Which hosting is better?

Could you, please, tell me your opinion which hosting is better - Windows, Unix or Linux? And why?

Unix and Linux are effectively the same thing...

And Unix/Linux will always get the better vote, due to stability, flexibility, scalability, security and the fact that all the best web technologies are native Unix/Linux...

Also, its free!

For stability? I'll go with Linux.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Linux - Generally better security, very stable and high-performance.

I would only go down the windows route if you need one of the associated technologues, e.g. ASP .NET

And what is about Windows hosting? Why is it less stable?

Here is a decent resource to decently answer your question:
    http://www.thisisby.us/index.php/con...ure_than_linux

It's illustrated with a pair of pictures you can switch between at the top. Although this is not the whole story, it's a big part of it.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

There are lots of the "same" threads over there. Linux is able to do most of things that windows web hosting do. But if your web project need windows and cannot be supported by linux - that is other question.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris E View Post
    Linux - Generally better security, very stable and high-performance.

I would only go down the windows route if you need one of the associated technologues, e.g. ASP .NET
    I agree with Chris.

Mike

Another vote for Linux due to stability and the ease of use. (That's debatable)
    Chris Reed
    Revogate Inc.
    Revolutionizing Business Technology
    Web Hosting, XenServer Virtualization, and IT Consulting

Linux has and i think will allways be the better choice for webhosting
    Amd-Communications - Affordable and Powerful Web Hosting Services www.amd-comms.co.uk
    Toll Free: 0800 043 2336 E-mail: sales[at]amd-comms.co.uk Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - VPS Servers - Fresh IT Solutions