Angry Hostcharge problems?

Hi,

I was wondering has anyone signed up for a HostCharge account recently? I signed up for an account for a new webhost venture my partner and I are going to run locally but have not heard anything from HostCharge.

I signed up on a Saturday for their basic account so I can test the waters so to speak but have not heard from them since then. This worries me as I had to fax a credit card and copy of a voided check to them. Their home page says setup within hours and their FAQ says setup within 24 hours no where did I see a statemtent along the lines of "except on weekends". So this irked me I know it is a free account but I just feel as I have been lied too.

Is this wrong or should I just STFU and sit down? I'm thinking of signing up with 2checkout.com in the meantime as I can get the ball rolling much faster with them (unless someone recommends another one) or authorize.net and just jump into the deep end of the pool.

I sent several emails to their sales and support department that went unanswered. I just feel irked and do not know if something is wrong with their company after faxing over the important documents. Thankfully the credit card I faxed only has $10 on it and a good thing you are able to dispute charges. But I do feel as they are just saying who cares this guy signed up for the free account...

Uuuugggghhhh...
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    http://www.bluedoghosting.com
    "Your new best friend!"

Hi,

I just signed up this afternoon and faxed my info earlier this evening. I hope to have something waiting for me in the morning, email wise.

Don't they have a number you can call? I remember seeing one on their pages. And there is a forum as well.

I'm sorry you are having this problem, I hope you get it resolved and quickly!

I went with hostcharge as 2checkout never responded to my ticket. I had a simple question for the sales dept. I posted another response to it the next day. Nothing. I did send one of the staff an email to find out if sales is manned 24/7 why wasn't my ticket taken care of? Besides, hostcharge lets me startup for free and upgrade, I hope, when I need it. I hope by Christmas!

Good luck,

Sara
    Sara

Sara Nelson Photography Preserving your moments since 1973.

Originally posted by Gadget Girl

I went with hostcharge as 2checkout never responded to my ticket. I had a simple question for the sales dept. I posted another response to it the next day. Nothing. I did send one of the staff an email to find out if sales is manned 24/7 why wasn't my ticket taken care of?
    Good luck to you as well. That is the exact same expierence I am having with HostCharge I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    "Your new best friend!"

All signups will be processed Tuesday (eastern time). We've had a few delays and I apologise for the delay in setups.

Also note that, rather than making a huge post on the WHT forums which are not even related to hostcharge in any remote sense, I would reccomend you post in our forums where someone would respond to you immediately.

Asher.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Originally posted by ^Kyo
    All signups will be processed Tuesday (eastern time). We've had a few delays and I apologise for the delay in setups.

Also note that, rather than making a huge post on the WHT forums which are not even related to hostcharge in any remote sense, I would reccomend you post in our forums where someone would respond to you immediately.

Asher.
    ^Kyo,

Thanks for the update. But I hope you can understand my frustration and posting here to get opinions and wonder what was going on as I sent a couple of emails as well just asking if there was a problem and if so just give me a notification as why would I post on the forums when I sent several emails with no reponse. So I assumed that I wouldn't get any responses in the forums. I hope you would understand this since we have to fax to you very "private" information such as CC and voided check. Btw nice website you have at HostCharge, and if everything can be resolved in the next day I would be more than willing to retract what I have said and offer an apology. Heck you may win me over as a strong proponent for your service I just felt ignored a small post on the frontpage on status or that systems down, or a quick reply via email would've satisfied me (I'm easy to please )
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    "Your new best friend!"

Sam,

Our mailserver had a slight problem since one of our mail controllers is down The backup controller for mail isnt the most marvellous peice of software so some mails have gotten lost. Thats probably why you didn't get a response from us. We usually respond within 2 hours of your emails.

Regards,
    Asher.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]

Originally posted by ^Kyo
    Sam,

Our mailserver had a slight problem since one of our mail controllers is down
    ^Kyo,

That is all I needed to know I am fine now

Should I refax the information or should I rest assured that the faxes that were faxed over the weekend are fine? Thanks again, and here's to starting over And after this I will move all further questions or requests to your forums
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    "Your new best friend!"

No need to refax at all.

Regards,
    Asher.

Hey guys, don't worry Asher is a nice guy. He will help whereever he can.

Yes, he will zoli!

Not only did I have an email answering my questions to him waiting for me this morning, I also had one for one of the hosting accounts! I have started to set up everything. Now, just waiting for the second one.

Hostcharge and I will be getting along just fine I think.

Sara
    Sara

Sara Nelson Photography Preserving your moments since 1973.

Originally posted by Gadget Girl
    Yes, he will zoli!

Not only did I have an email answering my questions to him waiting for me this morning, I also had one for one of the hosting accounts!

Sara
    That's good to hear. I hope it works out for you I'm still waiting but since I have to go to work I can wait a bit longer But thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to it as well, but off to work now...
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    "Your new best friend!"

It took less then 24 hours to setup my account (but close). DOn't worry they will set up your account. It's been great for me.
    Web-cp: an open source control panel: http://www.web-cp.net

Thanks, Gyrbo, I'm hoping to just chalk this up to a isolated incident. Still at work so I havne't checked my other email yet to determine if my account has been setup but I'm hoping to hear back from them soon Especially after the great banter I had with ^Kyo last night on this thread. He appears to be very conscious of their service and customer oriented.
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    "Your new best friend!"

Kewl,

Just wanted everyone to know that I thought I was going to have to wait longer to get my account setup at HostCharge. I fired off an email to Asher and he got my account up and running in a matter of minutes. I am going to just chalk this entire thing up to an "isolated" incident.

Thanks, Asher!
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    "Your new best friend!"