Thread: Spam Guard

Spam Guard

I am acting as a reseller .
    Nowdays in all my domain mailboxes , i have been getting a lot of spams . there is a spam guard filter in my server ( as per the information provided to me )

I would like to know .. how can i verify if there is any spam guard and secndly is there any other way of controlling the spams in my domains

i suppose you will need to contact your hosting provider to verify this and ask them for details on custom controlling the spams via user end as some host provider limit the accessibility and the spam control is server wide.

try emailing yourself this line:

XJS*C4JDBQADN1.NSBN3*2IDNEN*GTUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-UBE-TEST-EMAIL*C.34X
    from like a gmail or something
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I have tried to email the above line

i got the error
    This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Technical details of permanent failure:
    PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 554 ********* SPAM *********

Ok.. it does mean there is a spam filter .. but how to make it more effectiv

Quote Originally Posted by bberlia
    Technical details of permanent failure:
    PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 554 ********* SPAM *********

Ok.. it does mean there is a spam filter .. but how to make it more effectiv
    You can use sa-learn command. Given a typical selection of your incoming mail classified as spam or ham (non-spam), this tool will feed each mail to SpamAssassin, allowing it to 'learn' what signs are likely to mean spam, and which are likely to mean ham.