Hybrid View

How hosting companies offer ads credits ?

Hello,

Recently I found that a large number of big hosting companies are providing ad credits like Google ads, facebook ads or so. The question is how can they actually provide that?

One company I know is providing $100 google adwords credit, the cost of hosting is only $5, how can they provide $100 credit in return of $5?

What's the trick?

It is advertisers interest to give away these free coupons.. I have personally got quite a few through the post. Therefore, large hosting companies are able to get these for very cheap.
    The Simple Host Ltd - Premium Quality European Web Hosting - Uptime Stats
    Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    15-Day Money Back Guarantee, Nightly Backups, Installatron, Softaculous, RVSiteBuilder PRO, Instant Setup - All as standard!
    Call (+44) 0845 300 9066 for more information.

I've always wanted to ask this question too. It's incredible how host companies offer $100 ad-credits for a $5 hosting service.

the basic is that it has nothing to do with the hosting itself. it is ad's credit and thus doesn't influence servers etc.

From my understanding your company has to have a minimum income of $30k / month to get a deal with Google to offer your customers free Adwords credit. A lot of companies that have a very large client base can get free ad credits to pass onto their clients by setting up deals with those companies. Don't take my word for this, it's just what I've read around the forums and I can't guarantee it's correct.
    Triton Hosting
    Connecting the World...
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 24x7 Personal Support | cPanel | Instant Setup

You need a minimum of 1000 US customers, however, even then, they do not automatically accept your business for their program.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    You need a minimum of 1000 US customers, however, even then, they do not automatically accept your business for their program.
    Ive heard the same thing, but OP you can try contacting Google/Yahoo directly.
    HostMonkey | Your kingdom starts here. (tweet us @HostMonkeynet)
    Affordable and Reliable Shared Hosting, VPS Servers, and Dedicated Servers
    OpenVZ, SolusVM CP, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7x365 Support
    Server Reseller Program: significant discounts, to increase your profits!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    True and you must have someone certified in their ad program

This is discussed atleast once a week. Please use search.

Basically you have to spend about 20k/month with those ad providers and in return they give you free coupons.

If you spend so much money on them they will start giving you these free credits. For example HostGator spends so much money on them, they get those credits for free.

- Daniel

I'm a newbie here and I always wondered how this could be possible.
    Thanks for all the replies. With that said, it is almost impossible for a small biz to get these coupons. right?