Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
    Very reasonable. One more point in favor of a "dot com" registration
    I tried to us another tld to build a business... it was a pain... people would say stuff like example.info.com? or example.biz.com? Hard for regular people to get other extentions exist... I switched back to .com and it is all good now...

Nice article, BTW.

I like your info on brand vs. generic. I like generic since all my generic domains are at the top of google search, without much of anything done by me (I did not plan it, it just happened). Many of my competitors seem to scramble to get mentioned on the first page, but my generic has been at #1 for years now.

But it is difficult to build a brand using a generic for your business... I'm dealing with that now as we launch some new products... very hard decisions to be made....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hvoice-boris View Post
    Finally, when you do find the best available domain, get it immediately. Any delays no matter how minor may cost you. Finding the right domain is not easy. It takes a lot of brainstorming, patience and creativity. Once you find it, don’t let it slip.
    Oh the pain of letting a beauty slip

Recently I had to come up with a domain name. Thought about it for two weeks before cooking up a sure winner. I then decided to think about that particular domain for a few days. Four days later i logged on to godaddy to register it only to find ....

...it had been registered two days before.

Don't let this happen to you, register at once!

That has happened to us twice already !

Consider registering multiple domain exitensions

Nice Stuff.
    Also mind that the right URL might not just be one web address – it might be multiple versions of the same domain name!
    As the number of domain names registered continues to increase, good names are becoming more and more competitive. For this reason, it’s possible to have a competitor snatch up the “.net” or “.biz” or ".in" version of your URL – even if you’ve secured the “.com” version.

Old But Gold !! Thank's a lot for These Advice's!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12