PrecisionEffect.com Two Year Review

I have now been with PrecisionEffect.com for two years and have just paid for year number three. I have to say I have been very happy with the quality and service I have received. For my site I currently need over 7GB of storage space plus over 60GB of bandwidth a month. For me, the few extra dollars a month that I pay for a top quality host are well worth it. It is critical that the site loads quickly and has hardly any down time. I am currently using their failover-enabled server. From what I can tell my site has only been down a total of about an hour over the past two years. I don’t think you can beat that anywhere. I have never had that kind of uptime with any other host.

In the past I have been with web hosts that have put me on servers with 500 or more other hosted domains. PrecisionEffect.com currently has me on a server with only 200 domains (5 of which are mine). I believe not pushing their equipment to the max has been the main reason for the really good uptime.

If I ever do need support, Dave or Steve Garbus (both run PrecisionEffect.com) respond within minutes. Being a smaller size host, they know me and my site and are able to help me quickly. They are also able to help me customize the service I receive on the fly (Adding storage, domains, bandwidth to the plan).

I recommend PrecisionEffect.com to anyone looking for a long term top quality host with fast loading webpages (see their LiteSpeed plans) and excellent support. The couple of dollars extra you will pay for the service will be well worth it and save you in the long run.

Great review! Going on three years with the same web hosting company is extremely impressive and I'm pleased to see your a very satisfied customer. Remember to keep us on WHT updated with the level of service yo obtain. Best of luck to you and PrecisionEffect.com!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

I have yet to ever see anything negative about PrecisionEffect and going on 3 years is quite amazing. I'm sure they will keep it up

Good luck!

Sounds like a great company! Congrats to them.

For my site I currently need over 7GB of storage space plus over 60GB of bandwidth a month.
    That seems like a fair amount of usage. Congratulations on your site's success and great web hosting choice!

From what I can tell my site has only been down a total of about an hour over the past two years.
    Just to make this clear, are you monitoring the site in other ways other than personally visiting it?

Just to make this clear, are you monitoring the site in other ways other than personally visiting it?
    In addition to being on the site all the time, I periodically (about once every three months for about a week) do monitor the site on 2 minute intervals looking for repeated failed connection attempts. There may be times the site was down that I am not aware of, but I have others using the site the would alert me.

Thanks for giving us a wonderful review on PE. As far as I am concerned I have seen only good reviews regarding them. Hope they will continue to provide a very good service to you in future too. So keep us updated in future.

Thanks for the review. Steve and Dave are indeed great guys in my dealings with them. They definitely deserve the respect and adulation you have given.

Dave

Good to hear your happy with your stay with them, its always a company's pride to have a lot of satisfied users..

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Just to follow up on this and help support what I was saying about the best uptime I have ever experienced, I decided to monitor the site closely again for the past week using this software:

http://www.iannet.org/apps/SiteMonitor/

I checked every two minutes and was able to connect to the site everytime. Here is a sample of the log:

2009-11-05 11:37:52 OK 328.125ms
    2009-11-05 11:39:52 OK 328.125ms
    2009-11-05 11:41:52 OK 328.125ms

I know that a week in itself will not satisfy the skeptics , so I will keep the software running and follow down the road sometime on the status.

Quote Originally Posted by out2sea View Post
    I know that a week in itself will not satisfy the skeptics , so I will keep the software running and follow down the road sometime on the status.
    It's not really a question of being sceptical, more that people measure downtime in different ways. Everything from "the site was up every time I visited it so it had 100% uptime!" to automated testing from multiple locations at 30s intervals and verifying the content of a database-generated web page. And errors in monitoring can go either way - single location monitoring services often overestimate downtime because of network problems at the monitoring server's end. So when someone asks you how you're monitoring, it's really just to put the figures you quote into context.

Thanks for the review.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter