Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Failing to Advertise

Title says it all.
    I have built my site from scratch, setup WHMCS, and now failing to get attention.

This is my AWStats report for this month
    Unique visitors 478
    Number of visits 574
    Pages 5604
    Hits 31843
    bandwidth; 392.44 MB (700.1 KB/Visit)

I've spent $100 on "Google Ads Words" professionally optimised, I have posted on these forums, I have banners on several blogs.
    And all I've manage to pick up is a couple fraud orders.

Is there something wrong with my Advertising setup?
    Or maybe something not right with my site? www.blackrainhosting.com

I'll respect any replies, I just require a little guidance.

Thankyou,
    Justin

Takes time and dedication. Slow and steady or spend a good fortune on ads 100 usd is nothing.

How long should be be Chilling without Clients?
    This is my main issues, I've put months of work into the servers, site to get nothing from just over a month.

Atleast couple of month?like 6 but year is a norm. Unless you got bucks to spend on adverts.

Where is the Most effective place and approx cost for Adverts to show FAST results?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinlock View Post
    Where is the Most effective place and approx cost for Adverts to show FAST results?
    You do have to ask yourself,what is the different thing you are offering that no one else is offering. Why should a customer choose you,and not another hosting company. Once you figure that one,focus on it,promote it,and customers will come

Quote Originally Posted by ramdox View Post
    promote it, and customers will come
    There's the issue, where do I promote?

Where the big companies cant reach, your local market.

Just my usual POV and that's your content.

There a few minor grammatical errors.....not a dealbreaker. However, some of the content is just bewildering:

"bringing out clients to their feet"

"Still falls the rain dark as the world of man, turn the rain, into your gain"

I can't see any "About us" to validate your credibility, and the content you do have in place doesn't really sell the benefits of your service. It just recounts features.....and predominantly delivered in cliches.

The look of the site just has a very morbid feel to it, so along with the content it's not really presenting you in a positive way.

I would never purchase from a company that does not show proper contact information including location, address and phone numbers.

Also, couldn't easily identify where servers are based.

Best way to get initial results is, start advertising locally. I think you from the day one started adv. globally directly competing with global hosting giants.

Your domain was registered on - 24 Nov 2011
    that's very short span of time. at least put in your efforts for an year
    then wait for results.

Finally don't just rely on Google/website advertising, choose some more creative way
    Web Hosting: Reliable inexpensive cPanel Web Hosting Offers
    █ Domain Registration: Register Domain names, Domain registration in India
    Reseller Hosting: Linux Reseller with cPanel/WHM and Domain Name
    █ Digital Certificates: SSL Certificates with Dedicated IP at no additional cost

Thankyou for your feedback, it's most appreciated. I'll go back and reconsider my content.
    I'm not sure whether I should take "morbid feel" offensive or reinforcing feedback. I'm not to sure if I like being recognized a disease or not.

You should try reaching your local market, as someone said above. going into local shops advertising your hosting public notice boards in shops.

Try offering stuff that other hosts cannot provide

@sean

No the issue is
    "what is the different thing you are offering that no one else is offering. Why should a customer choose you,and not another hosting company"

Why should I choose to by 200mb from you for a 1usd,when I can find more somewhere else. Where are your servers located?Where is the about.What more can you provide to me than the 3000 people on
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4 cannot offer?

Start locally,find friends,neighbors,local shops,word of mouth is the best advertizement.

Best of luck

Martin

To be honest (you'd expect me to lie? ), as a consumer, I am skeptical of any host under the $5 / month range. I am especially skeptical of any host offering free service, aside from a few custom situations like wordpress.com. My first thought will be, "so what's wrong with it?"

Like it or not, most consumers equate price with quality, and many will make their decision based exclusively on cost. As others have said, you'll really need to carve out a niche for yourself. We can't tell you exactly what niche you should claim or how, because it's different for everyone. It depends on your budget, skillset, personal taste, sales ability, and target market. Think about how much money you want to make and who you want to sell to.

There are two ways to start out: Wait a very long time for customers to trickle in on their own, or go out and sell your service the hard way.

Word of Mouth - A satisfied client of your will bring you more clients, at least our experience says so
    Web Hosting: Reliable inexpensive cPanel Web Hosting Offers
    █ Domain Registration: Register Domain names, Domain registration in India
    Reseller Hosting: Linux Reseller with cPanel/WHM and Domain Name
    █ Digital Certificates: SSL Certificates with Dedicated IP at no additional cost

Quote Originally Posted by ramdox View Post
    You do have to ask yourself,what is the different thing you are offering that no one else is offering. Why should a customer choose you,and not another hosting company. Once you figure that one,focus on it,promote it,and customers will come
    I completely agree with this!!! It's all about building a unique brand/offering.

Quote Originally Posted by caisc View Post
    Word of Mouth - A satisfied client of your will bring you more clients, at least our experience says so
    I agree with this. I am all about Word of Mouth. I also sponsored a couple of local bloggers with free hosting and have my ad front and center. Start locally then branch from there.
    Hit up a couple local shops around you that have a website and offer them free hosting in exchange for some sort of ad.

Thankyou for your feedback, it's most appreciated. I'll go back and reconsider my content.
    I'm not sure whether I should take "morbid feel" offensive or reinforcing feedback. I'm not to sure if I like being recognized a disease or not.
    Morbid isn't a disease.....it's a gloomy atmosphere or theme.

I think you need to make it more upbeat and welcoming....unless you're looking to corner the Goth market!

I'd probably remove those "server" images from the homepage too as they're just Qnap NAS units... not something I'd want to host websites from.

Too confusing, too many hosting plans with a free hosting plan, not really confident about it.

Look most popular shared hosting sites and don't re-invent the wheel, ideas are out there, apply it.

Site template is tooo common, make it unique, special...

My 2 cents.

Its no easy to convince customers of how good you are!! i tried local market but thats also not easy to get... most people will go for the famous companies.. it doesnt seem like a good market webhosting, but lets see how it goes over period of time.... Also finding it dificult to get clients myself even though in business for 6 months or so.and very rarely down time.. but still no one trusts me apart from those already hosting with me!! i get people comming and chating on livechat then leaving it hurts but you cant force no one to buy your hosting!!!

There are 2 most important things:
    1: Credibility (Trust)
    No one want to host a website on a hosting that can disappear tomorrow. Real testimonials can help.
    2: Branding and Marketing (Visibility)
    The more we see your name on the web or in other marketing medias like magazines, newspapers... (specially if you target local market)the more people will trust in you.

Thanks for everything, I'll take your advise and see what I can get out of it, I am aware that the domain is very new, and needs time to do reconsigned.

Morbid isn't a disease.....it's a gloomy atmosphere or theme.
    Sorry, Morbid is the interest of unpleasant topics/subjects such as diseases. The way I took a "Morbid Feel" is the fact to you the site unpleasant to look at, same as some diseases.

"I'd probably remove those "server" images from the homepage too as they're just Qnap NAS units... not something I'd want to host websites from"
    Now that I look at it the way you have, they will be disappearing soon.

To be honest (you'd expect me to lie? ), as a consumer, I am skeptical of any host under the $5 / month range. I am especially skeptical of any host offering free service, aside from a few custom situations like wordpress.com. My first thought will be, "so what's wrong with it?"
    Now this may seem very weird, and many will tell me I'm going down the wrong track. I want to provide hosting at a minimal cost, with minimal profit for myself. Hence the low prices, Basically I just want to cover my loses and provide hosting at the lowest possible price.
    And the free hosting, who doesn't like free stuff, the free hosting I provide has full features as the paid hosting does, but minimal storage. and limited databases/ftp&mail accounts.

Considering what I have said do you guys understand where I am coming from as far as the hosting I am providing?

Too confusing, too many hosting plans with a free hosting plan, not really confident about it.
    Should I just provide (in short) Free, Basic, Advanced plans? Along with storage/bandwidth upgrades?

The thing to keep in mind is that, as a webhost, you are competing against hundreds of thousands other webhosts. It seems like a hundred new ones spring up every hour of every day. Customers have plenty of choices. What makes you different?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhad12 View Post
    Also finding it dificult to get clients myself even though in business for 6 months or so.and very rarely down time.. but still no one trusts me apart from those already hosting with me!! i get people comming and chating on livechat then leaving it hurts but you cant force no one to buy your hosting!!!
    I don't mean to pick on you, Sarhad12, but I pulled up the website in your signature to take a look. It has quite a few grammatical errors, catch phrases and buzzwords. It is not an ugly site, but there's nothing that differentiates you from everyone else. You look like Web Hosting Company #584,392. I'm not saying this to be mean, but honestly, the grammatical errors alone would make me, as a customer, move on right away.

It may benefit you to hire or borrow a proofreader for your site's content. Many reputable SEO firms will do this for you. It sounds nitpicky, I know, but this is the kind of thing a customer is going to see, and within three seconds they are going to decide if your web hosting is for them.

Customers make purchasing decisions based on how they feel about the product. Careless words and errors that could be simply avoided by proofreading don't make me feel very warm and fuzzy about the company.

The web hosting industry has matured to the point to where having a strong technical knowledge is no longer enough. In addition to being technically competent, you also need to be as skilled in sales and marketing. As a result, it's not as easy starting a web hosting today as it was ten years ago. You need to be able to explain to potential customers, in terms that are important to them, why your service is better than everybody else. Sell the sizzle, not the steak!
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast