Review of rfxnetworks.com

Can anyone who has dealt with http://rfxnetworks.com
    give me a review.

I need a server admin and have been looking at:

http://rfxnetworks.com/linux_appsec_managed.php

Thank You!

I do not have any personal experience with them, but you can do a search and might find some useful information/feedback regarding them.

Mike
    www.ZoneServ.com - advanced internet solutions.

I did not find any bad review about them.
    Check also www.rack911.com!It seems that they are also quite good in that!

rfxnetworks design and update alot of the software many of the server administration companies here use. They are excellent at the work they do.

I have used them for a long while now, and have had good luck with the work performed.
    Glenn
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

I believe you can trust Ryan. He is very helpful even rendering unpaid help. And a lot of scripts he wrote are used widely for security.
    Database design and remote administration services
    What a weirdo! You mean you actually *talk* on the phone?

anyone had experince with Ryan's server admin...like response to fixing problems...response to request...upgrades....etc...

Thanks for the reviews

I belive he just started offering the server admin service just recently.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Originally posted by thelinuxguy
    I belive he just started offering the server admin service just recently.
    You sure? I think i've seen it on his site for a while....

Originally posted by HBN
    Me too
    Database design and remote administration services
    What a weirdo! You mean you actually *talk* on the phone?

I strongly recommend them. Ryan and his team have contributed a lot to this community. Also check out rack911.com. They are also good.

Originally posted by HBN
    I was going by his posts in the employment section, he only started offering it in his posts.
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

thelinuxguy: Is Rack911 taking any server admin request? I see on your website you are not?

If i recall correctly, he got hacked and some of his clients user/passwords were stolen and in turn they got hacked too. This was a few months back, i wouldn't trust someone who keeps customer client login information in his email.

Originally posted by BeenThereDoneThat
    thelinuxguy: Is Rack911 taking any server admin request? I see on your website you are not?
    I guess not!

I am not too sure about their server management, but they have created a great linux firewall hands down.
    Robin Alex
    At your service....

If you don't know ryan wrote APF firewall and many other really helpful applications he has done this community a great service by giving us these tools for free. I have used him in the past and he has done a great job for me and is a really nice guy.

Im not sorry.

On a side note, anything is hackable, if you put enough time into it. You can only "increase" security so much... Dont look down on ryan because of the hack he had.

I second thelinuxguy on this. Ryan is well qualified and we cannot hold the hack incident against their company. They are very good.

Originally posted by rishidude
    I second thelinuxguy on this. Ryan is well qualified and we cannot hold the hack incident against their company. They are very good.
    He was keeping customer root passwords in clear text in his email box, you cannot be held accountable for that? That is ridiculous, its like a bank who locks the doors at night time, but turns off the security system and leaves the vault open to there customers security deposit boxes.
    GigeNET
    Dedicated Servers + Cloud Servers + Colocation + DDOS Protection + IP Transit with FCP optimized routing
    Locations in Chicago Los Angeles and Ashburn

I love how people make assumptions with out knowing the facts, its wht, i shouldnt expect anyless.

Originally posted by thelinuxguy
    I love how people make assumptions with out knowing the facts, its wht, i shouldnt expect anyless.
    Please be kind enough to explain the facts then.
    GigeNET
    Dedicated Servers + Cloud Servers + Colocation + DDOS Protection + IP Transit with FCP optimized routing
    Locations in Chicago Los Angeles and Ashburn

Re: Review of rfxnetworks.com

Can anyone who has dealt with http://rfxnetworks.com
    give me a review.

I need a server admin and have been looking at:

http://rfxnetworks.com/linux_appsec_managed.php

Thank You!
    I have used Ryan to setup a couple servers and also to fix a few tough problems that I couldn't resolve.

Greetings:

Ryan is extremely qualified.

His tools for firewall management, linux process management, etc. are used by various enterprises small and large.

You are in good hands if you go with Ryan.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile