My new business? Good Idea or Bad?

Coming from a web design background, I have been trying to getting in web hosting. I thinking of starting a business targeting new people also who want to get into web hosting too. I am able to build customized hosting website with integrated whmcs customized to an extent, and install and get everything running for the customer. This will save them lots of time and hassle, as all they need to do is operate & set prices and promote right away.

It took me a week to do this one Inbox1.com, I thinking of selling this one, and hope the buyer does well with it.

Is this a good business idea? and how much would be a good price?

mm don't think it is a good idea

oh ok, too little potential customers? or too competitive?

Reseller hosting is very competitive.
    PlusWebHost.com - 24/7 Phone Support
    Enkompass Windows Hosting - cPanel NginX Linux Hosting
    100Mbps Uplink - +1-888-679-1333
    www.PlusWebHost.com

I wont be doing the hosting, it's for the new customer that wishes to startup a hosting company and wont know much about design how to get it running, I can provide that service, they would just need to find clients and manage the billing system.

Quote Originally Posted by akirahai View Post
    I wont be doing the hosting, it's for the new customer that wishes to startup a hosting company and wont know much about design how to get it running, I can provide that service, they would just need to find clients and manage the billing system.
    I'm confused then... is it web design for web hosting companies then? If people just need to find clients / manage the billing system, then it seems to me like you would be providing hosting.
    PlusWebHost.com - 24/7 Phone Support
    Enkompass Windows Hosting - cPanel NginX Linux Hosting
    100Mbps Uplink - +1-888-679-1333
    www.PlusWebHost.com

That's not a bad idea. Wouldn't be a huge market, but if you could find the right customers, you could probably do something with it.

Marketing would be your main obstacle. You can't just walk up to people on the street and ask if they want to be web hosts. You'd have to find people who were curious but didn't have enough technical knowledge themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by tech3tech View Post
    mm don't think it is a good idea
    First of all, don't ever let anyone tell you you can't do something. Good, long lasting and profitable ideas always start in the most simple form, and I don't care if you have the best idea in the world, it will always require more work.

The very first thing I would do is focus on your business model and build from the ground up. Focus on products/marketing that will allow your company to stand out. Trying to come up in a business like this is tough, really tough, so you had better do your homework and come up with a really solid plan. The second thing I would do is tighten up your grammar, nothing says unprofessional like mediocre and thoughtless introductory statements.
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

Quote Originally Posted by PlusWebHost View Post
    I'm confused then... is it web design for web hosting companies then? If people just need to find clients / manage the billing system, then it seems to me like you would be providing hosting.
    i would just be designing and setting up everything, the client would be buying that service to save time and not need to learn how to setup as they just need to run the business.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryPippen View Post
    First of all, don't ever let anyone tell you you can't do something. Good, long lasting and profitable ideas always start in the most simple form, and I don't care if you have the best idea in the world, it will always require more work.

The very first thing I would do is focus on your business model and build from the ground up. Focus on products/marketing that will allow your company to stand out. Trying to come up in a business like this is tough, really tough, so you had better do your homework and come up with a really solid plan. The second thing I would do is tighten up your grammar, nothing says unprofessional like mediocre and thoughtless introductory statements.
    Thanks for the moral support. Sorry about the grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
    That's not a bad idea. Wouldn't be a huge market, but if you could find the right customers, you could probably do something with it.

Marketing would be your main obstacle. You can't just walk up to people on the street and ask if they want to be web hosts. You'd have to find people who were curious but didn't have enough technical knowledge themselves.
    Yeah I'm thinking now it's not big market. I will try to sell one at a time and see how it goes as I'm only a one man army.

Your sample ( Inbox1.com ) isn't knocking me off my feet.... just saying.

Good luck.

I really don't think this is a good idea as there are too many others out there doing the same thing. and with prices coming down all the time there really aint no money in this.

sweet thanks for the advice all

Quote Originally Posted by CoryPippen View Post

I agree, and dont take what you read on this forum as gospel, Selling hosting and web design together has been a model that has worked for years, i have thought about taking this to the next level for a number of years, Selling with WHMCS is something i would think about as it would limit your market and will make it less scaleable, but good luck, and like CoryPippen said, don't ever let anyone tell you you can't do something.
    Jon Black

i think its a great idea how much are you thinking of charging for a site and can the user give you some say in the general design ?

Quote Originally Posted by coderiser View Post
    i think its a great idea how much are you thinking of charging for a site and can the user give you some say in the general design ?
    I'm not sure on pricing as of yet, yeah I can create everything in Photoshop so it's easy to get customer's requirements and create it, I've been a web designer for over 8 years, just have not been designing for money for couple years now, will do the odd website for myself. I'm not sure if I'm going to do this anymore, as there is too much competition.