Affiliate or webhosting company?

So,what do you think.Let's see.Some hosting companies are paying top bucks to refer customers and make a bank.We are talking about $50-$150 per one single sale.Their tos are simple = send us a customer,if the customer joins and stays for at least 2 months,you get your share.That's it.

On the other hand running your own hosting is interesting,you can react much faster to the support tickets,you can build your long term customers base but need to take care about frauds(that's just one problem).

What do you think?Where's the catch?

If you're looking to run your own hosting business and have a passion for hosting then go for it and setup your own shop.

If you are looking to offer hosting as a value added service complimenting your existing services (i.e. web design, development etc) then go for the affiliate option.

This way you won't lose focus of your existing business but at the same time get compensated for referring customers.
    Antony Mascarenhas How can I help? antony_m@zysek.com
    Zysek Technologies Pvt. Ltd. - Indian Datacenter ¦ Hyderabad & Mumbai
    Web Hosting · Virtual Servers · Dedicated Servers · Colocation · Managed Services

Thumbs up

Personally I think there is nothing better than running you're own web hosting business. Some people like to run a business while some would rather earn the commission and forget about them. Both are completely fine, it's really down to you to decide what is best for you.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

I did a lot of affiliate for companies but now planing to start own company its gives a sense of owning some thing probably in the start you would earn less but it is something u own at the end of the day which really gives a sense of satisfaction

I think if you have the technical knowledge and the inspiration to do it, go for it. But there will be much more work involved than an affiliate programme. It is vitally important to write a business plan fist though!
    Hydro Host – Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting – Reseller Hosting – Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

50% of the companies I promoted never paid because I never reached the payment threshold or they disappeared. If dedicated and willing to be in it for the long haul start your own hosting. You receive all the profits instead of working for someone else. However, with "affiliating" you could work as hard as you wanted and take a break whenever you wanted.