Hi,

I have a gaming network and forum which has been running for over two years already. I've got a pretty large email database (around 200k++) which I would like to use to send emails to my users about updates on the website.

I currently have servers with softlayer, liquidweb, limestonenetworks and burstnet and I'd like to know which is the best way to send out that many email addresses without getting marked as spam or overloading my server.

I have a few questions about this:

Is there a limit on the amount of emails I can send every day using any of the companies mentioned above?

What script would you recommend me to use to manage the mailing list, so emails are sent in cycles ( hours, maybe days ) ?

Is it better to use one of my dedicated servers to send out the emails or use an SMTP hosting provider ?

I am really looking to do this in the safest way possible, I'd like to keep my users informed about the site news and give them the options of unsubscribing to the mailing list, and of course not getting my mails to SPAM/JUNK folders.

Thanks !