Dedicated iWeb server + VMWare ESXi experience

Hi all,

While searching for a Canadian dedicated server host I found valuable informations on this site so I am sharing back our experience with iWeb, more specifically with setting up a VMWare ESXi host on a dedicated server.

It took us a long time to figure out how to make it work because of the weird IP routing setup they use for the 7 additional IP addresses included with a dedicated server and how to assign them to guest VMs.

So here is a link to the blog entry I posted yesterday which explains in detail the general experience, exact problem and the solution we found.

blog.kryptiva.com/2010/02/using-vmware-esxi-on-an-iweb-dedicated-servers.html

I hope this helps someone out there.

Alexis

PS The entire story is pretty long, this is the only reason I am including a link to my blog instead of including it altogether in this forum post. I hope this does not upset anyone.

PPS sorry about the URL, seems I need at least 5 posts before being able to include a clickable URL to a post.

Hi,

I'd like to add your technical explanations to our existing FAQs about VMWare so that other customers may benefit from your experience, do I have your permission ?

Thanks,

Edit: Note that we are already looking into the whole case in order to figure out what went wrong and how we can prevent this from re-occurring.
    Last edited by dmsimard; 02-10-2010 at 04:54 PM.
    David Moreau Simard
    :: Blog: dmsimard.com
    :: Twitter: @dmsimard

Hi David,

With pleasure, as long as attribution to the original author of the document is retained of course.

Thanks,
    Alexis