Looking to do admin and/or support work, etc. Long or short term.

I am seeking long or short term employment, either part time or full time. I have many years experience doing server administration, technical/user support, programming, installations, configurations and more.

I am familiar with Linux, *BSD, and other Unix variants.

I am very familiar with the Apache web server and have some Stronghold and Zeus experience as well. Also; Virtual hosting, SSI, CGI, etc.

I have experience and knowledge of installing, configuring and using Apache, Apache modules (such as mod_rewrite, mod_ssl, mod_perl, fastcgi, SuEXEC, mod_throttle, mod_php, mod_frontpage, and many more), etc.

I am also familiar with, have knowledge of, know how to configure and use all of the following:

ProFTP, WU-FTP, NcFTPD, SecureFTP, SSH, SSL, telnet, DNS/BIND, MySQL, Ip Chains, TCP Wrappers, firewalls, SMTP, POP, Qmail, Sendmail, CGI, PHP, HTML, ASP, PPP, TCP/IP, various security issues, control panels, etc. I have built and configured complete production web servers, name servers, mail servers and more.

I have a lot of experience using vi, grep, pico, ee, sed, awk, Perl, bash and various shells, crontab, and all the other *nix basics, intermediate and advanced programs and tools.

I have experience on shared and dedicated servers, securing them, configuring them for performance and software additions. I am familiar with and have installed many Perl modules and 3rd party software and scripts.

I have much experience trouble shooting server and user problems, abuse issues and user's scripts and programs.

I know how to program/code in Perl, PHP, C & C++, and have limited knowledge of Python and Tcl, and various other scripting and compiled languages.

I have experience with assistance via email, messenger and phone, as well as ticket systems.

I am quite familiar with many security issues and how to prevent many local and remote compromises/exploits, system monitoring, security policies and rules and much more in that regard.

I have some general to decent experience with sales as well, as this is a fairly simple task and I usually end up playing the biggest role in administration, setting up user accounts, configuring the system and services, etc. However, I do have good people skills and have done sales with a successful sign-up percentage.

Added my ability to offer realistic support in addition, trouble shoot problems, advice and assist the user after sign-up, I have proven I can provide a service that results in a very high account retention percentage.

I am in my 20's and I live in the U.S.A. My hours are very flexible and I am basically an all around knowledgeable person with any server administration, support and programming type of task(s).

I realize that I don't know everything (who does?), but I'm always learning, and I've been at this for years and I'm confident I know enough to make me an all around value to pretty much any online provider, especially in the hosting industry.

I am very interested in hearing any serious offers from any hosting company that might be interested in one or more of my qualifications, experience and abilities.

Thank you for your time and interest, I can provide more details upon response to any serious replies I get. Please feel free to email me at: webanatomy@yahoo.com if you are interested.
    Last edited by webanatomy; 07-03-2001 at 08:18 AM.

Smile

Wow, this guy knows his stuff!

Originally posted by dherman76
    Wow, this guy knows his stuff!

Originally posted by Hostexp
    exactly ... I also wonder what that comment is needed for ...

Anyway, webanatomy ... what is your price range? Please contact me since I am interested ...

cheers,

What comment? i agreed with him, and was amazed just as dherman was.

Kindest Regards,
    ValuableHost
    Originally posted by dektong

exactly ... I also wonder what that comment is needed for ...

Anyway, webanatomy ... what is your price range? Please contact me since I am interested ...

cheers,

OK my mistake then
    Yea... I am also amazed with his skill .... definitely ...

cheers,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I've had a decent amount of responses thus far. I look forward to getting involved with a company that can use my services and will be one that values their clients, how they are treated, and the like, as well as server and software issues as well. I'm always considering any serious offer from quality hosts, so if someone sees this days or weeks after I post this, I might not be in a full time position and be free to help a company out and possibly ensure a better potential for a future with them. Some prospects look promising so far, which is good to see. Again always feel free to email.

webanatomy: I will definately keep you in mind when we open our new offices in Las Vegas/Nevada this summer.
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

Thanks, I might be interested in that when it happens. Let me know if it does and if you still have interest and I'll shoot off my resume. I've had a lot of responses from this post, and although I have some good potentials, I'm still waiting for some responses, while many other's were responses asking if I'd like to work for some company's that have just started, only a "few hours a week or month" (basically), which I am not too interested in, unless it's at least enough hours to qualify as a part time, rather than consulting.

In other words, I'm looking for something steady, but it doesn't have to be 40 hours a week either. Therefore, while I await a few responses, I am still accepting offers. Again, this offer remains open, even after this thread is long forgotten about. Thanks for your time and interest.

I just wanted to post again to be clear about some aspects of my original post above. This isn't an attempt to "bump" the post, so I apologize if anyone gets that impression. I'm hoping this new post saves some people (and myself) some time and effort in responding.

I've had a lot of responses, but am still entertaining serious offers. However, I've mainly had offers for partnerships and employment offers on a very limited amount of hours per week or month. I am looking for something either part time (i.e., 20 hours or so a week, give or take), or full time (i.e., 40+ hours per week, give or take), and _not_ only a few hours a week. I am certainly considering responses about consulting and project work, but I'd _really_ prefer to not do server administration and support work for only a few hours a week -- it's simply not enough.

The more long term and steady, the better, of course, but I'm currently not interested in any employment of 4 or 5 hours a week or such things, and a partnership might be considered -- if offered from the right company with the right incentive. However, I am more interested in the work I outlined above, although I am open to interesting or enticing offers of various aspects.
    Furthermote, yes, (to save some of the people that have responded (and some that still might) some time, (before you ask (again))), I am seeking payment (a salary) for my services. I'm not sure why people ask what I expect for work, but I hope that is outright clear and upfront, at least now -- to once again save some people time (heh). Resume and work history available upon request, as always. I hope this saves some people the time of waiting for responses, if it's not of interest to myself or them. Thanks for your time, once again. :-)

interested

Hi we are very interested. You mentioned security work, how much do you do in that regard? Thank you.

Re: interested

Originally posted by HostQuote
    Hi we are very interested. You mentioned security work, how much do you do in that regard? Thank you.
    I do pretty much everything in that regard. From permissions, ownership issues, to firewalls, wrappers, restricting access, to chrooting and much more. Of course I also do monitoring, install patches, overview codes and scripts and look for bugs, security issues, or other exploits. Be it system wide on a shared server keeping users secure from each other and from attacking the system locally if they have access, or securing a server from remote attacks, configuring and disabling services, to really anything else, I've got a decent to very good amount of experience with that.

I've even considered on making security my forte and my exclusive task when working, taking employment or contracting or consulting for companies, which I am still considering -- but that there's so much more, I'd end up being an administrator anyway, so I still would do both. I've done everything fro mthe inital set ups of programs, to custom hacking programs and user's scripts to better secure the systems and everything inbetween. Anyway, if you're interested, please email me. Thanks.

Email

Well I sent you a email, i would like to discuss some things...

Joe
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

I must say, web anatomy, I was very impressed with your resume and for your assistance on some of the questions I asked you about some problems I was experiencing on those servers. Those solutions worked wonderful! I attempted to respond to your last emails, but my Yahoo email account doesn't seem to be receiving emails lately. I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I forgot. I realize you have had many offers, but I have been scouring web boards and various web sites in search of qualified employee's and/or partners.
    Again, since my email seems to not work well, can you tell me if you'd be interested in some type of partnership or partnership in addition to wages? So far, you're the best I've seen, and I don't think I need to continue my search, provided I can make you an offer that you find reasonable or better! Please contact me (or try to again) and let me know your thoughts. I don't mind if you respond to this post in addition with, just in case, as I am aware that emails have not been getting to me. I hope you are interested in something along these lines. Thank you!

Talk about good timing! I am interested!

Wow, Jack, talk about good timing! .. and I am interested! I just dropped by here to see if anything new was posted. I saw nothing new and browsed around and refreshed and checked again and there was your post! Strangely enough (is strangely a word? :-), I too have been having problems with yahoo email and getting emails myself. Someone ICQed me this morning and was asking about an email they sent me. However, this seems to have cleared up.

Firstly, I'm glad I could help you out with your server issues. Also, yes, I'm always interested in offers. Thus far, I've had many. However, most of them were asking for me to be a partner. This is okay and I'd like to, but I don't wish to put up the money to split the costs. Most people though, have offered partnerships where they'd put up the money and I'd put up all the talent. Once we make the profits, we share the profit. Different people had different terms. However, these are okay offers, but I am looking to have some type of gaurantee of wages, at least until a profit is turned. It doesn't have to be much.

So, if you or anyone else is interested in a partnership (if not just having me as an employee only), or some type of wages and partnership, wages and some interest in the company, or a partnership and some reasonable wage so I can make some money putting all the time I'll need to into the server (basically doing everything there is) until it makes a profit to pay off, I'd be very interested. Simply put, I don't have the time to invest in a company and wait for a profit. I can make do with a small amount of money though. I understand that work must be put into the company to turn a profit and that's where my reward is, but I do also need to earn money in the meantime, yet still dedicate myself to the company/business.

I was looking for admin/tech/security and programming work, obviously, not too long ago, but it wasn't anything urgently needed. However, as time has gone by, I'm finding I'd like to get into a stable/steady position fairly soon. I have had many offers, and everyone seemed happy, but a lot of the partnership and job offers didn't have enough wages or incentive to really make me want to commit, because once I do, I'm going to put all my effort, knowledge and talent into it and not be looking for or consider other offers.

This is why I need a "for sure" offer, by whatever conditions, be it employement, partnership, or a combination of both, or a combination of both until it creates a profit to offset the wages. I've had a few people hint towards this type of thing, but if anyone wishes to make such an offer that I can feel confident and comfortable with, I'll very, very seriously consider it. Thanks for your time and for posting here, I appreciate it.

PS: I still have some people sending me PM's on this board, but I don't check them very often, so please do email me at webanatomy@yahoo.com for any follow-ups. Thanks a lot!

Please email me agl@jaguarpc.com or admin@jaguarpc.net . Also I prefer ICQ if you have it and my number there is #205546 . I look forward to speaking with you.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

Arrow Client needs job done

Hello,

We have a very good client who needs the following:

Please let us stress out to you that our client does not support spamming.

However, as he explains to us, the problem today is that when operating with large opt-in email lists, mistakes do occur, and he is fed up spending time to resolve these matters, just because a mistake or two has happened. It may even result in that his webhost and the ISP shuts down the accounts.

In order not to get anymore hassles with his opt-in emailing, he needs to be able to be able to send out a large number of emails everyday, without his IP address or other details are traceable.

If you can help, he is surely willing to pay you a genereous fee for your kind help.

Please get back to us at your ealiest convenience. If possible, please leave us a phone number so we may contact you to discuss further details.

Kind regards,

Re: Client needs job done

Originally posted by cybermike
    Hello,

We have a very good client who needs the following:

Please let us stress out to you that our client does not support spamming.

However, as he explains to us, the problem today is that when operating with large opt-in email lists, mistakes do occur, and he is fed up spending time to resolve these matters, just because a mistake or two has happened. It may even result in that his webhost and the ISP shuts down the accounts.

In order not to get anymore hassles with his opt-in emailing, he needs to be able to be able to send out a large number of emails everyday, without his IP address or other details are traceable.

If you can help, he is surely willing to pay you a genereous fee for your kind help.

Please get back to us at your ealiest convenience. If possible, please leave us a phone number so we may contact you to discuss further details.

Kind regards,
    If this is a legitimate opt-in, than there should be rules, policies and checking in place, to where only the email "opted in", is genuinely the party interested in these emails. I don't see how a mistake could then be made that would result in complaints. Further, no qualified web host would cancel the account from bogus or unworthy complaints. I don't know of one opt-in email site that isn't a spammer. I'm not saying your client is, but to try and hide the IP and other details is wrong and I will in no way help out in that regard.

People should always make sure they provide that information. Not providing that information will just make more people angry and result in more complaints... and make me question your motives and claims. Provided this client practices a good, honest policy and enforces it and only emails the prople that genuinely requested to be, you will not have this issue. You're looking at it the wrong way, or you're simply up to no good. Either way, you need to consider a better alternative and I will have no part in someone hiding information when mass mailing people.

If you have people complaining, you need to take better action. You solve this problem by making sure the software checks and verifies the person requesting is the real email account owner. This is very simple to do, and I think you know this. Trying to avoid complaints by still forcing spam on them (or what is spam to them) by hiding and hiding the details, is only going to anger more people and get you into some trouble.

My advice, is to either get a real opt-in email list, send out one email to all the people on it asking them to click a link to an individual session that can't be guessed or circumvented, to confirm they WANT on the list and use only the confirmed addresses, or just shut down the site or face the consequences. What you are asking, I hope no one helps you with. If your intentions are honest, then look into other alternatives. In the meantime, don't ask me to help you out. My advice here is free, use it if you want.

Hi! I just found this thread again. I haven't been here a while and things have changed. I would like to get in contact with you again to discuss some positions. Please get back to me here, as I am currently changing email servers. Thank you!

Hi Hostquote,

Okay what can you do for this client ? Let me know. We can also discuss things via ICQ if you have it.

cybermike, I'm sorry, but I think you misunderstood or confused what role I have here. I am looking to discuss hiring this webanatomy individual, and am offering a position. This person is not my client, but a potential employee. Thanks.

Cybermike.... tsk/tsk

Cybermike,

What your client wants to do is:

a) wrong, just plain wrong
    b) violates most of the tenents of SMTP
    c) wrong, just plain wrong

I'd recommend you ditch them as a client before you get RBL'd as being spamfriendly.

-davidu
    EveryDNS.NET :: FreeDNS and more.