Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    First, if they want to charge for this services fine. But the way RC is doing it's wrong.

If they are going to start to charge for something which was always free, the correct thing is to inform customers and disable it on all registered domains to avoid unexpected charges. Or they should allow you to do this.

So far I have not found a way on how to disable these services on all domains at once (bulk). Do they really expect reseller to do this one by one on each domain?

And now 3$ charges started to appear. 3$ is not a reseller price.

Name.com and others charge that to end customers, how exactly expects ResellerClub for resellers to make money like that? They said you can sell it at double and make a profit. Wrong. You need to extract the credit card fees or PayPal fees or what ever costs you have to receive the money first.

Resellerclub started to become retail along time ago and this is why they lost customers to Enom and others. Because Enom respects their resellers and Resellerclub does not. If you are in the reselling business you need to protect your resellers.

What does protect mean?

This means that resellers should have a better price and customers should not be able to sign up directly as easily. I remember RC had their best slab at something around 6000$ you could not get to that best slab unless you paid it, there was no way around. Then they started to drop, drop, drop, and today even someone with 50$ bucks can access the best slab. What does this mean? That customers that just have a couple of domains would not buy from the reseller anymore, he can sign up directly with RC and get better prices. Even someone with 10 domains would be just better to skip his reseller and go directly with RC because its cheaper. This is how stupid their slabs are priced.

Enom never did this, they still respect the investment their resellers made. They always protected resellers and its surely not profitable for someone with a few domains to skip their reseller. While doing this Resellerclub shoot themselves in the foot since having to provide end customer support to thousands of customers with just a few domains that give almost no profit is way more expensive than just having a few big resellers with thousands of domains. No wonder some of the biggest domain resellers are with Enom, because Enom does not try to compete with them. ResellerClub has clearly become retail and this is why they are also offering all those hosting services and extra services which nobody wants.

Most people sign up with them for domains and now they have huge costs to maintain all those hosted services that most where never interested in the first place.

This is why most people are not interested in selling domains anymore. There is 0 profit to be made.

And for anyone at ResellerClub that actually is reading this. Do you people know how to do math? 3$ is a retail price not a reseller price.

Name.com offers Privacy protection at 3.99$. Do you expect Resellers to sell it at 6$ or what? Selling it at 3.80$ and then having to extract from that the PayPal or Visa fees?

Sorry, but most people would be better by telling their customers to use fake details or just implement their own Whois privacy services since I don't see to many people offering this at 3$, most don't even make 3$ profit per domain either. Now that Google and Amazon both also offer domain registration at 12$ lets see how long you can keep your Resellers interested in offering domains for less than that and still make money.

I suspect like some said here, the free services where the only benefit of using Resellerclub at all, now that is gone. There is no particular advantage in offering domains at all anymore, since most providers offer this services for free to end customers anyway.

Well said Nibb.
    I agree with you on each and every point you mentioned.
    RVH Cloud - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    First, if they want to charge for this services fine. But the way RC is doing it's wrong.

If they are going to start to charge for something which was always free, the correct thing is to inform customers and disable it on all registered domains to avoid unexpected charges. Or they should allow you to do this.

So far I have not found a way on how to disable these services on all domains at once (bulk). Do they really expect reseller to do this one by one on each domain?

And now 3$ charges started to appear. 3$ is not a reseller price.

Name.com and others charge that to end customers, how exactly expects ResellerClub for resellers to make money like that? They said you can sell it at double and make a profit. Wrong. You need to extract the credit card fees or PayPal fees or what ever costs you have to receive the money first.

Resellerclub started to become retail along time ago and this is why they lost customers to Enom and others. Because Enom respects their resellers and Resellerclub does not. If you are in the reselling business you need to protect your resellers.

What does protect mean?

This means that resellers should have a better price and customers should not be able to sign up directly as easily. I remember RC had their best slab at something around 6000$ you could not get to that best slab unless you paid it, there was no way around. Then they started to drop, drop, drop, and today even someone with 50$ bucks can access the best slab. What does this mean? That customers that just have a couple of domains would not buy from the reseller anymore, he can sign up directly with RC and get better prices. Even someone with 10 domains would be just better to skip his reseller and go directly with RC because its cheaper. This is how stupid their slabs are priced.

Enom never did this, they still respect the investment their resellers made. They always protected resellers and its surely not profitable for someone with a few domains to skip their reseller. While doing this Resellerclub shoot themselves in the foot since having to provide end customer support to thousands of customers with just a few domains that give almost no profit is way more expensive than just having a few big resellers with thousands of domains. No wonder some of the biggest domain resellers are with Enom, because Enom does not try to compete with them. ResellerClub has clearly become retail and this is why they are also offering all those hosting services and extra services which nobody wants.

Most people sign up with them for domains and now they have huge costs to maintain all those hosted services that most where never interested in the first place.

This is why most people are not interested in selling domains anymore. There is 0 profit to be made.

And for anyone at ResellerClub that actually is reading this. Do you people know how to do math? 3$ is a retail price not a reseller price.

Name.com offers Privacy protection at 3.99$. Do you expect Resellers to sell it at 6$ or what? Selling it at 3.80$ and then having to extract from that the PayPal or Visa fees?

Sorry, but most people would be better by telling their customers to use fake details or just implement their own Whois privacy services since I don't see to many people offering this at 3$, most don't even make 3$ profit per domain either. Now that Google and Amazon both also offer domain registration at 12$ lets see how long you can keep your Resellers interested in offering domains for less than that and still make money.

I suspect like some said here, the free services where the only benefit of using Resellerclub at all, now that is gone. There is no particular advantage in offering domains at all anymore, since most providers offer this services for free to end customers anyway.

You are right. Very very correct. I am only with RC because I am yet to raise money for Enom Platinum. Hopefully, I will join enom soon.

The way the are doing it, it is very unacceptable.

I renewed domains by API, in July, I didn't got any warning about privacy fee, or request to confirm privacy, I got the usual renewal email, with the usual domain cost fee.

So I renewed other domains, I didn't worry about privacy, because I was supposed, if not confirmed, they were going to disable it, or they were going to send a request to confirm it.

Yesterday I discovered there are "orders" for privacy. They aren't sending any email when a privacy order is issued!

Just Yesterday I got 2 entry in transaction list for privacy, for domains renewed more than 10 days before ...

Lets explain, why this is very unfair. Lets imagine, I have 1000 domains. One expire today, and 999 expire Tomorrow. I have privacy on all. Today, I renew one. I don't see any privacy fee. So I'm quiet, and I go renew all the 999 Others.

After 10 or a monht or who know, they bang and they create a "privacy order" for that domains in transaction list, and they get funds.

Really?

I don't think this is fair.
    --
    GloboSpace Hosting - http://www.globospace.net

I just registered another domain on my RC reseller account. $9.39 + $3 privacy protection. Cost almost $13 per domain?

Any other site that i could use to register domain cheaper?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by medialove View Post
    I just registered another domain on my RC reseller account. $9.39 + $3 privacy protection. Cost almost $13 per domain?

Any other site that i could use to register domain cheaper?

Thanks
    Resell.biz I have an account but sitting idle... So I'm not sure if they still give pp free or at discounted rates.

But a .com is $9.16 on there cheapest tier and can get even cheaper at $500 in receipts or deposits...
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Considering Resell.biz is a ResellerClub reseller, I don't think they can offer free privacy protection.

Quote Originally Posted by i7Grendel View Post
    Considering Resell.biz is a ResellerClub reseller
    That statement above is only partially true, LogicBoxes does allow to resell TLDs through them.

Anyway to the point I logged in and checked for myself it is still free and I haven't had any emails from them regarding a price increase on privacy protection.
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Thanks you!

Quote Originally Posted by respite View Post
    Resell.biz I have an account but sitting idle... So I'm not sure if they still give pp free or at discounted rates.

But a .com is $9.16 on there cheapest tier and can get even cheaper at $500 in receipts or deposits...

Email from resell.biz:

"Due to a recently introduced update with the ICANN domain policy the costs of providing the Domain Privacy Protection Service (PPS) will now be subject to a charge of $1.65 per domain name per annum.

This change will take effect on the 11th May 2015, and will be applied to new and renewed domain names."

It was only a matter of time.

I would really appreciate it if someone would actually explain where this new expense is coming from. I've gone over it before in this thread, and I can't seem to find it.

I think NetEarthOne still offers free Whois Privacy, for now.
    Canadian Web Hosting by evohost.ca
    domains ★ hosting ★ vps ★ dedicated ★ and more!
    info@evohost.ca | +1.888-321-8325

Quote Originally Posted by evohost Canada View Post

I would really appreciate it if someone would actually explain where this new expense is coming from. I've gone over it before in this thread, and I can't seem to find it.

NetEarthOne also charges.

ICANN has added new record keeping requirements on the registrars, and new timelines and procedures to handle WHOIS privacy complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    "Due to a recently introduced update with the ICANN domain policy the costs of providing the Domain Privacy Protection Service (PPS) will now be subject to a charge of $1.65 per domain name per annum.

This change will take effect on the 11th May 2015, and will be applied to new and renewed domain names."
    Did you receive a second email with the price amended at $2.95?

Edit:
    Now received another email from RB with price back at $1.65
    Last edited by LampNetworks; 03-05-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Unfortunately not. They introduced a PP charge of $1.75 per year on 6th October, 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by LampNetworks View Post
    Did you receive a second email with the price amended at $2.95?
    Yes, and then a third back at $1.65.

Quote Originally Posted by LampNetworks View Post
    Unfortunately not. They introduced a PP charge of $1.75 per year on 6th October, 2014.
    Good to know.

I understand it adds some additional processes and data retention, but I fail to see why these reseller companies are charging so much for it. $3+ per domain, per year is more than most of their profits on domain names only... seems like a cash grab, honestly. Some (very large) domain registrars are offering it for free still, while also abiding by the new rules.
    Canadian Web Hosting by evohost.ca
    domains ★ hosting ★ vps ★ dedicated ★ and more!
    info@evohost.ca | +1.888-321-8325

it seem now many registrar no longer offering free whois protection

Quote Originally Posted by 42Internet View Post
    it seem now many registrar no longer offering free whois protection
    And why not? Registrar are not doing money with domains in the first place.

Imagine, you make a dollar or maybe a few cents, and you have to provide support, email redirection, dns and what else... All for one buck a year.

If someone opens a support request for his domain and it takes you even 20 minutes to figure out, you basically earned nothing, if you are going to measure staff tech time. What does 1$ or 2$ a year pay in terms of support? Nothing. I mean honestly that selling juice on the street by a kid is more profit per glass than a domain in 12 months. You would need to sell maybe 1 glass of juice a year to make the same you earn with one sold domain. Funny but true.

So, it makes sense registrars are charging something for the only thing people are willing to pay, which is private data on the whois. The person that wants this is surely going to pay the extra bucks a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    Yes, and then a third back at $1.65.
    I got three also, Resell.biz is a mess currently, the control panel keeps breaking, emails being ignored, their main site has ton's of missing images and even the prices are missing now. I sent an email like a month ago and never got a response about the site being broken.

I've also noticed the control panel doesn't log IP's right, half the time it logs internal IP's, thinking about moving but not sure who's the best bet as I chose Resell.biz as my budgets tight.

Unhappy I want to move too

DamienF, I'm in the same situation, I want to move from resell.biz but I don't know exactly why. And, yes service matters, but prices too. Customers do look for best prices nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by DamienF View Post
    I got three also, Resell.biz is a mess currently, the control panel keeps breaking, emails being ignored, their main site has ton's of missing images and even the prices are missing now. I sent an email like a month ago and never got a response about the site being broken.

I've also noticed the control panel doesn't log IP's right, half the time it logs internal IP's, thinking about moving but not sure who's the best bet as I chose Resell.biz as my budgets tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by mirni View Post
    DamienF, I'm in the same situation, I want to move from resell.biz but I don't know exactly why. And, yes service matters, but prices too. Customers do look for best prices nowadays.
    Hi Damien and Mirni,

I'm so sorry you've had issues with our service recently. We definitely want to take care of you. Could you please email me directly so I can make sure I can get our team to help you?

Thank you!

John
    Online Marketing Manager UK2 Group
    Get a Faster Server with 100TB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234