Android Lollipop

Can Someone tell me about the new Android Lollipop? When is Sony releasing the Update for Xperia ZR?

Might wanna try XDA.

Lollipop started rolling out in middle east and Europe for different handsets. It depends on country and carrier when they are going to upgrade your OS.
    HostBrink - Reliable & Rock Solid Hosting (24 x 7)
    VPS Servers - (US OVZ | NL KVM | SG KVM)
    Dedicated Servers - (USA | Poland | Netherland | Ukraine)
    Shared Hosting - DDOS Protected Lightning Fast

I updated my htc one m8 to lollipop and apart from the used apps list and new lock screen it just about stayed the same except alot of apps i had on no longer worked and had wait for apps to all get an update to use them.

I love it changed a lot design wise than the Jellybean one if that's what you are on. But it depends on your network and model. We only had Lollipop late December (Three UK / Samsung S5).

Quote Originally Posted by ChiragDave View Post
    Can Someone tell me about the new Android Lollipop? When is Sony releasing the Update for Xperia ZR?
    www[dot]android[dot]com/versions/lollipop-5-0/

www[dot]ign[dot]com/articles/2015/01/06/ces-2015-android-50-rolling-out-to-entire-xperia-z-series-next-month

YW

Android lollipop is faster now compared to kitkat. You will notice the speeed on your phone once you upgraded to lollipop. In note 4 the notification has a better access and change in color.

@ChiragDave: According to the Sony official blog post from 4 June, they have started rolling out Android 5.0 for Z series. So you should receive the update in the following days because the updates are being released in stages in order to receive feedback from other devices and see how are these devices performing.

There are some good things about lollipop however most the users complain about a lot of battery drain and ram issues.
    I'm running Lollipop 5.1.1 on Nexus 5 and I love how the device is performing. I've noticed that the battery life is smaller that on Kitkat however I hope that they will fix this in Android M

Android Lollipop Tips

Quote Originally Posted by ChiragDave View Post

I searched for about lollipop features over google. I found that one of the sites gave good information about android, but poor SEO made them to take their page into 6th page of Google search.

http://www.techslates.com/top-androi...s-tips-tricks/

<<snipped>>

Android is a bit strange in this way. When Lollipop was released over a year ago - just about every tech website covered it, many employ a lot of SEO tactics. Same thing happened with every other build of Android since.
    Last edited by bear; 04-07-2016 at 11:35 AM.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat