Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaynoz View Post
    Why not go dedicated?
    Cheaper, like them we used the 50% off lifetime, fully managed and had good support. Dedicateds are expensive and I also prefer vps's.

Quote Originally Posted by mcaynoz View Post
    I would rather have Hostgator close down then EIG taking it over.
    Hostgator had a good name, now it's tarnished.
    However good luck to StyleX Networks

Now that would have been one insane internet mass panic. In 2008 they had $34.2m in revenue. In 2012 they were sold and were hosting millions of sites. You say you wish they would have closed down instead but if that did happen you'd probably be saying otherwise.

I really enjoyed the way the cloud worked. When I signed up for StyleX, I didn't know I wanted 4 VPS's, but being able to take a pool of resources, and on the fly spin up any configuration of VMs that I needed ended up being really nice.

I am not running anything too intense. I was a freelance web developer for several years, but have since found full time work. I have a handfull of clients leftover from the freelance era. I keep all of them on their own VM running cPanel, then I have one for my own OpenVPN, one for my own BTSync Cloud setup, and then one for my own projects/experiments.

You're right, I could go full dedicated and set up my own configuration to run my own VMs.

I just really enjoyed how affordable and easy StyleX made it to set up this configuration and it's really just that I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to crafting the perfect dedicated server setup.

Sorry for rambling, I think that might not have been what you were asking...

Atleast they are giving their clients a heads up and a date to move by. Other hosts that I've seen go out of business usually looks to sell their clients off or don't even tell them anything and have them lose their important data

It's sad to see they are closing. We talked to them twice for acquisition and were close to sign contract. Their infrastructure is a mess and costs too much.

Quote Originally Posted by asgard View Post
    When did they open, one or two years ago?
    I'm not that surprised, dozens of fly-by-night hosts hit the fan and close down almost daily.

I'm truly sorry, though, for all those who bough SxN services and were left hanging with their sites gone; I hope they all get a refund.
    Two years ago. StyleX was a good host. If they didn't make any mistakes on cloud setup, they should be able to continue business. I'm pretty sure they are not going to give any refund.

I got a server set up with a new company and was JUST about to start migrating accounts, and now my StyleX server is unreachable, and in the control panel it is stuck on "PENDING" and won't turn on.

They are not responding to support tickets, and the phone number listed on their contact page 855-(478-9539) is giving a busy signal.

I just need it back on for an hour. This is really a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by halfgeeks View Post
    I got a server set up with a new company and was JUST about to start migrating accounts, and now my StyleX server is unreachable, and in the control panel it is stuck on "PENDING" and won't turn on.

They are not responding to support tickets, and the phone number listed on their contact page 855-(478-9539) is giving a busy signal.

I just need it back on for an hour. This is really a bummer.
    Ouch reminds me of the BurstNET issue.. Do you have any sort of backups?

Quote Originally Posted by LC Mike View Post
    Ouch reminds me of the BurstNET issue.. Do you have any sort of backups?
    I have nightlies of my client's sites, but there are still a few things on that machine that would really be happy to be able to access right now. My fault for not having them. Their fault for doing this < 24 hours after sending an email saying it would be up until the end of the month.

Without proper management, hosting companies are extremely vulnerable to failure. Best of luck to their clients though.

StylexNetworks.com going out of business by 30/09/2014

I have still 6 days left and yet my server is not responding. I am heavily screwed by stylexnetworks.com. I was hosted with them and it was great until today they announced that they are going to shutdown their operations from 30 September 2014.

This came as surprise to me and nobody seems to care about my more than 40+ accounts hosted on cloud vps with them.

They forced me to shutdown my business, they've always been good, I still hope someone from stylexnetworks.com will respond to me allow me to take my server backup to another provider.

Quote Originally Posted by yashodhan View Post
    I have still 6 days left and yet my server is not responding. I am heavily screwed by stylexnetworks.com. I was hosted with them and it was great until today they announced that they are going to shutdown their operations from 30 September 2014.

This came as surprise to me and nobody seems to care about my more than 40+ accounts hosted on cloud vps with them.

They forced me to shutdown my business, they've always been good, I still hope someone from stylexnetworks.com will respond to me allow me to take my server backup to another provider.

Yes I am still really hopeful that one of them will see this and my support ticket and just give me an hour with the thing.

It's really lame that they just emailed us yesterday saying we had until the end of the month and to start making backups.... then it goes down when I start making backups.

Do you think everything is crashing because literally every client is trying to do this right now?

Maybe if I try rebooting them in the middle of the night it will work.

I am going to be obsessing over this until it is resolved.

Not to say anything about this situation in particular, but many times providers in this situation have past due balances with their suppliers. Once the suppliers realize that it's game over, they might pull the plug on services faster than the provider intended.

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    Not to say anything about this situation in particular, but many times providers in this situation have past due balances with their suppliers. Once the suppliers realize that it's game over, they might pull the plug on services faster than the provider intended.
    Yup. Seem that too many times. One that owed $25,000+ in servers and was locked out/shut down by the data center/provider.

In this case, the customers ARE lucky to get a warning, BUT that doesn't mean it will play out properly either.

I can only guess that on October 1st we will see a bunch of threads related to this company. Will it be as severe as Burst?

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    I can only guess that on October 1st we will see a bunch of threads related to this company. Will it be as severe as Burst?
    It appears everyone's servers went *poof around lunchtime today (at least it appears mine did). So my guess is you will not have to wait until October 1st.

Now I will have to move without the time to make a very informed decision as to where. Luckily I did make backups of all sites in WHM late last night just in case something like this happened.

I am actually able to SSH/SCP into 1 out of 4 of my VMs.
    (Sadly not the one I care about, but the one I didn't attempt to reboot)

However...

When I try to browse to certain directories, it times out.

So it seems the issue could be with the SAN storage?

I am actually able to SSH/SCP into 1 out of 4 of my VMs.
    (Sadly not the one I care about, but the one I didn't attempt to reboot)

However...

When I try to browse to certain directories, it times out.

So it seems the issue could be with the SAN storage?
    Maybe billing on the SAN came up (rentals?) and they haven't paid it.

Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    Maybe billing on the SAN came up (rentals?) and they haven't paid it.

Francisco
    Kickstarter to get the thing back on for an hour?

Kickstarter to get the thing back on for an hour?

What a harsh way to leave the market.

This year hasn't been kind, that's for sure.

Francisco

I made a very solid offer to buy the company.. They either didn't like it or felt they were too far gone.. who knows..

I only host a handful of websites. boy, am I glad I made full cPanel backups last night. wow.

VM not booting up.

StyleX is gone.

looking for a new VPS host. heading over to the offers forum.

Quote Originally Posted by hostckr View Post
    boy, am I glad I made full cPanel backups last night.
    Said the exact same thing earlier. Unfortunately, it is SO much easier to transfer to a new WHM/cPanel host when you can use the built in account transfer options.

Holly ****, i have BackUp with 20 days and i have payed 29/8/2104 until 6/10/2014...

How can i retrieve a actual BackUp if not put more online until 30/09/2014 as promised in the email ?
    Last edited by Savassi; 09-12-2014 at 01:05 AM.

I am not able to take backup. Please can any one help in this? or they are dead?

Domain Age: 2 Year

http://www.serchen.com/company/stylex-networks-inc
    Support: It's like sending messages into a black hole.
    Seems owner is not active or occasionally check support emails.

What we learn from this hosting company?
    If you purchased a hosting from xyz company, after a year when your hosting company take a lot of time to resolve your ticket then regularly start taking a backup of your site/server on your PC or other server.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast