Two registrars list my domain

Last week I transferred one of my domains from Stargate to Godaddy. whois.sc search returns godaddy as the registrar but I can login to both registrars and view/edit the domain settings. Stargates whois says that they are the registrar. ???

The updates haven't taken affect.

It might be stargate has not removed the name from their local DB. This is common with certain registrars when you transfer away
    Domain Maven

Re: Two registrars list my domain

Originally posted by acts837
    Last week I transferred one of my domains from Stargate to Godaddy. whois.sc search returns godaddy as the registrar but I can login to both registrars and view/edit the domain settings. Stargates whois says that they are the registrar. ???
    First, check your domain status with the authoritative whois at e.g. http://www.internic.net/whois.html.

The losing registrar may still keep your name in their system for a while longer, so it SEEMS that you are able to view/edit; however, those modifications will not take place if the domain has already been handed over to the winning registrar.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Great! Looks like the transfer went through cause Godaddy is listed as my registrar everywhere I check.

I see this a lot with any of the EPP style transfers (.us, .biz, .info and .org).

If the losing registrar doesn't answer the registry's request for the domain transfer within 5 days, the registry will simply move the domain name to the gaining registrar.

When this happens, the losing registrar doesn't remove the domain name from their system, because they never released the domain name.

As you said the whois shows your new registrar, so all is well
    Dan.

"Some people just don't know what to wish for" -- O.W. Grant from the movie Interstate 60