Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2642
    Quote Originally Posted by a2b2 View Post
    The 94.229.x.x is UK servers and your are on BlueConnex transit

Rus
    Aha, I see it all now, some of it lol. Gutted, but cheers for the confirmation!

0 Not allowed!

My vps is back with all the data on it! Node: vz6uk.vtsix.com.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    they already said in a few weeks a custom control panel will come out. you can install webmin and other control panels (free) to do backups
    How do you back up a vps with webmin?
      0 Not allowed!

Rus,

I have to say I feel a bit uneasy as I have no idea what is going to happen to my CheapVPS XEN box (indeedsir.com) that has been working perfectly all the time. Will it be cleaned/moved anyhow? Will the IP stay the same? Somebody whose box had been working well all the time had his vps cleaned without a warning...

As a precaution I have taken backups of the databases and the home directories, anyhow.

Markku
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    For bandwidth monitoring, vnstat seems to work (well, it installs and seems to get data, not sure if it fully works just yet):
    Daniel,

Thanks a lot for this! Unfortunately, on CentOS, there's a little more work to do for the cron job to work correctly:

# echo VNSTAT_OPTIONS=\"-i venet0\" > /etc/sysconfig/vnstat
    # chown -R nobody /var/lib/vnstat/
    # chgrp -R nobody /var/lib/vnstat/

Also, it looks like the cron job should be set to run every minute, instead of every five minutes:
    # vi /etc/cron.d/vnstat
    */1 * * * * nobody /usr/sbin/vnstat.cron

Keith
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bastek72pl View Post
    Nice one.

Mine was on vz5uk.vtsix.com and no joy.
      0 Not allowed!

oops. made a billing ticket requesting a new vps instead of the other one lol. im kinda glad my vps has been down. gave me time to clean my computer
      0 Not allowed!

Russ,

Would it be possible to move from my US based VPS to one of the new UK based ones (when things have settled down)? My US VPS is working, and when I originally had my VPS set up I wanted US as most of my users were there, now they are mostly in the UK.

If it is a pain in the a** then it isn't a problem, just thought i'd try to make good of the bad situation :-p
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bastek72pl View Post
    Excellent news. Fingers crossed they can do the same for vz2uk.vtsix.com
      0 Not allowed!

my data seems to be there but I am frustrated as I dont get iptables
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    my data seems to be there but I am frustrated as I dont get iptables
    couldnt you download some iptable scripts?
      0 Not allowed!

so how do we get our FSCKVPS's back up? I submitted a ticket, but it got closed. I re-open the ticket, and it gets closed again.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by John5788 View Post
    so how do we get our FSCKVPS's back up? I submitted a ticket, but it got closed. I re-open the ticket, and it gets closed again.
    what was there reply and what exactly did you say
      0 Not allowed!

IPTables has modules that must be enabled on the host node before you can use it on your VPS. One of the downfalls of openvz technology versus true hypervisors.

Same with quotas, fuse, etc..
      0 Not allowed!

Good morning folks,

We have a few VPS's left to provision for those customers that put they're requests in somewhat late (7). These will be pumped out within the hour.

There are currently over 100 active tickets on FsckVPS and we will be dealing with each ticket one by one with NO CANNED responses.

We have staff still working throughout the night trying to get these issues resolved for you.

If you have any questions directed at FSCKVPS please let me know and I will try to answer to the best of my avail. Also note "I may reserve the right to not answer any questions which may have some legal bias or similar as we all know we can't be to careful these days."

EDIT: When submitting a ticket, please include your IP for a faster response. Please also limit yourself to 1 ticket. Billing will be open on Monday, June 15th.

Have a wonderful day folks.

Regards,
    Kody
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kody View Post
    Good morning folks,

We have a few VPS's left to provision for those customers that put they're requests in somewhat late (7). These will be pumped out within the hour.

There are currently over 100 active tickets on FsckVPS and we will be dealing with each ticket one by one with NO CANNED responses.

We have staff still working throughout the night trying to get these issues resolved for you.

If you have any questions directed at FSCKVPS please let me know and I will try to answer to the best of my avail. Also note "I may reserve the right to not answer any questions which may have some legal bias or similar as we all know we can't be to careful these days."

Have a wonderful day folks.

Regards,
    Kody
    it is good to know everything is starting to return to normal. ok a few questions, are there any control panels I can install myself that have similar features to hypervm? is there any way for me to manually reboot my vps and btw I sent a ticket to billing for a new vps instead of where it should be
      0 Not allowed!

Kody, could you please look into the memory issues on the VPSes? They seem to be affecting literally everyone, most users seem to be getting "fork: Cannot allocate memory" messages. Someone in the IRC mentioned the "kmemsize beancounter" being set too low

Thanks

is there any way for me to manually reboot my vps
    Running the command "reboot" or "shutdown -r now" should reboot it.
      0 Not allowed!

@Dark; New VPS should be in Support, there is no CP at this time (around 1-2 weeks) and you have to submit a ticket for a reboot.
    @Daniel; This is something that needs a ticket, our Support staff know how to fix this and should be able to help you.

Regards,
    Kody
      0 Not allowed!

@Daniel; This is something that needs a ticket, our Support staff know how to fix this and should be able to help you.
    Yep, I've opened a ticket for it
    It seems a lot of users are having these issues, though. Do they all need to open tickets about it?

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

@Dan; Yes, this is something that will need to be looked at on a per customer basis.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    what was there reply and what exactly did you say
    hxxp://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6171/28487296.jpg

thats the link to the image, I can't use forum features because I don't have 5 posts, hence the xx in the link. replace with tt.

they closed the ticket, and I re-opened it because I've gotten no response on getting my VPS back. then they just closed it again.
      0 Not allowed!

Rus, here are my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbanc View Post
    What will happen to current customers in the US? Will they stay there? Will they get a new management console? Will the current VPS work with the new management console? Will we be able to perform our own reloads and backup our VPS's like we could before? Will prices change? Will RAM #'s and Disk #'s be increased back to where they were prior to the outage? Any chance we could get an additional increase in Disk instead of a credit for the outage?
      0 Not allowed!

@Vaserv support: would you please look at the ticket JST-412141 for me? There's the firewall lock-out issue, it only needs to be stopped with csf -x. Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mkniskanen View Post
    Rus,

I have to say I feel a bit uneasy as I have no idea what is going to happen to my CheapVPS XEN box (indeedsir.com) that has been working perfectly all the time. Will it be cleaned/moved anyhow? Will the IP stay the same? Somebody whose box had been working well all the time had his vps cleaned without a warning...

As a precaution I have taken backups of the databases and the home directories, anyhow.

Markku
    In a similar situation with the same questions in mind, my cheapvps(/a2b2?) xen vps seems to have survived this unscathed but still can't help feeling slightly uneasy.
      0 Not allowed!

Im very worried that my site which has been working perfect despite the attack will get suddenly wiped or upgraded etc with out my knowledge (i simply cannot afford this!!), can the VAsupport ensure us that they will leave boxes that are up and working as they are, they need to give us a new box first and give us enough time to configure it and upload our site so we can simply swap the IP's over and have no downtime, i have backups but its the downtime which scares me as it will cost me big money.

There seems to be a big lack of information about what will happen to the boxes which where not affected during the attack and if they will need to give us new boxes which do not have HyperVM but an alternative and how much time we will have before the existing boxes go offline.

PLEASE JUST MAKE THINGS CLEAR FOR US I WILL GO NUTS IF MY SERVER GOES OFFLINE WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104 ... LastLast