Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHostSupport View Post
    I have a personal site which is www.xperties.net. This site is a family gallery which is always keep updated and unused modules turned off to minimize server resources. I also have 1 other domain hosted within the account which uses no resources, space or bandwidth. Here is the total site usage:

Disk: 1384.93MB
    Bandwidth Per Month: 728.27MB
    2 Sql databases
    5 Email accounts

Hostgator gave me issues with the amount of files (pictures) I had. Each picture hosted on the account is less than or equal to 100kb. I resize all pictures prior to uploading and use FTP as my primary file transfer. They gave me issues when needing to do a backup of my account for personal storage due to the amount of files/Inodes.

I then moved to ServerRhino/Beachcomber and they are blocking legitimate emails. I have contacted them many times explaining to them that their EXIM configurations are improper as they are using "verify the existence of email senders" and doing so is blocking emails from some major forums (including this one) I visit as well as emails from my blackberry account when trying to send to my personal account. They are unwilling to work on the issue and have repeatedly close my ticket when asking for a resolution. They claim it is not their settings which anyone with EXIM and cPanel experience would know different.

I'm not a tough customer, being I have ran my own web hosting company in the past, I know how to manage and properly maintain my account. All I require is a company with history and proper EXIM configurations to help with spam but NOT BLOCK legitimate emails.

Can you provide anything I require? I'm tiered of spending hours moving my site to only run into issues days/weeks later.
    Hi... I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to help you out.

Thanks!
      0 Not allowed!

Been with StableHost for nearly 4 months now. I can honestly say that their hosting/support services are excellent. In thoes 4 months i have never experienced downtime once and their support team are always there to help whenever i need them.

Truly excellent service overall.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamshotx View Post
    Been with StableHost for nearly 4 months now. I can honestly say that their hosting/support services are excellent. In thoes 4 months i have never experienced downtime once and their support team are always there to help whenever i need them.

Truly excellent service overall.
    Thank you!!
      0 Not allowed!

I have been with Stablehost for a few months too. I plan on getting a reseller account in addition to the shared account I have with them right now. Awesome support, uptime, speed and just great overall.
      0 Not allowed!

Do you have plans for semidedicated servers in the future? Perhaps an identical server with less users than the ones we're signing up for in this thread, at a rate less than outright dedicated but more than this one?

I feel that I won't need features of a reseller account, just the managed goodies of a shared with more processing and growth potential.

Anyways again thanks for addressing issues so quickly with my website. Going to start designing seriously very soon.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperpntr View Post
    Do you have plans for semidedicated servers in the future? Perhaps an identical server with less users than the ones we're signing up for in this thread, at a rate less than outright dedicated but more than this one?

I feel that I won't need features of a reseller account, just the managed goodies of a shared with more processing and growth potential.

Anyways again thanks for addressing issues so quickly with my website. Going to start designing seriously very soon.
    We currently dont, but we might offer something like that in the future.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi.
    I need to host less than a dozen domains. None of them gets enough traffic to even overload your smallest shared package. I have bought reseller accounts from many providers over the last few years. I want to have control panels for each domain. (separate email for each, etc.) Would it be possible to have the WHM installed on the STABLE package? (Not to be used for reselling...)

Also, my ISP has blocked email traffic on port 25. Some of my website users still use port 25, but I cannot. Can you set up the server to listen on another port as well as 25?

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

I've been using you're webhosting services for little over a week, and so far it has been great !
    However, the past few hours, cp06, the server where I'm hosted on, is having issues. The serverload is very very high and mysql goes often down too.
    Already opened a ticket..

Screenshot of serverload (44.11 on 4 cpus)
    http://i47.tinypic.com/av6c0g.png

I hope it gets solved quickly.

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameMen View Post
    Hi,

I've been using you're webhosting services for little over a week, and so far it has been great !
    However, the past few hours, cp06, the server where I'm hosted on, is having issues. The serverload is very very high and mysql goes often down too.
    Already opened a ticket..

Screenshot of serverload (44.11 on 4 cpus)
    http://i47.tinypic.com/av6c0g.png

I hope it gets solved quickly.

Thanks
    Yep, we fixed it. Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Exclamation I guess no answer equals NO....

Quote Originally Posted by Switchbox View Post
    Hi.
    I need to host less than a dozen domains. None of them gets enough traffic to even overload your smallest shared package. I have bought reseller accounts from many providers over the last few years. I want to have control panels for each domain. (separate email for each, etc.) Would it be possible to have the WHM installed on the STABLE package? (Not to be used for reselling...)

Also, my ISP has blocked email traffic on port 25. Some of my website users still use port 25, but I cannot. Can you set up the server to listen on another port as well as 25?

Thanks
    "or post here and we will get back to you shortly."
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Switchbox View Post
    "or post here and we will get back to you shortly."
    Hi. Sorry, I missed your post.

I'm a bit confused on your request. Shared hosting is for you only, not your friends websites, etc.

Therefore, I'm not sure why you would want WHM, as that makes me think you want to give multiple people access to cPanel, which is the whole purpose of WHM ;-)

Either way, we don't give out WHM on our shared hosting plans, sorry.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,Nerdie.
    I have used ur shared hosting for about 1 week.I'm very happy with ur service.Just curious about ur now price strategy.The price is very competitive.But how u guys keep a realible business and good support when the clients increase?IMO in the current price u can't make much profits unless u oversell too much.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    Hi,Nerdie.
    I have used ur shared hosting for about 1 week.I'm very happy with ur service.Just curious about ur now price strategy.The price is very competitive.But how u guys keep a realible business and good support when the clients increase?IMO in the current price u can't make much profits unless u oversell too much.
    Hi -- Good question.

We are taking a loss on every new client right now. 50% off for life isn't something that will always be available, it's just a short promotion.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    Hi -- Good question.

We are taking a loss on every new client right now. 50% off for life isn't something that will always be available, it's just a short promotion.
    Awesome. Good thing I got into this promotion already
      0 Not allowed!

^I can say the same; I just bought my second "Stable" (first was in EU, this one is on newest US machine), and I want to share what I saw so far:

1) tech support is great! [thanks tyler]
    (i had 4 tickets; reply time = < 2 hours; including on sunday!)

2) both EU and US machines Im on have load avg. < 0.2, which is amazing (I personally experienced that as soon as some of the machines starts running a bit hot [read as: peak>4, avg >2-3], SH adds new one and offers transfer -- that is very important to see, because that = quality, and also a guarantee that they don't oversell!)

3) you get free domain, but you all know that; what you might need to know is that SH uses OpenSRS/eNom + you *can* control all necessary contacts + if you are customer for 3 months and then decide to stop paying for hosting, you can still keep paying for domain, or move it with yourself.

(= the domain policy is quite flexible, allowing us to change everything we need + its not abused to keep anyone as customer, which is more than fair!)

4) you can have shell enabled if you upload doc with photo id (great help for anyone who knows basic linux commands, specially for initial transfer [rsync/scp])

So, if you use this promotion (which may end even tomorrow), you can only get excellent service for price that is more than cheap (which is a bit ironic, but I assume that its really what it says - temporary bonus for all WHT members, which wont last long..)

ps. I can give you my site URLs (EU and US), if you want to ping; or even put 100mb test files, if you want to download -- just PM me. Thats in addition to this: http://status.stablehost.com/
    (but remember that they *do* have new machines, that arent listed there yet, like cp02-eu and cp07)
      0 Not allowed!

pps. just think twice what plan you choose, cause discount doesn't stay if you later decide to upgrade/downgrade unless they have same promotion going. (and chance is high that that wont happen)

of course, that doesnt apply to changing payment cycle, so if you want to save even more, you can always go with yearly payment knowing that, when it ends, you'll be able to switch to monthly (and still keep 50% off)
    Last edited by kerber; 11-22-2009 at 10:27 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the kind words, we love hearing customer feedback.

Also, thanks for letting us know about the status page, we added our newest servers to that page.

Enjoy your hosting..
      0 Not allowed!

On my server is says 99.64% uptime. Was the downtime for server maintenance or something similar?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DakNet View Post
    On my server is says 99.64% uptime. Was the downtime for server maintenance or something similar?
    Contact our support team so we can figure out what server you're on and we can look into the outages you have had.
      0 Not allowed!

I have heard stablehost is great.I might purchase soon
      0 Not allowed!

I purchased Stable Basic Shared plan yesterday. Speed is excellent, so is support. Now hoping to Win that iPod Nano
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DomainMarvelous View Post
    I purchased Stable Basic Shared plan yesterday. Speed is excellent, so is support. Now hoping to Win that iPod Nano
    Thanks for trying us out!
      0 Not allowed!

hi, I just orded basic stable plan, too bad it didn't come with a free domain!

But i got a domain for only 5$ From godaddy's Thanksgiving sale and ur cheap hosting for 1.98 a month is wonderful, good service. Hope to stay with you guys forever.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks -- Enjoy your new home!
      0 Not allowed!

Well i didnt believe tht will get an offer like this again so already signed up 3 accounts with stable host. Support is excellent till now.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast