Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLaszlo View Post
    They have no responsibility to check the validity of a DMCA takedown notice. Its part of the safe harbor provisions that they MUST respond to the complaints if they are properly formatted. If they do not, they can be held liable for the copyright infringement.

I'd suggest you understand how US law works before trying to use a US company as a front to try to protect yourself from DoS attacks.
    Yah, shame that CloudFlare is American.
    DMCA is such a fail, I don't understand why nobody protests against the failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Power2All View Post
    Yah, shame that CloudFlare is American.
    DMCA is such a fail, I don't understand why nobody protests against the failures.
    I agree, the process is severely flawed. Unfortunately web hosts in the US have little defense against it. They basically have to abide by the safe harbor provisions of risk massive fines.
    Frank Laszlo - Developer
    Franksworld Solutions, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Power2All View Post
    Did you read everything or are you wanking off on your keyboard ?
    If you read the thing I explained properly, free or not, they are abided to some rules and laws in that specific country.
    Releasing IP information that has to be done via DMCA, and giving it out to random hacker people, is bad o.k ?
    The free part comes into play because its easier to setup then to pay every month a amount.
    If CloudFlare wasn't around, I would have used a payed service, or figured out something else, but at this moment, we are hooked with CloudFlare, but since they don't care about the customer, since by releasing the IP, they put my server in trouble.
    If they checked the DMCA request, and found out it was incorrect, nothing would have happened, you catch my point ?
    I've read your other thread and I've responded to you on Twitter. You are upset because they failed to provide a service they don't provide and never said they did or would. Does that make any sense to you?

It's not as simple as "checking" the DMCA request. In fact, they made a whole post about this EXACT situation and how SOPA could worsen it. It's NOT that easy to tell the difference between a legit DMCA and a cleverly-crafted fake DMCA made by attackers. Matthew Prince, the CEO of CloudFlare, said this:

I'm an attorney and member of the bar. I teach a course on intellectual property and technology law at the John Marshall Law School. I serve on the Board of the Center for Information Technology and Privacy Law. I've reviewed many of these requests and, even with my training in the subject, I have no idea how to effectively and efficiently tell the difference between valid and invalid complaints.

If you are having trouble with DDoS attacks, I suggest that you get DDoS-resistant hosting. Make a thread about it. I'm sure there are some reasonably priced DDoS-resistant hosts around here, depending on what you need.

It just bothers me when you say "AVOID CLOUDFLARE AT ALL COSTS !" when you weren't using their service the way it was intended to be used. It's not fair to them.

Also, CloudFlare has great technical support. Damon, Matthew and I have good relations and I have been using their service for over a year now. Transparent, informative, effective, fast, and caring; there are much more words to describe the exemplary customer support CloudFlare provides.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

Staminus.net are recomended

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12