They have been available for a few months now
    how can I get one? how do they work?
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Member Control Panel > Manage Users
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/profil...ompany_account
    Uptime Monitor - Minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it!

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

Quote Originally Posted by [HB]Andrei View Post
    Member Control Panel > Manage Users
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/profil...ompany_account
    wooo!!!!1111ONE
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

I can't hit that URL.

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features, or another area of the site that requires an earned privilege? Some privileges require a minimum post count and/or days of registration.
    If you are trying to post, your account may be awaiting activation, or the administrator may have disabled your account
    Are you trying to start a thread in a forum that has minimum requirements which must be met first? Please read our forum guidelines and Announcements posted within the category you're attempting to post to.
    If you believe this message is issued in error, please contact us at http://helpdesk.webhostingtalk.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by stablehost View Post
    I can't hit that URL.
    Neither can I, get the same error message.

Are "all" corporate members supposed to be orange now? Some appear to be orange, then some appear to be normal color.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post
    Neither can I, get the same error message.

Are "all" corporate members supposed to be orange now? Some appear to be orange, then some appear to be normal color.
    Make sure you are identifying as a Corp Member: http://prntscr.com/67cldk
    Uptime Monitor - Minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it!

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

Quote Originally Posted by [HB]Andrei View Post
    Make sure you are identifying as a Corp Member: http://prntscr.com/67cldk
    oh cool - didn't even know that was there.

Just chucking it out there, but I think, similar to what's been mentioned before, it would be worth 'vetting' corporate members, even if it's just like you need 5 positive reviews / customers to vouch for you, similar to how a lot of the old web design guilds used to work.

I know that @bear did mention that corporate/premium memberships come with no guarantee etc from a customer point of view, but as an outsider I can quite easily see someone seeing the badge/status and thinking 'oh he's obviously legit'...

Quote Originally Posted by lobrc View Post
    Just chucking it out there, but I think, similar to what's been mentioned before, it would be worth 'vetting' corporate members, even if it's just like you need 5 positive reviews / customers to vouch for you, similar to how a lot of the old web design guilds used to work.
    I don't see that happening nor would I want them vetting people based on the current lack of moderation going on. Lot of rule violations that go unchecked these days. I don't think I've gotten a response back from a single report I've done recently.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Much better colours for the Community staff

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I don't see that happening nor would I want them vetting people based on the current lack of moderation going on. Lot of rule violations that go unchecked these days. I don't think I've gotten a response back from a single report I've done recently.
    Lack of moderation?
    Of the 130 tickets of yours in the desk, stretching back to 2007, 2 are unanswered; one from the end of January and one from the 15th of this month, both asking us to look if someone has experience with a provider they recommend.
    Have I missed something?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Lack of moderation?
    Of the 130 tickets of yours in the desk, stretching back to 2007, 2 are unanswered; one from the end of January and one from the 15th of this month, both asking us to look if someone has experience with a provider they recommend.
    Have I missed something?
    It's funny TonyB should say that because I noticed that too...and only noticed due to the other issue. There was one thread from our usual soap opera/reality show host where verification was asked about the members making statements towards the host. Nothing was ever mentioned if their domains were verified.

It's a cause an effect syndrome.

If we police/regulate/(add a less harsh word here) hosts to not have easy access to advertising....it would then cut down on the circus threads....thus leaving mods to do valuable things with their time instead of babysitting daycare host threads.

I know not everything is a field of flowers, but isn't a waste of time on your end to moderate ONE host every week. At that point the price they paid for corporate membership is imbalanced since lots of time has to be invested in cleaning up their mess. I haven't bought a membership and have brought more value by referring outsiders to here when someone is looking for a service outside of my services. The other host just brings playground drama....and paid to bring increase that drama

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    It's a cause an effect syndrome
    And this is a thread about the cost of corporate memberships.
    Let's just let it get back onto that.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

+1 to the decrease in posting frequency for free and premium members
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    And this is a thread about the cost of corporate memberships.
    Let's just let it get back onto that.
    Not trying to argue....but it is about Corporate Memberships.

If there's no type of guidelines, then anyone could join....even people who aren't in any type of web hosting related business.

