Where is CPU guaranted on VPS? And remote reboot on VDS?

Hello,
    We are basically novice in VPS, but we do feel that we will have need in one or other VPS soon.
    We had browse forum, and basically realized that in VPS there are no big difference between offers.
    But for some reason we like servint at first place (they don't tell their CPU) and atjeu (they tell their CPU) at second place.

But the thing we became unsure, is the CPU guaranted minimum usage. Why servint which seems to us more reputable doesn't guarantee CPU clocks?

On most hosters who offers VPS plans we didn't see CPU guaranteed minimum usage also. Usually they posts overall server configuration, but why we should take care about it if we don't know how much of CPU usage we'll get?

Can we ask for some explanation about this point somehow? We would be very grateful for this.

Also, one more question. Is there something like "remote reboot" option for VPS/VDS? We mean no need to bother support team then server is down?

P.S.: What is more correct VDS or VPS? Is it the totally similar things?

I am not sure about serverint as I have never used a VPS and never done business with them, but as far as I know you can not have a remote reboot for your VPS as there is nothing to reboot.

A remote reboot port provides the ability to hard reboot your machine (turn the power off to it basically) from the internet. Since a VPS is one big dedicated server that is split into smaller virtual servers, you can not reboot that machine.

Also the terms VDS/VPS can be used interchangably, either one is considered correct.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

If the provider you choose lets you access the Virtuozzo Power Panel you can reboot your VPS even if it is offline.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Hi!
    First, VPS/VDS are interchangable...there is no difference at all.
    All the same thing...one Physical server running seperate servers.

Just as you thought, there is no remote reboot system for VPS's..in fact...you don't really need it. You can start and start your server as often as you like, stop and start services..etc.

I think that is odd about ServInt. I would not consider a VPS without knowing:
    1) Guaranteed RAM
    2) Burstable RAM
    3) CPU allocation
    4) Max number of VPS's per physical server
    5) Physical server specs
    and many more things I have explained before. It's like buying a dedicated server with idea of the differences between processors.

Ask them if you like. I'm not.

Bryon

Guaranteed CPU and RAM are very important when getting a VPS - You may be able to email ServInt sales to see if they can tell you what your guaranteed CPU will be.