Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a reliable webhosting! Is godaddy good ?

So i've been out of touch with the webhosting world for sooooo long, I don't know who's good & who's bad .
    I recently registered a domain with godaddy and wanted to know what their hosting is like? does anyone have any issues with them? Are they good in terms of supporting? good servers? etc. ?

I'm open to see what other webhosting providers in here have to offer.
    Basically i'm looking for a hosting plan that must include cpanel with phpbb installed (everyone has that right?), monthly budget plans. 24/7 tech support.

I'm not sure how my website will take off, not sure how much i'll need in terms of site space/bandwidth so..................

Anyhow, please recommend me a reliable & trustworthy provider

I think what you will find is a mixed bag on GoDaddy web hosting. Just do a search on them in this forum and most of your questions will be answered.

Web hosting companies are not allowed to self-promote in discussion section. You can check the offers of other hosting companies in the WHT web hosting offers section. PHPBB can be easily installed on cPanel based hosting plan. As you are not sure how your website would progress, I would suggest you to start with a basic hosting package so that you don't end up spending lot of money at the initial stage.

No, Godaddy is not a good choice.

Agreed, stay away from GoDaddy.

I'd avoid GoDaddy if I were you.

You can find much better than godaddy @ hosting offers

May I know your budget? Frankly speaking they have mixed reviews, there are many others hosts which provides good services.

How could any host with a company called GoDaddy ! Rediculous There are heaps of great hosts out there.

Think Whiskey .... GoDaddy is a big cheap Scotch .... loads of Malts out there .... some only costing a few dollars more.

Last I checked, GoDaddy uses a proprietary control panel, and not cPanel. I suppose your best bet is to find a host offering cPanel as well as the Fantastico service, which provides 1 click installation of popular, free software such as phpBB.

Yeah, GoDaddy has great deals on domains but their web hosting service is ... not the best.
    Give us a bit more requirements and we can help you out better :
    How many websites are you looking to host on this account? Do you have space / traffic restrictions?
    What is your max budget for web hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    No, Godaddy is not a good choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bihira View Post
    Agreed, stay away from GoDaddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by illegit View Post
    I'd avoid GoDaddy if I were you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam80 View Post
    You can find much better than godaddy @ hosting offers
    Quote Originally Posted by westwing View Post
    How could any host with a company called GoDaddy ! Rediculous There are heaps of great hosts out there.

Think Whiskey .... GoDaddy is a big cheap Scotch .... loads of Malts out there .... some only costing a few dollars more.
    When was the last time you've all last used GD? Not saying you guys are wrong, but not saying you guys are right either. What you've read from others or your own personal experience from say 4 years ago really isn't relevant today is it?

I get that this forum supports small hosts, some great, some not so great, but everyone seems to discount large EIG hosts and GD and I wonder if they're just following the herd. Any type of "review" here needs a mod to verify. I wonder why this rule doesn't apply when people bash large hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTech View Post
    Last I checked, GoDaddy uses a proprietary control panel, and not cPanel. I suppose your best bet is to find a host offering cPanel as well as the Fantastico service, which provides 1 click installation of popular, free software such as phpBB.
    I believe GD just recently launched cPanel as an option. Likewise with Media Temple, which makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsunami View Post
    I wonder if they're just following the herd.
    No. Not me. I keep current on what goes on there.

I would recommend you to look around for other competitors and compare each one of them to find out the hosting provider with best hosting services.

GoDaddy is a different company than it was a year or so ago. Their new cPanel hosting is perfectly ok, based on my own experience testing it.

I suspect people new to hosting will like them, as their support is very telephone orientated. Developers and people who are a bit more technical orientated I suspect won't like the fact there is no livechat support.

Because of this you will find a mixed bag of reviews, but when researching make sure that you only really consider reviews written in the last year that refer to their cpanel or wordpress hosting (depending on what product you go with).

They definitely do not get the amount of negative reviews they did a few years ago.

From what I hear from our clients, Godaddy pricing is good but the reliability for web hosting is suspect. We get more client down-time notifications from Godaddy than any other hosting provider. Always resolved quickly, but annoying to say the least.

A quick search will reveal tons of complaints about Go Daddy. Usually regarding the same thing: slow servers. Search Yahoo or Google for "godaddy slow" and you will find lots of complaints stretching back years about poor performance due to server overloading.

They might seem to have good prices, but cheap isn't everything... especially these days when quality hosting is pretty darn inexpensive anyway.

Godaddy is a really good when compared to many other web hosting services.I have used Godaddy,Hostgator and dream host till now.All of them are good

For me Godaddy is great for the domains but, I have bad experience with them so check out the hosting forum offers.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by westwing View Post

I love this analogy But seriously...if the host can afford TV commercials...then it probably isn't a very good host...atleast in my experience!

Try out StableHost. Their web hosting service is great.

GoDaddy was never good for hosting, they WERE good as a domain registrar until a while ago, but now they're not good for that either since they have increased the renew prices way too much while not offering anything in return compared to their competitors who keep the prices low.

So, yeah I would not opt for GoDaddy for anything nowadays...

I used GoDaddy a few years ago for hosting. They're a great company to register domain names with, but not so much for hosting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast