Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As per my knowledge there is no way to change the age .

Maybe a Chief Hacker may be able to do it; and that too I believe will be caught in no time. I think best is to focus towards proper backlinking and quality work on the site.

The problem we all have is that that we think in one dimension and one dimension only. We are in too much of a hurry and as a result start making mistakes. Google likes older domains. Thats common sense but at the same time it dosn't make sense for anyone to try faking it. Does it add a premium to domains bought in the 1990's? I would assume so but I would also assume that taken in isolation the added value would be all but insignificant. I have got ten year old domains but I am using them in a new project. Is there any difference between them and one I registered yesterday. The answer, like everything in this business is Yes and No. The way I would put it, is that I believe it makes a lot more sense to list sites by the age of their domain rather than PR and that the reason for doing this is to make the point that PR has less value to users than most of the "other" factors in this equation.

Does that make sense?

Hmm maybe a website's PR is more for the end user to rate whether the site is reputable than search engines.

Does anyone outside this industry actually know what PR is? Come to that, do any of us really know what it is? What do you believe personally? Which is the better measure of value? Age of the domain or PR?

Am just giving my point of view here , when i say that google does not reset the value if there is a transfer of website in hands. If a site has been alive for 2 years and transfered after a dormant period , google does not consider it a new site when renewed/transferred. The logic is that google stores indexes and although it does update it regularly it does not remove it unless there is a specific reason to do so. So as long as your site was indexed previously it would bear the age in reference to the indexed period.

There have been cases experienced ( 1 by myself) in which an expired domain did not face the hypothetical " sandbox" with rigorous marketing and campaigning leading to very fast growth. However i will not vote on this one, as it could be an exception to the rule ( Thats if google allows that )

The only way is hacking into the back end, but you need to have an active site. Most domains are very old, but have not been indexed in the SE. This means that they are not considered sites to the search engines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12