EmpireHosting DDOS'd

Just about 10 minutes ago, EmpireHosting got DDOS attack from a costomer. It shut down their entire network, all you can do is call them. Makes me wonder of the security on their network.

I called them and the ETA for everything to be back up is 30 minutes.

* Moved to Outages.....

Sirius

Quote Originally Posted by liquid321
    Just about 10 minutes ago, EmpireHosting got DDOS attack from a costomer. It shut down their entire network, all you can do is call them. Makes me wonder of the security on their network.
    You can have all the security in the world, but DDOS is something that you can never *fully* prevent.

Nothing is certain that you will be safe. There is always something new that you can exploit and you can attack. Even if you think they charge wildly there is no guareente* that they will save you from any type of attack. Like layer0 said you cant never fully prevent it and thats why DDOS is also a business believe it or not.

DDOS is hard to stop and if done right you cant stop it. You will have this problem with just about any hosting company that you could find.

This is one of the reasons you collect valid information on the customer before you give them service.