Hybrid View

Two Shoutcast servers on one Dedi?

Is it possible to have more than one ShoutCast server runing on the same Linux Server? I tried to just change the port in the configuration and it still thinks the port is in use.

Did I miss something here?

Thanks..
    trevnetmedia.com
    Fully managed hosting. Custom website design. Custom web application development.

Yes it is. What command are you using to start the daemon? Are you using the same binary, with multiple configuration files, or are you using multiple binaries?

Moved to Emerging Technologies and Markets.
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r
    Yes it is. What command are you using to start the daemon? Are you using the same binary, with multiple configuration files, or are you using multiple binaries?
    Same files, I just made a copy of them to another directory on the server. Then I edited the configuration to use a different port. Perhaps ill just try another port, but I just thought I missed something.

Its default 8000, I set it to 8001.

Edit: I just type " ./sc_serv " to start shoutcast.
    trevnetmedia.com
    Fully managed hosting. Custom website design. Custom web application development.

You can just make config files, add 2 to the number of the last one as each one uses 3 ports (make sure they are open on your firewall if you use on do this for each server then start it like this:

./sc_serv 80XX.conf &

where xx is the port number in the conf file

hope that helps ya

I think shoutcast uses two ports the one you specify and the one just above it. I'll have to check out on that though.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Quote Originally Posted by cywkevin
    I think shoutcast uses two ports the one you specify and the one just above it. I'll have to check out on that though.
    Ah, I was told its leave 2 ports above the last one, that seems to be what cast control does so i was just following along with their methods!

Thanks Ill mess around with it back get back to you guys later.
    trevnetmedia.com