The cause and effect has already been demonstrated by others in this thread;

Cause - change posting duration times
    Effect - more effective and quality ads in the ads section
    Double Effect - less nonsense ads from nonsense companies
    Triple Effect - less moderation

The left hand and right hand playing together nicely

I haven't advertised in almost 2 years, and I wouldn't mind every 2 weeks. WHT cannot be my only source of acquiring a customer...and within those 2 weeks, it would give a new host a chance to look over their operation.
    Last edited by WPCYCLE; 02-25-2015 at 08:40 PM.

What are company accounts? I cant access that link.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    They have been available for a few months now
    James B
    WWW.EZEELOGIN.COM |Setup your Secure Linux SSH GatewayMEET PCI DSS & ISO 27001 Compliance|Manage & Administer Multiple Linux Servers Quickly & Securely.

@Moderators - is there an internal discussion going on with Penton now about changing the posting frequencies of different user types?

Just curious -- I would be really happy about that as a benefit of Corporate accounts.
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisG View Post
    @Moderators - is there an internal discussion going on with Penton now about changing the posting frequencies of different user types?

Just curious -- I would be really happy about that as a benefit of Corporate accounts.
    I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

I doubt they can say much. With it being such a huge cash flow, i'm sure the owners want to put some feedback in. Then again, for corporate's having more floor space to sell on, i'm sure that'd increase signup rates which is always good.

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Its the same for me as well. Wondering how they work.
    Quote Originally Posted by stablehost View Post
    I can't hit that URL.
    James B
    WWW.EZEELOGIN.COM |Setup your Secure Linux SSH GatewayMEET PCI DSS & ISO 27001 Compliance|Manage & Administer Multiple Linux Servers Quickly & Securely.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    Then again, for corporate's having more floor space to sell on, i'm sure that'd increase signup rates which is always good.

Francisco
    Yup!! Make the real money from the advertisers and the legit members/visitors... the "visitors" who are just hosts themselves that come here to spam their stuff but not contribute, are not a real asset in terms of pageviews/adclicks to the forum anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisG View Post
    Yup!! Make the real money from the advertisers and the legit members/visitors... the "visitors" who are just hosts themselves that come here to spam their stuff but not contribute, are not a real asset in terms of pageviews/adclicks to the forum anyways.
    I just did a run down in the VPS offers section and here's the break down for posts listed as 'today' for me (GMT -7, west coast NA)

- 15 Corporate
    - 12 Normal
    - 6 Premium

If you look into the day prior:

- 18 Corporate
    - 18 Normal
    - 2 Premium

That's a lot of normal posts.

To be honest, it seems people buying Premium are just doing it for the tag and not really the better posting speeds.

That's a lot of normal postings though, with other days likely being even more so.

Francisco
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

I should probably add that I'm not trying to stick it to the smaller hosts that can't budget $1400/year for an advertising channel, but rather try to deal with the drive-by posters that are only ever in the offer section. I didn't count but I can take a pretty safe bet that the very large majority of the 'normals' in the offers section are < 50 total site posts, usually hovering ~30.

I think if the new owners/mods/powers that be, want to increase the amount of good content they could award some memberships out every year to people that really help contribute good content (and not just a random post here and there) as a way to boost moral and such. I don't think there'd be many people contesting against someone that really gives back to the community getting some extra privileges for it. I know there's the 'Content' member group but I'm not sure if that gains any posting privs or if it's just for show and ability to submit things to twitter/add thread TL;DR's.

Francisco

The only reason I pay for prem is to support iNet (Now Penton) I never paid for Corp mainly because I never saw the value in it. (That is just my opinion and others can and would disagree) but I mainly come here to keep abreast of what's taking place along with get a couple of laughs now and again. I do advertise just about every day (rotating my ads every 7 days) and it works for me thus far.

I do agree that the free users should definitely get less options when it comes to the advertising forums because they cloud the forums with 1cent offers which is ridiculous which is probably why the ratings for WHT has dropped. I quickly see WHT becoming one of those forums you just advertise in since even the value in the main forums have dropped. I have even stopped seeking posts to contribute to because of that. There is another forum I visit which was once great for designers etc to contribute industry standard information but has since become a place for marketers and spammers to post their "latest" offers. I really do not wish this for WHT and hope something can be done about it
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

Quote Originally Posted by hostultimo View Post
    I quickly see WHT becoming one of those forums you just advertise in since even the value in the main forums have dropped.
    Because too many are concentrating more on how many ads they can fit in instead of having interesting discussions?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast