis thing make me angry,i closed the online talk and tried to get money back frome paypal.when i was collecting some proofs,i found they add torrent in aup(so if you check their aup now,you can see torrentis prohibited).

there is few possibilities to get back money,so i write this not for money,just for letting people konw what company they are.

(after write this,i feel better now,thanks for reading the long article)

Remember to hit the "Report" button at the top with your IP address information so the moderators can verify you were/are a customer.
    miniVPS - UK Based Value and Premium VPS Servers!
    Xavvo.com Innovative Hosting for Innovative People!

We have never let customers to use VPS for download torrents. It is illegal. Problem does not arise often, because people ask online staff or read our rules.

http://www.balticservers.com/AUP
    The following activities are expressly prohibited:
    • Torrents
    • Intellectual property infringement, including violations of copyright, trademark, or patent rights, or use or distribution of pirated software.

http://www.balticservers.com/servers-tos

2. Content
    All services provided by Balticservers.com may only be used for lawful purposes. This includes, but not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene. The customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Balticservers.com from any claims resulting from the use of our services.

And refund policy:
    5. Cancellation and Refunds
    Accounts cancelled/terminated by Balticservers.com do not qualify for the 30 day money back guarantee.

I think there is nothing more to say
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL - Intel/AMD CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

Quote Originally Posted by BalticServers Andrius View Post
    We have never let customers to use VPS for download torrents. It is illegal. Problem does not arise often, because people ask online staff or read our rules.

• Torrents
    • Intellectual property infringement, including violations of copyright, trademark, or patent rights, or use or distribution of pirated software.

Torrenting is not illegal. It's the content being 'torrented' that can sometimes cause issues.

Worth noting, by the way, that despite you claiming it has always been against your rules, a quick search shows that this was NOT in your AUP a relatively short time ago. Even Google Cache shows it wasn't there:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

So I think you do have more to say about it

In my opinion, as long as it's not causing copyright or similar problems and the servers are not overloaded, there's no reason to shutdown the server because it's hosting a torrent download.

BalticServers Andrius;

never?let't look at next two topic
    webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=967853
    webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=993246
    when somebody asked about torrent ,you answer meant it's not a problem.
    and you think you are a rules maker,no mater whether the rules make sense.
    sometimes you even make a new rule to prove it's all fault of customer.
    i really want to know how such company can survive since 2001 as their website says.maybe they think the reality makes no difference,so they can do or say anything just for their own interests.

Quote Originally Posted by qq5867224 View Post
    BalticServers Andrius;

never?let't look at next two topic
    webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=967853
    webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=993246
    when somebody asked about torrent ,you answer meant it's not a problem.
    and you think you are a rules maker,no mater whether the rules make sense.
    sometimes you even make a new rule to prove it's all fault of customer.
    i really want to know how such company can survive since 2001 as their website says.maybe they think the reality makes no difference,so they can do or say anything just for their own interests.
    At the first, you are looking at 2010 year threads. You are thinking, that everything will be the same at 2012?

Second: THEY ASKING ABOUT TORRENT TRACKERS! Torrent tracker is a different thing than download from torrents users. Torrent trackers physically do not host any files.

Next one:

15:37 mike *****: torrent means illegal activity? you make me laugh
    15:40 mike *****: i will write about this to webhostingtalk.com.just let people knon what your company is

He terrorised us, but rules are rules and it will not be changed. Intimidation will never help to avoid rules
    Last edited by Andreo-Bacloud; 01-03-2012 at 08:17 AM.

i don't want to argue anymore.people already see what your company is

Quote Originally Posted by qq5867224 View Post
    i don't want to argue anymore.people already see what your company is

Maybe this topic will help to avoid bad customers. Good customers with good reputation have never had any problems.

Maybe this topic will help to avoid bad customers. Good customers with good reputation have never had any problems.
    You offer shore vps so torrent is not allowed in Lithuania or it's against your TOS?

Quote Originally Posted by turbovps View Post
    You offer shore vps so torrent is not allowed in Lithuania or it's against your TOS?
    Against our rules.

Against our rules.
    But it wasn't against your rules when he signed up and when he did it on his server, correct?

No, i do not agree. It was against rules.

We just added more information to our rules. We have never let to download from torrents. This is not a first time.

No, i do not agree. It was against rules.

We just added more information to our rules. We have never let to download from torrents. This is not a first time.
    http://i.imgur.com/LemWf.png

How can you expect a client to know it was "against rules" if you didn't actually write it in your AUP until after banning them for it?

When the customer signed up you did not include torrents in your AUP. Should you decide to update your AUP at a later date you need to inform your customers of this. Clearly you did neither, as judging by your behaviour on other hosting forums you are completely unprofessional.

Here's an interesting factoid for the public, Baltic Servers has spammed LET over the Christmas period whilst the admin was away. There was a notification of the admin being away, so Andrius here decided to spam the site with offers against the rules. When he was advised that his posts were against the rules by community members he ignored this and continued to spam the forum with multiple new threads. The admin returned, and removed all of his posts and banned his account.

Banned Account: http://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/760/balticservers
    JPEG Showing Ban: http://i.imgur.com/HjwGx.png

This only goes to highlight just how unprofessional Balticservers really is. First the customer doesn't break their AUP, so then they change their AUP after the close the customer's account. Then they pretend it was there all along when there is clear evidence that this is a lie. Whilst in the same period of time they signup to other websites ignoring the rules and spamming the forums. That certainly doesn't sound like a company any "good customer" would want to host with, you never know when they're just going to pull the rug out from under your feet.

Regards,

Joel

Again, again... now without word torrents in AUP:

* Intellectual property infringement, including violations of copyright, trademark, or patent rights, or use or distribution of pirated software.

2. Content
    All services provided by Balticservers.com may only be used for lawful purposes. This includes, but not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene. The customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Balticservers.com from any claims resulting from the use of our services.

And refund policy:
    Accounts cancelled/terminated by Balticservers.com do not qualify for the 30 day money back guarantee.

Again, again... now without word torrents in AUP:

* Intellectual property infringement, including violations of copyright, trademark, or patent rights, or use or distribution of pirated software.

2. Content

And refund policy:
    Yes, but the OP has posted that the torrents he is downloading is not copyright. Torrents aren't illegal.

BTW:
    http://www.gidforums.com/t-23455.html
    http://forums.hostsearch.com/showthr...6-BalticServer
    "Adult, warez linking and ect. Are ALLOWED. OFFSHORE!"

AUP: * Intellectual property infringement, including violations of copyright, trademark, or patent rights, or use or distribution of pirated software.

Is that not distribution of pirated software ?

no need to argue with them,have you seen they add torrent prohabited after dispute with me?they don't care what's right.they can do anything for their interests regardless of customers

The op should perform a chargeback asap!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-CKS View Post
    The op should perform a chargeback asap!
    On what grounds? I'm sure that conversation would go well. The termination policy is clearly stated in the TOS/AUP. The op agreed to the TOS/AUP regardless of whether he read it or not, and the specific language regarding torrents may or may not have been in there, but their standard blanket language was in there.
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidJoe View Post
    On what grounds? I'm sure that conversation would go well. The termination policy is clearly stated in the TOS/AUP. The op agreed to the TOS/AUP regardless of whether he read it or not, and the specific language regarding torrents may or may not have been in there, but their standard blanket language was in there.
    I don't agree.

There was nothing in their 'original' TOS or AUP to stop him from using Torrents on his service. Additionally, this company is known for spamming all over the place, happily telling people they're allowed to host warez, adult sites, any "offshore" content.

If you read back from the start, Joe, you'll see that the OP has essentially been 'screwed' by Balticservers (one of many) and I would happily suggest he does do a chargeback or attempt to get his money back in any way he can.

Quote Originally Posted by HR-Martin View Post
    I don't agree.

There was nothing in their 'original' TOS or AUP to stop him from using Torrents on his service. Additionally, this company is known for spamming all over the place, happily telling people they're allowed to host warez, adult sites, any "offshore" content.

If you read back from the start, Joe, you'll see that the OP has essentially been 'screwed' by Balticservers (one of many) and I would happily suggest he does do a chargeback or attempt to get his money back in any way he can.
    I did read it. While the torrent might not have been explicitly stated, the generic verbage that all providers put in there allowing them to suspend/terminate accounts for just about everything was. They are therefore, within their rights to do exactly as they did.
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

Okay, being facetious aside, that could be used as the argument for any complaint anyone ever has about any provider at all.

The verbiage in their TOS and AUP allow them to suspended/terminate anyone for anything they like so that makes it all OK.

Come on.

HR-Martin
    thanks,man.no need to argue with them which just makes you feel angry.
    one word describing them is "unreasonable"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast