Best way to automate web hosting payments for my clients?

I would like to setup a system, free or reasonably priced, that will automaticlly charge my clients and send them there invoice each month. I would like to use paypal if possible. From what I understand so far, if a host is paypal certified a customer could pay with there credit card via paypal. I don't have alot of clients nor do I plan on having alot, around 20 - 30 at the most.

Thanks for any insight.

All you need to do is setup a business account with paypal and then you can accept credit cards. It is very easy to do. Good luck!

Can I set it up so that, so the fifth of every month customer a and b both get there paypal account charged $5?

You can setup subscriptions through paypal which charge a recuring fee as long as the subscription is active.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Awesome!

Thanks for the quick relpies!

mtk-tech,

I would also advise checking out their fee structure for accepting payments:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...g-fees-outside

P.S. Fees are different for U.S., Canada, Europe and other countries.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Yes the paypal subscriptions are a easy way to manage paypal payment on a monthly basis etc, they send you the payment automatically on the arranged date of every month.
    Regards

I agree Paypal is one of the best ways to get started. 2Checkout is another 3rd party processor that's easy to get signed up for and allows you to set up recurring credit card billing. The fees are a bit higher, but it's good for someone who wants to accept credit cards globally without applying for a merchant account.

You may also want 2CO or another credit card processor as some people prefer just to use a credit card, and others hate Paypal.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

We use a combination of 2CO and PayPal recurring subscription billing. Works great for us, we don't use any fancy billing control panels, just an order form that pipes directly to the appropriate payment page.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Can you set up a Paypal subscription to take money from a client's bank account or not? Coz wouldn't a client needing to have Paypal limit your customer range a lot?

Originally posted by will7
    Can you set up a Paypal subscription to take money from a client's bank account or not? Coz wouldn't a client needing to have Paypal limit your customer range a lot?
    A paypal subscription would not take money straight from the client's bank account...that would be an ACH, they would have to approve that .
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

does it work for a preimer account but when i use the donation and payment buttions it doesnt come up paying by credit card option

Well, a PayPal member can make PayPal amounts from their PayPal balance, a credit card or a checking account attached to it.

So in a roundabout way, a customer could pay you (via PayPal) with their bank account.

I don't think you need anything more than just PayPal for your intended application and given the # of clients that you will be billing.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Your customers should be Paypal verified in order for you to charge them a subscription (recurring)fee.
    Getting verified with paypal takes time, and requires your customers to provide their bank account. I'm using Paypal but I'm sure I'm loosing many potential customers cuz they don't have a paypal account.

You can use phpcoin to add invoices and have them sent out automatically. You can add a paypal link to the invoice.
    Bill
    Bank of America Rip-Off
    I'm Mad as Hell, And I'm not going to take it anymore!