Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tritto View Post
    everybody is not expert like you maybe? there are always new website owners every day.
    I'm far from an expert, there are lots of minor and major things I've contacted my hosts for: in every case, they first guided me through the steps to solve the issue; only if those didn't work, they took charge and fixed the issues themselves.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

Will you have any Black Friday or Cyber Monday promotions?
    My "ranking" is kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by asgard View Post
    Will you have any Black Friday or Cyber Monday promotions?
    Yes, we have updated our sticky with our Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale. Please let us know if you have any questions.
    * GeekStorage.com - Offering awesome website hosting for over 13 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Virtual Private Servers * Dedicated Servers
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

Im interested in ordering hosting with you. I want to get a domain name for 10 years and transfer my godaddy domain and content. Can you do this for me? Can I get the 50% off on 10 year hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by ServiceMonopoly View Post
    Im interested in ordering hosting with you. I want to get a domain name for 10 years and transfer my godaddy domain and content. Can you do this for me? Can I get the 50% off on 10 year hosting?
    Purchasing a domain for 10 years in advance is doable but - if I got it right - a 10yr-in-advance hosting package!?!?
    It's already risky to pay 1 year in advance, 10 years - sorry but it's true - is madness; you're not gonna find a single provider with such an option, the most is 3 years and not all providers do that - many only allow a biennal payment.

GeekStorage is among those offering 3-years-in-advance payments, but this particular offer is only for annual and biennal payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    [....] This coupon is only available on 12 or 24 month billing terms. [....]
    Last edited by asgard; 02-10-2016 at 09:58 AM.
    My "ranking" is kidding.

Why is it crazy to order 10 years advance hosting? I have kept my hosting at godady for 8 years and I plan to stay online another 10 years. I would prefer just to get a good service and pay it out for 10 years so I don't have to worry. 3 years is fine I guess.

I am a noon

Hope storagegeek works good

Can someone tell me why geek storage requires photo id? I would never give that out and I don't feel like they have the right to ask.

Can someone tell me why geek storage requires photo id? I would never give that out and I don't feel like they have the right to ask.
    That's actually pretty common - and perfectly legal - many providers do that, usually asking for that kind of further verification when some part of an order (most times is card details not matching personal data) gets flagged as fraud by their billing system.

Why is it crazy to order 10 years advance hosting? I have kept my hosting at godady for 8 years and I plan to stay online another 10 years. I would prefer just to get a good service and pay it out for 10 years so I don't have to worry. 3 years is fine I guess.

I am a noon

But you didn't pay 10 years in advance with GoDaddy, not even they have that option.
    And it's crazy because things in the hosting field can turn 180 degrees around in one day; hosts who have been around for a very long while can suddenly shut down, they can be bought out and turned into s**t or the company who bought them could double or triple the prices, etc.
    My "ranking" is kidding.

Ur right about that. Renewal are expensive tho so if you can get a deal by purchasing long-term hosting its worth it if they are reputable and then I don't have to worry about it sneaking up on you and expiring without you noticing bye I have dozens of websites all on diff hosting I prefer long term contract at least 3 years.

On a new hosting provider or one tbats not got much reviews I would go yearly or month to month

I'm using PayPal there is no reason the need my id

I'm using PayPal there is no reason the need my id
    Is your PayPal verified? Most providers don't take orders from unverified PP accounts.

Ur right about that. Renewal are expensive tho so if you can get a deal by purchasing long-term hosting its worth it if they are reputable and then I don't have to worry about it sneaking up on you and expiring without you noticing bye I have dozens of websites all on diff hosting I prefer long term contract at least 3 years.

On a new hosting provider or one tbats not got much reviews I would go yearly or month to month
    You're right as well; it's effectively mostly basically a matter of personal choices: I prefer yearly payments, you long-term ones.
    GeekStorage is surely an excellent provider - I've been with them for almost two months, I can "vouch" for their quality - so you can be safe even pre-paying 3yrs in advance; this offer, though, is only valid for 1 or 2yrs payments, as I quoted in my first response.
    Best of luck and happy hosting.
    My "ranking" is kidding.

Yeah my paypal is verified. I want to know why they are asking me for my id. and why has nobody got back to me yet? I was hoping to transfer my website over quickly now im doubting my decision and thinking about looking around. can someone at geek storage get at me?

Quote Originally Posted by asgard View Post
    Is your PayPal verified? Most providers don't take orders from unverified PP accounts.

You're right as well; it's effectively mostly basically a matter of personal choices: I prefer yearly payments, you long-term ones.
    GeekStorage is surely an excellent provider - I've been with them for almost two months, I can "vouch" for their quality - so you can be safe even pre-paying 3yrs in advance; this offer, though, is only valid for 1 or 2yrs payments, as I quoted in my first response.
    Best of luck and happy hosting.
    can you recommend me any other hosts? I want good customer service

Yeah my paypal is verified. I want to know why they are asking me for my id. and why has nobody got back to me yet? I was hoping to transfer my website over quickly now im doubting my decision and thinking about looking around. can someone at geek storage get at me?
    Hello! Can you please PM me your ticket ID? I can't find any tickets that are unanswered that are discussing an issue with order verification. I would be happy to check on it for you, though.

We don't disclose the exact reasons why a particular order is flagged for review (it could be any number of factors and almost all of them are the result of our automated fraud system that we've developed). This industry has an exceedingly outrageous number of fraudulent orders that cost merchants thousands of dollars in fees when they don't implement strong anti-fraud procedures. Most orders aren't subjected to a fraud review, but it is a quick and easy process to complete and its not something you'll be subject to with us again for future orders.
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Virtual Private Servers * Dedicated Servers

I am a noon

Because of demand over the years we just recently added the option to purchase website hosting for up to 3 years, but asgard is correct, our current WHT promotion does require either a 12 or 24-month billing term. However, the promotion is also a recurring discount, so you won't lose your discount even if you only sign up for a 12 or 24-month term. You can stay with us for the next 10 years and still receive this same discount as part of this current promotion.

Domain registrations are handled differently. The maximum amount of time a domain can be registered for is 10 years and we do offer 10 year domain registrations upon request.

just signed up for an account, one of the best user experiences in the check out process .. hope the hosting is also as kick ass.. good job

Quote Originally Posted by silicuda View Post
    just signed up for an account, one of the best user experiences in the check out process .. hope the hosting is also as kick ass.. good job
    Thanks! We're glad you like it. Please do let us know if you need any assistance.

WHT50OFF has expired? This was advertised on the 1st page?

Edit: All good as I put it for the year and it applied the coupon. Thanks. Just signed up.
    Last edited by mydediserver; 04-05-2016 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mydediserver View Post
    WHT50OFF has expired? This was advertised on the 1st page?

Edit: All good as I put it for the year and it applied the coupon. Thanks. Just signed up.
    Welcome to Geek Storage!

This thread has now been updated to include our new unlimited hosting plans and associated promotion.

Does your hosting include these ?

PHP >= 5.5.9
    OpenSSL PHP Extension
    PDO PHP Extension
    Mbstring PHP Extension
    Tokenizer PHP Extension

Quote Originally Posted by megatop View Post
    Does your hosting include these ?

PHP >= 5.5.9
    OpenSSL PHP Extension
    PDO PHP Extension
    Mbstring PHP Extension
    Tokenizer PHP Extension
    Yes, all of these requirements are supported on all of our shared and reseller hosting servers.

Just ordered a delux plan for 3 years. Hope it works out well..

Is this offer expired? Only see bi-annual plan with 40% discount on shared hosting

Well, on second try it went trough but I got flagged as fraud. Great.
    Last edited by Gioware; 06-08-2016 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gioware View Post
    Is this offer expired? Only see bi-annual plan with 40% discount on shared hosting

Well, on second try it went trough but I got flagged as fraud. Great.
    No, both promotions are still active. We offer two types of shared hosting, unlimited and also plans with limits. If you are wanting a limited plan, use coupon WHT50OFF during your order.

If you are wanting an unlimited plan, visit our website and the discount is already reflected on our website. If you are only seeing a 40% off promotion, you are looking at the limited plan page.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast