Pricing - what do you think?

(Basic Linux-----Enhanced Linux-----Premium Linux)

Storage Space

150 MB-----300 MB-----500 MB

Monthly Data Transfer

5 GB-----10 GB-----20 GB

Monthly Rates

$22.95-----$49.95-----$99.95

Setup Fee

$49.95-----$49.95-----$49.95

Expensive? (I maybe missing something here?)

Edit: It also depends on what your offering, setup fees are probably not a good idea in today's market.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Sounds kinda high to me. Maybe if you manage their sites and they can call you at home then that would be an ok price!

Your price is very high. This kind of pricing works only in local market.

I would try here.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/misc.p...on=forum-rules

Participants may not solicit the membership for feedback or suggestions on their product or services.
    If it belongs anywhere, it would be the Running A Webhosting Biz forum.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

without knowing what services are included with those prices, i would say they are on the high side.

That was a really bad question to ask at WHT . First of all, WHT below sea level when it comes to pricing, in other words, it's the very very bottom of the market. Just to give you some insight, check out www.pages2go.com. That is the only local webhosting company, where I live, and as you can see pricing is VERY high.

I would definately look into value-added services such as adding phone support (toll-free wouldn't be neccesary) and possibly dialup internet.
    A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno

Hi, guys.

Yeah. I know those prices are on the high side. They're Verizon's rates. Sure makes putting forth a professional image and pursuing businesses look like a smart idea, no?

http://biz.verizon.net/web/hosting/packages/linux.asp

wow, that is high priced. i think only companies such as verio can warrant those kind of charges and get clients.

but hey if you can do it then good luck to ya.

Originally posted by essexguy
    wow, that is high priced. i think only companies such as verio can warrant those kind of charges and get clients.

but hey if you can do it then good luck to ya.
    Why isn't anybody backing up there statements? What makes Verio so special they can charge that kind of pricing? The fact that the company isn't very financially stable ?
    A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno

Any larger company with real employees has to charge a higher price for hosting. The bigger company could never afford paying employee wages, benifits, and taxes if they sold sub $10-15 month packages. It's one of the reasons the so called low price high volume hosting business model is bound to fail.

Did Verizon copy our rates?

Seriously, those prices for business class hosting are not too high IMHO, as we are a small company (compared to Verio) that charges rates similar to those. Of course, we provide toll-free phone support, a knowledgeable staff, 99.99%+ uptime, etc...

When you target legitimate businesses, and actually make good on your website statements about support and reliability, pricing in the $30-$100 per month range for those types of plans are not unreasonable in a national or global market. If they were, I wouldn't be here typing this now, nor would many other companies be around.

WHT offers a skewed view to hosting prices, often tilted by personal sites and reseller plans that are on the low side of the market. For small to medium sized hosting plans, charging more while delivering more in terms of service and reliability (and not in terms of disk space and transfers) is only good business sense, and is needed to offer a higher level of service.

I won't get into the commodity vs. service debate, but I think it's pretty easy to tell where my opinions come from.

- John C.