Hi again akyeame,

So after taking a look at your VPS's history usage, it does look like there were multiple problems with the usage tied back to the usage of CometChat, and also it looks like you had some problematic requests going to another one of your websites that eventually led to us requesting that you upgrade to a dedicated server.

It looks like you did work with our systems team back and forth over tickets to try to have your usage reduced, but unfortunately it looks like it wasn't able to be reduced enough where your usage isn't causing problems for other VPS customers sharing the same VP node hardware.

It looks like today for instance the VPS continues to spike over acceptable usage levels, the culprits behind the usage seem to be mainly your forum, and also slide show pro on your most highly visited website.

I'll send you an email from our system with more information on what I'm seeing, but ultimately it does look like your current usage would warrant a dedicated server. Unless you decided to either optimize or disable your forum which appears to be where the bulk of the usage is coming from.

If you read the articles from my server usage link in my signature, specifically the ones from the server tools to help with usage section, you would be able to see using commands like sar just how heavy your VPS's CPU activity was.

Unfortunately in these types of scenarios, because the VPS platform is shared, without simply disabling your forum, the usage would be pretty hard to get reduced on the VPS platform without affecting other customers. So it seems like that is why the system administration department recommended getting a dedicated server to continue hosting with us, after a few back and forth attempts trying to get the usage reduced to acceptable levels.

You can always upgrade to a dedicated platform temporarily while you're fully optimizing your websites, and then request a downgrade to the VPS platform again once it's been proven on the dedicated server that the usage would not continue to pose a possible threat to the other users on the VPS platform.