Configuration of VPS

I was just wondering how people set divide up a virtual server.

For example

If I have 2GB of disk space and 50GB of transfer - how do you divde that up so where is comes out evenly and allocate the enough transfer for each account?

If I create 40 accounts = 500mb for disk space and then divide that into 50GB/Transfer that only gives me 1250mb of transfer for each account.

Do I need to purchase more transfer and tack that on to the bill or just say that you have 500mb account and 1250mb/Transfer.

Thanks in advance for any help

-Darren

Well, that's one way to do it, but it depends on how you want to break it up -- and that's up to you, entirely. You might want all the same plans, in which case, an even division will be what you want. You might need to allow certain user's more of something (like space or bandwidth), but yes, you'll need to buy more bandwidth before you need it, or initially and plan to use it, or be prepared to pay more if needed, when you need it, so you can cover anything extra and have it there to buy when the time comes. This is difficult to suggest, since it really depends, but that's only because it's up to you. Once you figure it out and what you want -- we can't know -- then it'll be very simple. My suggestion, is do it however you want, but just don't get stuck needing more bandwidth later and find out you can't get it or whatever, or that it's too much and you risk your sites shut down, cut off or suspended, etc. until the new month starts.