Win NT w/ nice bandwidth?

I'm actually looking for a good gaming server, with some niceties such as php and mysql. Can't seem to find anything close to what I'm looking for. Really don't wanna spend much more than $150 a month, but a few hundred GB would be nice. No other requirements. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Forgot one other thing.

My need for windows is because the things to be hosted need windows execuatables. I know that for a linux machine I can run wine or some other emulator, but would that dramatically destroy my performance like I think it would? If not can you suggest an emulator that's going to allow me to get nice performance out of my server?

Thanks again.

Firstly you cannot run a remote X session on Linux without some type of unix-vnc type of application. For the trouble, I'd immediately rule that out as an option.

You'd hardly find any quality game server providers for a few hundred GB of bandwidth for only $150 per month. What exact figures are you looking at?

You'd want a high end machine if you want a dedicated game server. Or if you want a shared account on a server for hosting your game server eg. counter-strike then you'd end up paying less. I've never seen a game server go over 150GB of bandwidth unless its really popular and there are a lot of users playing it/allowed to play it.

Just make sure your server no matter what platform you choose has more than 512MB DDR PC-2100+ ram in it. You won't regret it
    Regards,
    Santiago Yajan Cruz
    -----------------------------------------------
    [://Insert ancient Chinese saying here ...]

OK, that rules out linux.

Yes, 150 GB would be just fine. I haven't found anything more than 30 or 40.

I think serverbeach.com offers windows servers with 400 gb transfer.

Thnx. Checked into it. Looks like it's only on a 10 mb/s line tho. Any other options I should explore before going with this?

thePlanet.com, $149 a month for P4 2ghz 512mb 40GB hdd 500GB bw and Win2k

I looked into that company as well, nice offer. I also stumbled accross www.unitedcolo.com - 1000GB? there has to be a catch at $99 a month. Also, does anyone know if they'll run windows?

do a search on united colo, you'll see for yourself

As far as I know, Fastservers is taking orders again.... Windows at $180/mo ($270 setup). 300 GB of BW.

Sittin' at Hurricane Electric's facility.
    Regional Internet
    Since 1999 | San Diego, CA USA

I checked with UnitedColo. They Said they'd run windows if I send them my own CD liscense. Sounds good to me.

lol i really wouldnt pick united colo, search button will reveal why, but if fastservers are offering it id grab it. sounds great.
    --
    Rich