Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusai View Post
    Thats wrong information. We recently had a chargeback and yes google did reverse the payment + $10 chargeback fees.
    I didn't just get that information out of my thumb.It's stated on their website. Please see this link https://checkout.google.com/seller/fraud.html

Guaranteed Payment: Checkout's Payment Guarantee protects 98% of Checkout orders on average -- when an order is guaranteed, you get paid even if it results in a chargeback.

Free Protection: While merchants are typically charged for fraud protection services, Google's comprehensive protection is free.

Lower Fraud Costs: Checkout's fraud detection systems reduce fraud and manual review costs by proactively filtering out fraudulent orders.

More Sales: The same systems also help increase sales by identifying legitimate orders that you might otherwise mark as fraudulent.

Fair Treatment: Unlike other services that immediately deduct funds from you for chargebacks, Google does so only after a decision has been made as to who is at fault.

it's look like your customer doing a scam/fraud things

they could be stealing someone data and cc
    please cmiiw always

Just send your debt collection agency to the client in question. 99% of the time the debt gets collected if you use a good debt collection agency.
    You could also consider to report this with the clients country justice department, as a charge-back for the wrong reasons is considered fraud in most countries.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitriy2011 View Post
    I didn't just get that information out of my thumb.It's stated on their website. Please see this link https://checkout.google.com/seller/fraud.html
    it's lies, as I had the same problem and has been charged £7 for chargeback.

Just send your debt collection agency to the client in question. 99% of the time the debt gets collected if you use a good debt collection agency.
    the way to do, I done exactly the same way and notified the customer, if they don't cancel the chargeback the debt collection agency cover my loss + administration charge, in my situation the client react straight away.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I really don't see under any circumstance that a bank letter stating it's not valid along with signature from the card holder along with the bank manager is not enough to reverse a chargeback. My gut when this happened and still is something went wrong in the process to not reverse that.
    This could also have been a case of stolen identity. From what you are saying it sounds like an exceptional case at least and not one I would use to judge the entire system.

However, if the procedures call for proof of ownership of means of payment, proof of services provided, and proof of authorization from card holder, a letter from the bank can be dismissed as irrelevant. It doesn't hurt to provide such documents though.

I'm curious though, was this by any chance an Amex chargeback? Those can be a complete pain to dispute, compared to MasterCard and especially Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Are you aware of the costs of going to arbitration? If you lose them the fees assessed are a lot more than a simple chargeback fee. Then factor in the time necessary to get all the documentation in place.
    Yes, I am. Arbitration is a pretty lengthy and costly procedure and I agree it should be saved for truly important situations or where you know the issuing bank has taken a wrong decision. This example you brought up is something I would have considered taking to arbitration.

Quote Originally Posted by BeZazz View Post
    My experience with CC charge backs via Paypal is.

Paypal reverses payment no matter what. As soon as a CC company is involved Paypal rolls over.
    I've only ever had two chargebacks. In one case, I won the chargeback. Sent email logs from the customer to me proving that they received what they were being sold. Took something like 6 months to get the money after hearing nothing on the matter for a long time. Guess the credit card company agreed with me.

The other chargeback I got, was for a server that had been signed up for just a couple days prior to the chargeback. I just accepted the chargeback and cancelled the customer's service on the spot. Probably a stolen card in that case, so no use trying to get blood from a stone.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    When it comes to merchant accounts, you WILL lose a majority of chargebacks. There is no 'some' here.
    Why? Simply put, it's out of the hands of your merchant provider. The chargeback comes from the customer's bank, and you'll end up losing, because the bank wants to keep the customer.

At LEAST with paypal, you've got their assurances that if it's funded by the user's account (ie: non cc), you'll be fine, as long as you live by their policies. As soon as the customer goes to their credit card, though, you're screwed when it comes to chargebacks. Why? Same reason as before. Credit card companies WANT to see their customers come back, they're not going to side against them.
    That's not so simple either. Being on the other end of chargebacks, trying to get back money fraudulently charged against my account, I've *never* won a chargeback there (thanks Chase). So it's not so simple that the banks are trying to keep their customers happy. No matter what happens in a chargeback, one side or the other is going to feel like they got screwed, no two ways about that.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12